PDA

View Full Version : August All Star Sports Adventure Part 3 Change of Plans

Beach Club Babe
09-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Thursday, 8/16/12

Our original plans called for the Studios this morning, but due to the fact that Courtney and Jason changed their plans to meet us from Sunday to Saturday, Animal Kingdom was where we were headed this morning.

We arrived shortly after opening and turned toward Africa. Since the wait for the Safari was 20 minutes, we got fastpasses and then took our time walking the Pangani trail which was easy to do since the gorillas were having a great time hamming it up. We got some great shots of them including one who looked like he was trying to get dressed by tossing what looked like an enormous shirt over his back and walking around. Once we exited the trail, we were able to walk right onto the Safari. Although I did find the old storyline a bit tired, the lack of one was kind of boring and left us no other choice but to listen the overly loud family in the seat behind us as they were practically screaming in our ears. Wow did we learn a lot of interesting facts about the animals...not. Still it is always enjoyable just to see the animals.

We had another early lunch as everyone was starving since we had forgone breakfast. Pizzafari was the choice, and we had the place to ourselves until we were just about finished. With our hunger satisfied, we walked over to Asia and collected fastpasses for Everest and then headed on into the Nemo show which was about to start.

Moving on into Dinoland, Matt took Emily and Hallie on Triceratop Spin. While waiting for them our fastpass window had opened up, so I grabbed some for Primevil Whirl and then we headed back to use our others on Everest. There was no way Jeff would even consider this ride as it is a coaster, but also the height factor also figured in his decision. He stayed with Hallie and made a phone call home while the rest of us rode.

Matt, Ashleigh, Emily, and I then rode Primevil Whirl. Emily has been dying to try it. She had never been tall enough until the last two trips, but each time it was down. It didn't disappoint! Ashleigh and Jeff were ready for a little break back at the resort and since the rest of us would be heading back very shortly as well, they took Hallie with them so we could all ride Dinosaur together. We let Emily play for a few minutes in the Boneyard, something else she has never done and then also made our way back to the resort where all the kids went for a dip in the pool, shortened once again by lightning.

Dinner tonight was at 1900 Park Fare, where we met Suzy, Perla, Prince Charming, Cinderella, and Lady Tremayne. I didn't think she looked particularly menacing, but the little girl at the table next to us took one look at her and went face down into her seat where she stayed for the rest of the meal. I never felt so rushed at a character meal before. Not necessarily from the characters themselves, but from our server. She was not exactly pleasant and the first words out of her mouth were "The first character will be here in a few minutes and the other characters will follow shortly. They will not return so make sure you are here. If you miss them, you don't get another chance that's it!" Frankly, I was afraid to move. I had Ron get the girls food, and even had him bring me a salad to start. After that, when I wanted more food, I sprinted up grabbed something and came back. I don't think I actually saw all that was offered. In the end, all the characters did make a second appearance.

Once we were finished, we took the monorail to MK and found a spot to watch Main St. Electrical Parade, which once again just blew Jeff away. However, Hallie was less than enthused as she fell asleep in Ashleigh's lap even before the parade started. She missed the entire thing and when we moved to find a better spot for Wishes, she remained asleep. In fact she didn't so much as stir leaving the park, on the bus ride home, or when we laid her down back in the room, until morning. Wishes once again impressed Jeff, even more than Illuminations the night before!

More to follow

Dopey's Girl
09-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Nice server! I like the food and characters at 1900 Park, but have never had a good server.

Sounds like another fun, busy day!

faline
09-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Hallie must have been really tired!!

Your dinner server had a most interesting way of trying to turn tables. Of course, the characters circle through again! Guess she wouldn't have liked us at her table since we often are still around when the characters are coming through for the second circuit! We tend to eat slowly and resist efforts to push us out the door prematurely.

The parade and Wishes was a lovely way to end the evening!!

January-2007
09-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Sounds like a very fun day!

Cinderelley
09-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Dinner tonight was at 1900 Park Fare, where we met Suzy, Perla, Prince Charming, Cinderella, and Lady Tremayne. More to follow

The mice are back????? We'll have to go. :D

Tigerinvestigator
09-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the report. Another good day with alot accomplished!

princessgirls
09-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Great day Heather...sans the snippy server at the Grand Floridian. Seriously.... with what a character dining experience costs, she needs to tone it down a bit!!!

Glad Jeff enjoyed!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
09-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Another great report! Thanks for sharing it with us.