PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Marrakesh?

DisneyFr33k
09-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I welcome any +/- reviews.

If you don't recommend it, I'd love any recommendations for my DH and I for Epcot, Our first trip alone without kids since our honeymoon 20 years ago!

Dulcee
09-05-2012, 09:58 AM
We love Restaurant Marrakesh. Its one of the quieter restaurants in EPCOT and we personally enjoy it for just adult nights. The atmosphere is warm and relaxed. They almost always have someone playing music and/or a belly dancer.

We also really enjoy the food, however if your completely uncomfortable with Morrocan food or don't enjoy tasting things outside of your comfort zone it might not be for you. You can always check out the menu in advance, from us its gets a definite thumbs up :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I haven't been in years, so can't say that it's bad or good. We enjoyed it for lunch years ago. If you have really good, authentic Middle Eastern food near you, this probably won't satisfy. But if not and if you like the menu and want to try it, I would go for it. I like the San Angel Inn for romance, but you won't get many recommendations for that one either.

I do recommend looking into some Signature dining for really good food and a more grown up atmosphere. But anything can be romantic when you're with the right person.

Gator
09-05-2012, 11:49 AM
I really liked the Marrakesh. The spices they use are very unique, but that doesn't mean they're bad. It's actually quite tasty. Plus, what would Epcot be without a little adventure :thumbsup:

joonyer
09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
I enjoy the Marrakesh (and Tangierine Cafe as well). I don't care too much for lamb, but they have beef, chicken and seafood dishes on their menu as well. Everything I've ever had there has been delicious.

darthmacho
09-05-2012, 01:47 PM
We had a wonderful lunch there, but that was way back in 1998. The reason why we haven't been back is not because we don't like it, but because we're still making our way around to all of the other World Showcase restaurants, and still haven't tried them all. I loved the food and the atmosphere there. :mickey:

biodtl
09-05-2012, 01:52 PM
I really enjoy it, but then, I already love that type of food. And the bastilla dessert is SO GOOD!

DisneyFr33k
09-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks everyone. This is making me feel better about our ADR for this restaurant. This is one place the kids weren't interested in and we've tried almost every place else, so it was a no-brainer.

If you have any other places to recommend for a couple who has rare time away from their kids (13 and 15), let me know! :mickey:

darthmacho
09-05-2012, 03:14 PM
I really enjoy it, but then, I already love that type of food. And the bastilla dessert is SO GOOD!

Yes, the bastilla is my favorite dessert in WDW, well, after Zebra Domes that is...

Quadstriker
09-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Wife loves it. It's not for me.

Anthony007
09-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Huge fan, get one of the sampler platters! The bastilla is awesome.

Melanie
09-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Wife loves it. It's not for me.

I'm with you Jeff. My least favorite WS restaurant. Food, atmosphere, waiting area all lacking in my opinion.

On the other hand, love Tangierine Cafe.

MNNHFLTX
09-05-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm with you Jeff. My least favorite WS restaurant. Food, atmosphere, waiting area all lacking in my opinion.

On the other hand, love Tangierine Cafe.

:ditto:

We went there during free dining and it was a mad house--not quiet at all! And they were squeezing so many people into the room that we were jammed into a corner. :shake: Service was so-so and food was just okay. I won't be back anytime soon.

But Tangierine Cafe is one of my favorite counter service restaurants. :thumbsup:

disneynarula
09-06-2012, 06:25 AM
We really like it. It can get fairly loud if you are seated next to the belly dancers.

The food is excellent. DH loves the lamb but I am partial to chicken. I would try one of the sampler platters.

Like others said the Bastilla is really good.

lawgirl
09-06-2012, 01:33 PM
It's been a long time since I've been there, and this was before the days of the DDP. The food was good, and I love Moroccan food. The interior is pretty, and very exotic. I don't even know if they do this anymore, but the one thing I didn't like was the belly dancer. I know that's weird, but I don't like to dance in public especially in that kind of setting, and at least when we were there, she was pulling people up to dance with her. I actually told her NO! It just made me uncomfortable, which translated to not really enjoying the meal, although the food was good. The Tangeriene Cafe is one of our favorites (but not that romantic atmosphere).

One of my favorites for romantic atmosphere and good is San Angel Inn. I don't know why people complain about it. We've always loved it. And its gorgeous inside! It's my pick.

My hubby and I went to Tokyo Dining for our anniversary, and were really disappointed in the selection and the place was so loud we couldn't hear each other or our waitress. We won't be back there, at least for a long time.

I think it depends alot on the food you like and what you would consider to be romantic! For me, its dining under the stars watching the volcano at SAI. With a margarita in hand, of course!

A Big Kid
09-06-2012, 04:37 PM
The belly dancer likes me. :thumbsup:

Jared
09-06-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm not crazy about Marrakesh. Like a bunch of the other posters on this thread, I love Tangierine Cafe. It's disappointing that the Moroccan table-service location can't live up to the standard set by its more modest counter-service counterpart.

As for Marrakesh, the food isn't particularly exotic, so don't fear if that's your concern. In fact, the menu is fairly standard, filled with basic kebabs and couscous. Nothing you haven't seen before.

I actually really like that kind of food -- I eat takeout Middle Eastern at least once a week here at home. But everything is just sort of drab at Marrakesh (except the belly dancer, of course).

Utopia74
09-06-2012, 07:04 PM
It's good, and no ADR is really needed (though it couldn't hurt)
Last time we dined there, they really rushed us (e.g: brought entree before we were finished with our appetizers, etc.).
We were probably the last seating, and I'm sure the staff wanted to start cleaning up so they could go home, but still no excuse.

So yeah, you might want to avoid going there late. Otherwise, definitely worth trying.

bruin1344
09-06-2012, 08:36 PM
I havent eaten there since 1990s. It was pretty good as long as you like Moroccan food

LeCellier and Rose & Crown (especially during Illuminations) are two other suggestions.