PDA

View Full Version : JetBlue Experts

Melanie
09-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Help! :blush:

I'm not exactly a seasoned air traveler. I booked my flight for ICOT15 a few months ago and right now JetBlue is running a sale and the same flights are now $20 less. How do I get credit, or can I even get credit? I looked all over the website and couldn't find any info. :confused:

Thanks!

VWL Mom
09-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Give them a call and they will set you up with a travel bank. The credit will go in the account and be good for one year. You may also want to get a True Blue number for mileage, it doesn't cost anything.

mydisneygirls
09-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't know if this will help for the future, but I kept an eye on the flights/prices for a while now (as I do every time I fly). It seems that a couple weeks before the date/flight you want (and I kept an eye on flights for dates 2 and 3 weeks prior to mine), the price goes down significantly if the plane is not sold out. I just got a credit on our flights (in 3 weeks) because the price went down to $93 each way from Boston on JetBlue. Of course I booked last week and I did get a great fare of $103 (for one person) and $128 (for 2) but I just got off the phone and now have a $70 credit to use within the next year. If I booked these flights months ago, the fare would have been $300. Unfortunately, airlines no longer issue a cash credit....they bank it and you need a TrueBlue number to get the credit (as VWL Mom said). The only thing is if you don't use the credit within a year from the original booking date, you do lose it though.

BrerGnat
09-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah, call them and get the $20 put in a travel bank if you think you will travel in the next year. However, be aware that the $20 has to be used by YOU, it cannot be transferred to anyone else.

In the future, don't bother booking airfare more than 6 weeks out. At the 6 week point, check fares every Tuesday afternoon/Wednesday morning for the lowest prices.

I typically book airfare 1-3 weeks out from travel and always end up with a good last minute price.

VWL Mom
09-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Yeah, call them and get the $20 put in a travel bank if you think you will travel in the next year. However, be aware that the $20 has to be used by YOU, it cannot be transferred

JetBlue does allow you to transfer credits. They also allow you to combine credits when making a reservation. If you're using more than one travel bank, you need to call them to make the reservation but they do waive the phone fee.