PDA

View Full Version : Confused about December

Princess from Tennessee
09-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi! My family will be checking in at Pop Century on Decemebr 15! My siblings (13,9, and 2) and really excited, my parents on the other hand are not. My family tried the Disney Vacation once (Decemeber 29& 3, 2008) and have refused to go back. I have been two other times with friends and know the joys of Disney... When its not packed:mickey: Anyway I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to make this trip more enjoyable for my parents. Did I mention we check in on their anniversary? And My brother turns 13 the next day! Any tips would be great! Also what rides would be good for the younger two? Thanks:blush:

Altair
09-04-2012, 08:50 PM
First off, welcome to Intercot!:mickey:

They should find things much more enjoyable by going Dec. 15 than during Christmas week. Many veterans won't go that week.

The shows may be more to their liking and they slow things down a bit.

Aggie97
09-05-2012, 12:13 AM
This year the crowds might not be too bad the week before Christmas. Because Christmas is on a Tuesday, I think a lot of schools don't begin their holiday breaks until later than usual (Sat. the 22nd).

We went on Dec. 16, 2006 -- a year when Christmas was on a Monday -- and we experienced low to moderate crowd levels until the Saturday before Christmas.

For your parents' anniversary and your brother's birthday -- perhaps you could make a reservation at a fun restaurant where you can celebrate both events?

Have a great time! :mickey:

IloveJack
09-05-2012, 09:01 AM
:welcome: to Intercot, Paige! Be forewarned, it's an addicting site. :rocks:

faline
09-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Looks like you've got a wide range of interests and ages. The things that most interest the 2 year old will not necessarily be of that much interest to the 9 year old.

We traveled with a 2 year old a couple of years ago. Favorites included the Carousel, character meals, It's A Small World and the car stunt show in Disney Studios.

Is the 9 year old a boy or a girl? If a girl, still interested in princesses? If a boy, in pirates?

Unless really timid, those in the 9-13 age group will enjoy the more thrilling rides.

Perhaps you can volunteer to take the 2 year old on rides a few times while your parents do bigger rides with the other two. I'm sure they would appreciate that! On the other hand, you might also take the 9 and 13 year old with you, at times, and leave the 2 year old with your folks which I'm sure they would also appreciate.

natstroop
09-05-2012, 10:31 AM
You could suggest to your parents to come here to Intercot to research, reasearch, research. :) A Disney trip is so much more enjoyable when you know what you're doing. Plan everything out in advance so you're not trying to decide once you get there. You have plenty of time before your trip. I make an itinerary and carry it around with me during the whole vacation. It has the park hours, show times, any reservations we have with restaurant phone numbers, which rides and attractions we want to see, etc. If your parents aren't interested in coming here, maybe you could do most of the planning and share it with them. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The people here love to help. Have fun and good luck!

Disney Doll
09-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I think this year's dates will be a whole new experience. The time between Christmas and New Year's is just crazy. I can only imagine how overwhelming that must have been for a first experience.

Tigerinvestigator
09-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Great to have another Tennessean on Intercot!:thumbsup:

I would suggest letting them have a quiet anniversary dinner, somewhere like Jiko at the AKL. If they have never seen the AKL at night it will blow their minds and give them a relaxing night away from the parks.

As for the birthday, try something fun like Whispering Canyon at WL, or Garden Grill at Epcot.

Encourage your parents to relax more and stress less. Take breaks and don't overdo it.:thumbsup:

Princess from Tennessee
09-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks for all the Welcomes! I'm thinking about just watching the three kids on their anniversary, and then after that watching the oldest two so we can do the "Big" rides. Neither of my parents are big ride people and my mom is only looking forward to IASW. Thanks for all the advice!