PDA

View Full Version : Train stops

Joannelet
09-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I probably missed this written somewhere but I am trying and figuring out some sort of game plan as our trip is coming up so fast!
I have two young boys. One is 8 months. I am getting his haircut on Main Street, USA on the first full day of his 1st trip. I am hoping to try and get to Dumbo before heading back to AOA to enjoy the pool and hotel since we are staying there for only 2 nights in a CARS suite so we want to slowww down and enjoy the new resort before switching to AKL. My question is: does the train stop again back there in the new area that Dumbo is? I know it wasn't stopping there during construction (obviously) but would love to just get the haircut done, jump on the train (or step) ;) and head over to Dumbo to ride before leaving.

joonyer
09-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Yes. The new train station has re-opened and you can get off there (former Toontown Fair station) real close to the new dual Dumbo rides.

kakn7294
09-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Yes. The new train station has re-opened and you can get off there (former Toontown Fair station) real close to the new dual Dumbo rides.And the new station is beautiful! I love the theming.

Joannelet
09-05-2012, 06:45 AM
Thank you! That is perfect! I have been to WDW millions of times but haven't gone on the train too many times (especially as an adult for some reason). Now that I have boys of my own, the train is what they are all about. Since I can't seem to remember much about the train, can I get back on it there and ride back to the front of the park? Or do I have walk from there once I exit off to the new dual Dumbo area?

VWL Mom
09-05-2012, 08:06 AM
I spent many an hour on the train when my boys were little, around and around and around.....

You can get back on right there and ride back to the front of the park no problem.

faline
09-05-2012, 10:10 AM
There are 3 train stops and you can get on or off at any of them. The first is the Main Street train station stop which is located right above the entrance to the park. The second is the Frontierland stop which is located right next to Splash Mountain. The third is the Fantasyland stop which is located in the new, expanded Fantasyland area (formerly Toon Town).

j2k
09-07-2012, 01:08 AM
My DD loved riding the train last month. It was like another "ride" to her. Everytime we were in the back of the park and wanted to go back to Main Street or Exit the park we would hop on the train and ride to the front stop. It's a lovely ride and gives the feet/legs a break. :thumbsup:

faline
09-07-2012, 09:20 AM
My DD loved riding the train last month. It was like another "ride" to her.

It's another ride to me as well! I enjoy making the circuit of the park at least once every trip!