PDA

View Full Version : Need help planning a unique surprise

MCeee
09-04-2012, 02:52 PM
My wife and I and another couple are planning our WDW vacation for next May (2013). It will be the other couple's 20th wedding anniversary. Although we are all Disney veterans, my friend has asked me to help him plan something special for his wife. I told him I would post on Intercot because that's where I get all my planning ideas.
Sooo... what do you think? :secret: Any ideas?

faline
09-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Looking for a special dinner? An activity? A surprise in the room?

You can book private dining wherein you can have dinneron a balcony complete with server. Or a special dinner at Victoria and Albert's.

A fireworks cruise?

Have a special gift basket created and delivered to the room by Disney Florist?

Tygger7
09-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Do you know if he has a specific budget in mind? A few things off the top of my head (all over the cost spectrum) are:
- Dinner at CRT (& get a glass slipper to be delivered during dinner)
- Victoria & Alberts
- Carriage ride at Port Orleans
- Couples spa treatment
- Flowers delivered to their room

Definitely make sure their anniversary is noted on all their dinner reservations.

Oh, and my DH & I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in May 2013 at WDW. :o)

Brer_Fox
09-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Deffinately order some stuff from the Disney Florist. I always do when my wife and I go down.

Here is the link: http://www.disneyflorist.com/category/occasions/loveanniversary/display

This link will take you to a section of there website where they can even decorate the room for you, it is pricey thought I've got stuff priced out around $600 right now. But take a look:

http://www.disneyflorist.com/category/occasions/inroomcelebrations/display

MCeee
09-04-2012, 06:31 PM
He has said that there is a budget, but I don't think its that tight... Like I told him... "Its your 20th dude! Forget the budget!" I think his main concern is that the money is shared so that she might miss it if its spent. Most of these things mentioned so far would not have to be paid for in advance right?
Thanks very much... so far so good. Any others?

faline
09-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Dinners and carriage rides won't get paid until you actually have the experience. Ordering through Disney florist would require a charge at the time of the order.

Brer_Fox
09-05-2012, 12:37 PM
He has said that there is a budget, but I don't think its that tight... Like I told him... "Its your 20th dude! Forget the budget!" I think his main concern is that the money is shared so that she might miss it if its spent. Most of these things mentioned so far would not have to be paid for in advance right?
Thanks very much... so far so good. Any others?

I believe some of the stuff with the florist, like the stuff they do in room, needs 48 to 72 hours. So if he has a certain date in mind, lets say on day 4 of the trip is there anniversary day, he can actually wait till he is in Disney to place the order.

Brer_Fox
09-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I just remebered this too....

You can work with one of the Bakeries and have a custom cake created and delivered as a special surprise to your room or to a restaurant with the only exception being to DTD.

Here is the Cake Ordering Hot line phone number if you are interested in doing this as well....

Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253

JMTStone
09-05-2012, 04:07 PM
I had a Father's Day gift basket delivered to my DH when we were down there. It was a Pirate package with all kinds of stuff and different kinds of beers.

The anniversary things looked nice as well.

But if you're looking for an ACTIVITY, may I recommend fireworks on the water? Both Magic Kingdom and EPCOT have Fireworks voyages. At EPCOT, you may even be able to decorate.

On our 20th, we had the kids with us so we celebrated with the Pirates and Pals voyage at MK. Not Romantic but it was a fun celebration.

MCeee
09-06-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm tellin ya... you guys are the best :number1:. I'm compiling a list of all your suggestions to give him.

I'll be checking back to see if there are any others with ideas.

Cinderelley
09-15-2012, 04:56 AM
A romantic dinner, a carriage ride and a gift basket to share in the room waiting for when we got back would be :cloud9: for me.