PDA

View Full Version : Christmas "Must-Sees"

nicholsbears
09-04-2012, 11:55 AM
:santa3: We will be there for the holiday season...any suggestion on Christmas "Must-Sees" ? Thank you. :elf:

faberj
09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
There are so many!
Be sure to resort hop to all of the deluxe resorts, they have some amazing decorations at each of them.

Zippy 1
09-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Lets see - one of my favorites is the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. It is so beautiful - all the little details that they do are wonderful. the beautifully decorated trees there are great too. I must say though that each resort has there own special touches. We like to travel to them all in the evening to enjoy what they have to offer. Have a great time exploring and let us know what you liked best!!!

Tygger7
09-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Try to see the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, and be sure and catch the Holiday tag at the end of Illuminations...simply amazing.

Most definitely spend time resort-hopping to see the decorations. Wilderness Lodge is beautiful, and the Grand Floridian is not to be missed!

My DH & I really enjoyed MVMCP, and the Osborne Lights at DHS...WOW!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Gator
09-04-2012, 04:25 PM
The Epcot Christmas tree was always my favorite because of all the international flag ornaments.

The tinsel all over Disney Studios is always stunning.

Also, the World Showcase Players have a special Christmas show that is about the funniest things I've ever seen.

disneymom15
09-04-2012, 04:53 PM
The castle at MK is beautiful. One of my favorite things at Christmas time.

Aggie97
09-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Try to see the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, and be sure and catch the Holiday tag at the end of Illuminations...simply amazing.

Most definitely spend time resort-hopping to see the decorations. Wilderness Lodge is beautiful, and the Grand Floridian is not to be missed!

My DH & I really enjoyed MVMCP, and the Osborne Lights at DHS...WOW!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

The castle at MK is beautiful. One of my favorite things at Christmas time.

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup:

DisneyGlutton
09-05-2012, 12:44 AM
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at DHS is superb. There are not sufficient words in the English language to describe them.

Also, the World Showcase countries decorate nicely as well.

joanna71985
09-05-2012, 10:29 PM
*Spectacle of Dancing Lights at DHS- awesome! I could stay all night

*Candlelight Processional at Epcot- breathtaking! I love the music, and the story (plus, some of the narrators don't hurt ;) )

*Storytellers in World Showcase

Dsnygirl
09-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Ditto'ing these:

Christmas lights on the castle... personal favorite! :cloud9:

Osborne Lights at DHS... stunning...

Storytellers at Epcot...

Candlelight Processional at Epcot... amazing!

You just can't go wrong with all the stuff to do at Christmas, but don't try to do it all... we tried to fit all of the above in with numerous trips to the resorts to see their decorations... it honestly was a bit overwhelming. If I could pick the two resorts to go to, it'd be WL for their tree and how they do the whole lobby, and the GF for their gingerbread house - it is stunning. Have fun!! :santa3:

sonamae80
09-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Are there other resorts, besides Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian, that you suggest seeing at Christmas time??
:santa3:

Tygger7
09-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Are there other resorts, besides Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian, that you suggest seeing at Christmas time??

If you have time, definitely check out Beach Club, Yacht Club, & Boardwalk.

ValenciaCalling
09-06-2012, 09:56 AM
One of my fondest memories is sitting outside the castle as the christmas music is playing and watching it change colors. I'm welling up just thinking about it! :( It really is stunning.

Also, one chilly morning right as the park opened, my friend and I got hot chocolate from the Bakery on Main Street and just walked around. Something so simple can be so enjoyable. I miss that hot chocolate!

jnfr2424
09-06-2012, 10:58 AM

If you have time, definitely check out Beach Club, Yacht Club, & Boardwalk.

don't forget AKL and even the Swan and Dolphin even though they are not Disney hotels they have great holiday displays

ThanxForNoticin
09-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Definitely worth the trip to AKL, especially Jambo House. It's a stunning lobby.

figgie
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
At the main entrance to the Grand Floridan resort, they have a big kettle where they roast chestnuts and hand out little packages of these warm goodies. We never miss this!:candy:

I also love going to the Boardwalk resort because they decorate with beautiful glass ornaments. Since I collect them, there are a few that I would love to own. I know they are using mostly what they call now shatterproof, just plastic really, for "safety" reasons, so I hope they will continue to put out these beautiful ounaments. (The gingerbread carousel is fun there too):ornament: