Matt(DS)
Ashleigh (DD#2)
Emily (DD#3)
Hallie (DD#4)
Jeff (Ashleigh's DBF) (First Timer)

Supporting Cast:

Courtney (DD#2)
Jason (Courtney's Fiance)

Our original plans also included my dear friend Rose, and her daughter Theresa. Unfortunately, they were forced to cancel. Hopefully, they will be able to join us next time.

Dates:

8/14/12 through 8/23/12

Resort:
All Star Sports
Hoops Hotel
Building 2
Rooms 2305 and 2306

Transportation:
Myself and the 2 youngest DD's flew from PHL

Ron, Matt, Ashleigh, and Jeff made the drive.

Courtney and Jason drove over from Melbourne on 8/18.

As I mentioned in another post we had some unfortunate encounters with rude cast members, but will not be including those in these detailed reports so as not to drag these out or put a damper on things. Enough has been said already.

8/14/12

Ron and I went to pick up the rental car about 10:00 this morning, stopping afterward to pick up Jeff. Once back at home, we packed it up quickly and Ron and the driving contingent hit the dusty trail. Usually when we drive, either Courtney, Rose, or I navigate, so there were no experienced navigators along this time. I carefully wrote out any details they would need, and it worked out perfectly, as they would arrive the next day about 6AM or so.

After we said our goodbyes, the younger girls and I headed down to McDonald's for a quick lunch before making the 2 hr drive to Philly. I gave a little extra time to get there, as we would be arriving late afternoon, and did not want to get stuck in any traffic since it was a weekday. I had nothing to worry about as it was all smooth sailing and arrived at Winner airport parking early. The driver then dropped us off near Southwest airline. With boarding passes in hand, and no luggage to check, we made our way to security. Traveling so lightly made it a breeze. We found our gate, the very last one of course, and sat down to wait. Our plane was scheduled on time, but shortly before we should have been boarding, the dreaded announcement is made. They say our plane was diverted into Norfolk because of severe storms in VA on up to Philly. I call Ron to see if they've encountered any of these storms and he reports nothing but sunny skies! Our flight scheduled for 5:20 is now scheduled at 6:40, then 6:45, then 6:55, then 7:00, then 6:45, finally settling on 6:40. I was getting a headache listening to all these changes every couple of minutes. Just when I think we are all boarded and ready to go, we back out from the gate and make our way to the runway, but we are still "driving" in circles it seems. Hallie, in repetitive mode keeps asking if we are flying yet. Finally we get an announcement from the Captain, GOOD NEWS he says, "We are now only 17th in line!" Aaaargh! Anyway, we do get off the ground and have a smooth flight. We head straight for Magical Express and board a bus immediately. The bus is already fairly full, and we depart immediately. We must make stops at Art of Animation and Pop Century first, but it doesn't take long before we arrive at All Star Sports.

I have already checked in online so things should be good to go, which they are with a slight hiccup. Tonight's reservation is a separate reservation than the one for the rest of the week. However, it was to be noted and attached to the others, so that we would not have to change rooms. I am informed that is not the case, and after such a long day, it is after 10PM now, I didn't even want to have to think about moving from Tennis to Baseball in the morning. I politely ask if there isn't something that could be done. The sweet CM is extremely cheerful and more than willing to try and help. She contacts the room assigners, and after a few minutes, they are able to give me a room in the Basketball section on the third floor, that I don't have to move out of in the morning, and will adjoin with the other room when they arrive! Hooray! We find our room immediately and I get the girls into their pajamas and they drift off quickly. I unpack everything that we have brought, give a call to see how the road trip is going and head off to sleep.

I automatically wake up about 6AM and give another call to see where they are, thinking they should be at least another hour or maybe 2, but they are here!

They find our way to the room and unload. Showers begin, and Matt and I head down to check in again. The CM informs me that we will have to move!!! What?? Not after all that girl went through last night! I explain what happens, and though she is reluctant to help me, she and a manager have a discussion once again with the room assigners and we will be allowed to stay, however, now the rooms will not connect, but will still be side by side. This I can live with. I then purchase 8 day park hoppers for the girls. Ron and I already have our AP's , Matt is going to purchase his, and Jeff will get his 8 day park hopper at the park as well. Off to Magic Kingdom we go! While they get their tickets, I purchase my new Tables in Wonderland Card.

More to follow

faline
09-04-2012, 11:52 AM
At least everyone has arrived safely! You would think a room solution from 10 p.m. one evening would still be in place the followng morning?!!

mydisneygirls
09-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Sounds like the movie, Planes, Trains and Automobiles (minus the train)! LOL Glad everyone arrived and hope the rest of the week was great!

Dopey's Girl
09-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah! I have been waiting to see if you decided to give us a detailed report!

Sounds like a trying first day...can't wait to read the rest!

Beach Club Babe
09-04-2012, 01:35 PM
At least everyone has arrived safely! You would think a room solution from 10 p.m. one evening would still be in place the followng morning?!!

Yes, I didn't think it was possible, especially since it was 7AM, but they told me a new room assigner had come on duty, noticed that they could give me first floor rooms, and thought I wouldn't mind the move.

January-2007
09-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks for reporting.

IloveJack
09-05-2012, 09:21 AM
We've had issues with being told we wouldn't have to move and then having to move anyhow. The second room was nicer, but the move was still time-consuming.
Off to read the rest!

EpcotChic23
09-05-2012, 10:50 AM
We ALWAYS have issues when we have to seperate room rez. They always tell us they will join them and they never do and when we get there they always try to have us move even if we have been in the current room for 5 or 6 days. I am glad in the end you got to stay in the room:thumbsup:

princessgirls
09-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Heather!!!

I LOVE your reports!! Good to see Beach Club Babe reporting again!

Your in Disney, got your passes, and it can't be later than 8am. All in all...not too shabby!

Julie:mickey:

DaisylovesDonald
09-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the report Heather! It's funny to read your kids having their significant others along for the trip. Believe it or not, I remember reading your trip reports from waaaay back when the kids were fairly young. Glad to see you are keeping the traditional trek to WDW alive as the family expands! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
09-13-2012, 07:52 PM
I really enjoy your reports! Looking forward to each days installment.
I can't understand why there always seems to be so much confusion with WDW and seperate room reservations. Hope that is the only 'bump' in the vacation road.