PDA

View Full Version : Opportunities by age

rugby1725
09-04-2012, 11:35 AM
So we are planning on going to DisneyWorld early spring 2013 and are trying to figure out when. One of the deciding factors is that our daughter will turn 3 in late February. Ideally we would like to go before she turns 3 in order to save on tickets and other costs. The one thing I want to know though is what of her experience could this impact. For example if we are planning on her going to a character dinner is there a restriction since she is under 3 or is she able to go since we are going and paying.

Thanks

faline
09-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Welcome to Intercot!

You can go to a character buffet even if your child is not 3. You will not be charged the meal price for your child and your child will still be able to dine.

goofynmd
09-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I would suggest going before she turns three. The cost savings is huge (in terms of park ticket price and food). She can eat for free at any buffets. I think it is a great age for them to experience Disney. Old enough to verbalize what they like and hopefully not be terrified of the characters. From what others have stated here on Intercot, even if they turn 3 during the vacation they are still "free" the remainder of the trip.
This is the first trip that we have to pay for 2 kids. It was sticker shock compared to what we have paid in the past.
Have fun planning.

mydisneygirls
09-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I would also plan to go before she turns 3. A friend of mine always goes the week before President's day and she has had good weather and manageable crowds.

AgentC
09-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I brought both my children frequently before they turned 3. Other than rides they are too small for (and probably wouldn't have wanted to go on anyway), there was nothing we couldn't do. Both of them had a great time on all our trips especially at the character meals.

The only age exception I can think of is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. 3 is the minimum age for the makeover.

Gator
09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
The only limits at WDW are the height restrictions and the fact that someone that young will require rest and sleep. But you should take advantage of the time. How many times will any kid and all their stuff be free? Try never.

I've taken my two oldest twice before they were three - and once each before they were two so that they were free on the airplane trip. And now my youngest will be going with us on the next trip, once again avoiding all those expensive fees.

FriendsofMickey
09-04-2012, 05:48 PM
We took our daughters 1 week before their 3rd birthday. My thought was that they were so young, they would love it, but forget it. Then we could take them again when they were 5 or 6. Boy was I wrong! They loved it! But, they never forgot it. They talked about it every other day (or at least once every week or so). So, we took them back again within a year. :mickey:
Besides that rides that your daughter will be too small for, the other things to consider are:

1. How is she with characters? Does she have issues with Santa, Easter bunny, etc.??? My girls had no problem with them, but my niece had big problems.

2. Noise level of shows. I always say if I were to do it again, I would have bought earmuffs for my girls. The shows are really loud and my girls had issues with these. The shows I am talking about are ones like Philarmagic, and Muppets 3D. I think it had to do with the 3D and loudness facter.

3. We paid for the dining plan when the girls were that age. Buffets were free. The other table services we had two choices, either we could let them eat off our plate or we can pay for another food item. Usually this was kept to about $5 (6 years ago). I know we took this option at Marakesh and Cinderella's Castle. I think each place we had them bring out buttered noodles. I am not sure the same policy is in place or not now..

If I had the choice to go back in time, I would take them again! It was a great time.

Oh one last thought, be prepared to slow way down. The little ones really enjoy things that we just walk/pass right over. For example, my girls had to walk on every light at DHS. :mickey:

Enjoy your trip!
Lori Ann