PDA

View Full Version : Soloing Disney Outside the Parks

MaterializedHaunt
09-03-2012, 04:08 PM
So I had a very last minute trip to Orlando and will be flying in tomorrow morning landing at 930am.
I want to do some Disney but not sure what would be good for me (27y/o male). I dont want to go into the parks because money is tight and Im alone on this (my friend ditched me yesterday grr). All I can think of is DTD. Anyone have any other suggestions? Ill take some off-site ideas too if you have any. Will be down there till Friday.
Thanks for any help on this.

Madame Leona
09-03-2012, 04:36 PM
If you are going in the evening, I would head over to the Boardwalk for Jellyrolls!! It's a really fun atmosphere and the dueling pianos are awesome.
Earlier in the day, DTD could be fun. We just had lunch at T-Rex and I was amazed the number of solo people sitting at the bar. If it's later, I've heard Raglan Road can be very fun. I've never been so I'm not speaking from first hand experience.

Aggie97
09-03-2012, 06:17 PM
A few years ago I had a couple days on my own at WDW while my husband was at a conference. DTD and the Boardwalk/YC/BC area are fun. One day I rode the monorail around to all the MK-area resorts, as well as the Contemporary to WL boat launch. I shopped, ate and had a drink at a couple of the resort lounges. Whatever you decide, have a great time! :mickey:

Katzateer
09-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Resort hop!

MaterializedHaunt
09-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys, the BW/YC/BC are a great idea! I did plan on going to Poly since its my favorite and I can walk there for hours. Im not so much into the bar scene and such, Im a quiet guy really. Maybe ill stumble upon a single lady friend in Poly who is bored and wants to talk over a Dole Whip haha :)

Any other suggestions are welcome! I take off in 11hours!:number1: