PDA

View Full Version : Continental/UA Merger - Schedule Changes

mrte62
09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Because of the merger between Continental and United, there have been a number of schedule changes. Each of my last 4 business trips have seen time changes ranging from a few minutes to over an hour.

Checked our October flights to Orlando yesterday and found that our flight no longer exists. We were moved to one later in the day - without any options. My DW's ticket was a frequent flier on a separate reservation. Called United and was told we had to take the later flight because no frequent flier seats were available earlier. After a "discussion" with the agent and then her supervisor, we were both moved to an earlier flight so as not to mess up our first nights dinner and food shopping plans. The supervisor and the agent were both very professional and helpful. Moral of the story:

1) Check your United reservations - there might be a change.

2) Don't settle for a flight that you are moved to - call and try to get on a flight that works best for you.

DisneyGlutton
09-03-2012, 04:15 PM
1) Check your United reservations - there might be a change.

This is superb advice. The same thing happened to me when I flew from Cle to Las Vegas earlier in the summer. They completely cancelled my flight and moved me to a later flight which would've gotten in too late to go to dinner. Things like that happen, fine. But the thing that seriously infuriated me was that they didn't notify me via email or phone call. If I wouldn't have checked (as I am paranoid), I would've been out of luck.

MadMadamMim
09-03-2012, 04:24 PM
I had my United flight from Allentown to Orlando changed a few times. (three so far) Each time I've called them and they were able to change the times to be more appropriate for no charge. It hasn't been so bad.

javamama
09-18-2012, 12:15 AM
I work for the other merged major airline, and you are 100% right. We do have a few schedule changes throughout the year, and sometimes flights are discontinued. From what I remember they should have contacted you for that big of a change. If its a few minutes here or here, a flight # change, or equipment change don't always expect a call. Glad to hear they accommodated you to the flight you wanted. I know my counterparts are in the process of making lots of changes to improve the airline.

faline
09-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the shout out. I have flights on United for a trip next year and now I can't find one of them listed. I'll need to call my travel agent to check!!