PDA

View Full Version : Boatwright's or Coral Reef?

the other micki
09-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I have never done so much changing around when it comes to restaurants than I have for my upcoming Dec. trip. Just when I think I have everything settled, I get a new "brilliant" idea! haha We have eaten at both restaurants and enjoyed both very much. Let me know which is your favorite :)

Utopia74
09-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I haven't eaten at Boatwrights, but I've been inside. For overall experience, Coral Reef would win hands down (especially if you get seated right next to the tank).

Jeffybob
09-03-2012, 03:04 PM
We have dined at both over the years each providing totally different dining experiences i.e.: Resort location vs Theme Park as well as menu selections.

Between the two I would choose Coral Reef which provides a calmer, more tranquil experience vs the noise and table proximity of a dining hall.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Owner since '98) :mickey:

2011 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

luvdiznee
09-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I would go with Boatwright, just because I like their food better. :mickey:

darthmacho
09-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Coral Reef had a nice atmosphere, but I haven't eaten there since 1998, so I can't speak about the food. Food-wise, Boatwright's was both the pleasant surprise and highlight of our 2010 trip.

#1donaldfan
09-04-2012, 12:14 PM
IF you were staing at POR I would choose Boatwrights as it is MUCH quieter, from our experiences, and it's not located in a park so you wouldn't have to travel to it.....I like the food at both equally, for me it would be the ease of transportation and crowd level to sway my vote.....:cool:

Gator
09-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I've been to both and I'm at an impasse. Coral Reef has better food, but I've never been there when I didn't have to wait for a really long time. Boatwrights has good food, not great, but it's easy access.

Hull-onian
09-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I have never done so much changing around when it comes to restaurants than I have for my upcoming Dec. trip. Just when I think I have everything settled, I get a new "brilliant" idea! haha We have eaten at both restaurants and enjoyed both very much. Let me know which is your favorite :)

I wished you had done this as a poll, then you could see which way people lean towards. I like Boatwrights for the service the food and cleanliness. At Coral Reef, there is an entertainment factor. You have the fish in the tank, the divers, and there is alot of activities going on if you want that kind of experience. We enjoyed it, and got an excellent dinner, and good service. But for a quieter more relaxing dinner, I would definitely go to Boatwrights. GL on your choice.......

Tigerinvestigator
09-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Not crazy about Boatwrights and would not make a special trip to the resort. If you are staying there...maybe. We really like Coral Reef. We took a few years off several years ago because we had some "ok" meals there. Now our kids are hooked and we have had three straight really good meals. The service has been really good as well. Just the Apetizer for two is enough to bring us back!:thumbsup:

azcavalier
09-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Have done both. Boatwrights was good, but we've had excellent meals at the Coral Reef. The very first time we went there, it blew us away. We do love the atmosphere, and while the follow up meals at the Coral Reef have never topped that first time, we've never left disappointed.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-17-2012, 10:01 AM
We've done them both, and we really enjoyed the quiet and the calm of Boatwrights after a long day in the parks. Coral Reef is a little more frantic and Boatwrights was downright silent. As two adults, we loved it.