PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West Labor Day weekend day 3

Christine
09-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Yawn! Where's the :coffee:

Emh was nice- PRIOR to EMH was not. It was packed. So much so that they were routing guests backstage for crowd control. I dislike that, but Whatever...

We enjoyed seeing the Halloween decorations and watched MM&Y for the last time (the last time is tonight, but we won't be there bc it's a school night). My pics didn't turn out like I would have liked bc the castle stage lights were up for Night of Joy but that's ok. :)
I'll miss MM&Y but look forward to what's next.

Then we went on a few rides and traded pins til we hit a wall and were all just given out around 1:30. We drug ourselves to the bus stop and headed to bed! We had stayed at the pool yesterday from 10am to 8pm and we were toast in more ways than one :sun:

This morning I'm headed to get some coffee and pack up. We came in two cars so I may see if DH will stay with the kids at the pool and I will go get the puppy from the kennel. This is my sweet Hulk, so you can see why it's hard to leave him :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JEDnfxsUwRM/UESskYJ9uRI/AAAAAAAACSI/mUY9KgrNXrs/s1600/IMG_7186-705464.png

He's such a cuddle bug!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gcNqUbwfI4o/UESsd8V0ZqI/AAAAAAAACR8/vrku2-M_byo/s1600/IMG_4697-779058.jpg

I will wrap up the weekend thoughts later...really need that coffee right now :)

Dopey's Girl
09-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Enjoy that cup of joe!

Hulk is adorable!

faline
09-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Sounds like that coffee is needed! Glad you enjoyed your weekend getaway.

Christine
09-03-2012, 01:07 PM
The kids and DH are playing volleyball so I thought i would post my final thoughts before i return to the house with unpacking, laundry, and prepping for the work and school week begins :(

Good- we like it. It's a perfect summer getaway resort. Great pool area and plenty to do!
Really prefer hospitality house area (we sere in bldg 14 right across the Street) Bus transportation (only used it once) was perfectly adequate. Service (minus Peggy at check in ) was nice and friendly.

Bad- Needs elevators! Taking a cooler up three flights of stairs is just horrid.
Food court options were limited. Wraps, sandwich, burger, hot dog. But the boat to dtd is right there! (we are having Earl again after we swim a little longer. )

All in all, would definitely book another summer weekend here. Though only if we couldn't get into Vero first! :number1:

Thanks for reading and I will post pics from DTD on FB and Twitter

Disneymom4ever
09-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I too, am envious. You are living my dream! I have a Maltese as well, Forest Gump (got him from a Southern lady, lol), and he is also such a cuddle bug! I've had them all my life, and I don't think I can ever be without one. Just love them! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Oh Christine, your little guy is such a cutie!!!

I have to agree with you that OKW is a perfect summer resort! I once read about a family that owned DVC and couldn't afford a summer vacation that year. Since they had their points and would loose them if they didn't use them they spent the week at OKW and didn't do the parks. They said it was the perfect getaway, even without the parks.

Sorry you found the food at the pool area to be lacking. We were only there for one night, but we made great use out of leftover snack and QS credits. DH got the conch fritters, and they tasted exactly like the conch fritters we had at a little hut right off the beach in the Bahamas once. And there were a few good desserts from what I remember.

Sounds like a perfect holiday weekend getaway. I agree with the previous poster, you are living my dream!:cloud9:

Christine
09-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Thank you, I'm awfully proud of my incredible Hulk! DH named him and it's rediculous I know, he hates it when I call him Hulksy-Poopsie! Hahaha!

CanadianWDWFan
09-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks for sharing your weekend getaway! We felt the same about the food options as well.

Give Hulk a chin scratch for us!:dog:

January-2007
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Sounds wonderful. Thanks so much for reporting!