PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Tales W/Belle

Buttercup
09-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Search YouTube for "Full Enchanted Tales With Belle"... oh my gosh! Someone from Attractions got to experience the full show and it's AWESOME! The Audio Animatronics are amazing!!!:mickey:

GO! GO NOW! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! :D

Strmchsr
09-02-2012, 06:50 PM
No need to search YouTube. It was posted on the Disney Blog a week or two ago. It was pretty cool.

Dulcee
09-02-2012, 06:58 PM
This seems like more then what the blog showed. Looks cool! I can't wait til December!!

Buttercup
09-02-2012, 06:59 PM
True, but that's just the highlights -- someone's got a 14-minute full walk-through of the complete attraction on Youtube! :thumbsup:

ImagiAsh
09-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks for sharing! However, am I the only one who wants to wait until I go to Disney to see it for myself? I guess I just like anticipation. :mickey:

BrerSchultzy
09-03-2012, 12:30 AM
There's a rumor on another site that they are doing selected previews on this already! We might might to linger near the construction walls when we are down there next week.

BrerGnat
09-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Uhhhh....not a fan of this. I am still trying to process what I just saw. I guess this is Disney's answer to Ollivander's wand show at WWOHP...

Honestly, I would have been ticked off if I stood in a long line to "meet" Belle and had to endure this show instead. There needs to be more explanation as to what this is as calling it a meet and greet is quite misleading. It's a show requiring extensive audience participation. That should be made clear ahead of time. Glad I saw this so I won't ever waste time on it. Just not up our family's alley at all.

Altair
09-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Honestly, I would have been ticked off if I stood in a long line to "meet" Belle and had to endure this show instead. There needs to be more explanation as to what this is as calling it a meet and greet is quite misleading. It's a show requiring extensive audience participation. That should be made clear ahead of time.

I thought the same thing. This may be great for the right demographic, but I think they may be headed for trouble making some young boys dance with Belle.
Otherwise, the Lumiere and mirror were great.

Buttercup
09-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Uhhhh....not a fan of this. I am still trying to process what I just saw. I guess this is Disney's answer to Ollivander's wand show at WWOHP...

Honestly, I would have been ticked off if I stood in a long line to "meet" Belle and had to endure this show instead. There needs to be more explanation as to what this is as calling it a meet and greet is quite misleading. It's a show requiring extensive audience participation. That should be made clear ahead of time. Glad I saw this so I won't ever waste time on it. Just not up our family's alley at all.
Well, do they actually advertise it as a "meet and greet"? It's called Enchanted Tales with Belle, and all the concept art they showed has always illustrated storytelling in this type of setting. So I don't think they ever mislead people into thinking it was just a meet and greet. I imagine you'd be able to just meet with Belle at the new Fairytale Hall (or whatever it's going to be called, in place of snow whites ride) if you just wanted a quick meet and greet.
I admit, it's a little slow moving during the storytelling, but I think it is still cute for families of little ones.

azcavalier
09-04-2012, 09:07 AM

I don't know that i've seen this advertised as a meet and greet. Actually, from watching the video, my first thought was that this looks to be the next step in the evolution of the "Turtle Talk" or "Laugh Floor" attractions. Instead of interacting with a video screen controlled by someone in the back, guests interact with an -audio-animatronic figure. I could be wrong, and the wardrobe and Lumiere might only be pre-programmed, but that's not the way it looked to me. If they are interactive, that's pretty amazing stuff.

Melanie
09-04-2012, 09:16 AM
It's being advertised as an 'interactive meet 'n greet'.

BrerGnat
09-04-2012, 09:45 AM
It's being advertised as an 'interactive meet 'n greet'.

Eh...needs to be called what it is. A show, requiring audience participation. What happens if NO ONE in the room wants to participate? Then it becomes a bust.

I think when I heard there would be "storytelling" involved, it would be HEARING a story from either Belle herself (like, her reading a story from a book, since her character is such a bookworm) or having the animatronics tell stories about life in the castle, while people wait their turn to meet Belle. This is neither of those.

Dulcee
09-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Eh...needs to be called what it is. A show, requiring audience participation. What happens if NO ONE in the room wants to participate? Then it becomes a bust.

I think when I heard there would be "storytelling" involved, it would be HEARING a story from either Belle herself (like, her reading a story from a book, since her character is such a bookworm) or having the animatronics tell stories about life in the castle, while people wait their turn to meet Belle. This is neither of those.

Personally I think its such a fun idea. Watching or hearing a story is nice, having your kids become part of it? I think that's awesome.

AgentC
09-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I just watched the video. To me it is very similar to the old Story Time with Belle that used to be in the Fairy Tale Garden before it was replaced with Rapuzel and then Merida.

It is definitely cooler with the elaborate setting and the audio animatronics, but is pretty much the same idea - audience members are asked to participate in telling a story with Belle and then there is a meet and greet at the end.

We did the old version a couple of years ago. My son was picked to play Maurice which was a little scary for him, but they did have plenty of people volunteering for other rolls.

I think as long as it is described properly, it will be fine. Not for everyone, but for those who are into this type of experience it will be wonderful.

Butters
09-04-2012, 12:41 PM
I think the thing to remember is that this is not geared to please "us" the >30 crowd. Disney is definetly aiming for the youn teens and under and for that they hit the nail right on the head!!! I'm excited to watch my DD experience this.