PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining 2013

mitchsfan
09-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Hello Intercot~!

I booked my free dining trip to Disney for August 2011 in October 2010. I remember this because I booked it before a Phillies/Giants playoff game.

Last year I noticed that they did not offer free dining until later - February or March - I think.

Does anybody know a round about date to start looking for free dining for August 2013?

Are there offers for Disney Visa Card holders before the general public?

Thanks for any help!

Strmchsr
09-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Usually early April but that's always a huge IF on whether they offer it or not. They have been pulling back on the "free" dining offers.

barnaby
09-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Usually early April but that's always a huge IF on whether they offer it or not. They have been pulling back on the "free" dining offers.

Not sure if this means anything for next year's general offers, but I just returned and the bounceback for next year during the fall value season was free dining.

January-2007
09-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Not sure if this means anything for next year's general offers, but I just returned and the bounceback for next year during the fall value season was free dining.

Nice. We would love to have the Free QSDP for DS's birthday trip!

readytogo2
09-03-2012, 12:07 PM
any word on free dining earlier in 2013 ? feb or march?

Gator
09-03-2012, 12:23 PM
I remember this because I booked it before a Phillies/Giants playoff game.

Oh, yeah. That was the year the Giants went on to win the World Series - forever siliencing the Dodger fans. Well, maybe not forever.

They used to have the bounce back optoin for free dining if you booked for the following hurrican season. But that wasn't offered the last two years. Looks like it'll be a wait-in-line situation.

Strmchsr
09-03-2012, 12:26 PM
any word on free dining earlier in 2013 ? feb or march?

Usually not for those months. That begins the spring break season and discounts are a little harder to come by. They sometimes release something, but generally not "free" dining.

magicofdisney
09-03-2012, 01:23 PM
For the last 2 years I've booked a bounce-back offer for the following year's free dining while on my annual trip in September.

It's been my experience that offers outside bounce-back promos are first given to Disney Visa card holders about a week before the general public. As previously mentioned, the standard for Aug/Sept offerings is generally in the April/May time frame. It's been this way for about the last 6-7years.

darthmacho
09-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Yes,we just got back too, it killed me to have to pass up on that deal. Free dining and a different style trip would have made this work, but I know it will take two years to save for our next trip. I still almost pulled the trigger on their free dining offer for a moderate, Wilderness Lodge, or Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm making myself sad now. Sigh...:(

barnaby
09-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes,we just got back too, it killed me to have to pass up on that deal. Free dining and a different style trip would have made this work, but I know it will take two years to save for our next trip. I still almost pulled the trigger on their free dining offer for a moderate, Wilderness Lodge, or Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm making myself sad now. Sigh...:(

Only reason we booked was because it will be just my wife and I for our 10th anniversary and the cost will be low compared to a family trip. Even then I gotta start saving now.
We booked AS Music, never stayed there.

ransam
09-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Usually not for those months. That begins the spring break season and discounts are a little harder to come by. They sometimes release something, but generally not "free" dining.

For what it's worth, the last 2 years i've gone in early Feb, and we've always had free dining.

readytogo2
09-06-2012, 04:02 PM
For what it's worth, the last 2 years i've gone in early Feb, and we've always had free dining.

My DW and i were sure we had free dining a few yrs ago in feb thanks