PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West Labor Day weekend day 2

Christine
09-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm enjoying OKW, very laid back and yet loads to do. Right now I'm on my balcony enjoying my coffee. Busy busy busy. ;)

DD 12 is having some friends from school come over today to swim with her and "hang out". We actually added one to our reservation and she will spend he night (:secret: don't let the others know! I feel guilty I didn't spring for a 1-2 bedroom so they all could stay :( )

I made some little pool side treat bags for them - arcade cards, compact brush/mirror, ponytail bands, bath and body hand sanitizers) and have a cooler filled with PB&J crustables, bags of Chips, cookies, and Capri sun juicers. I packed DD's volleyball so they can play at the beach volleyball court, they can play shuffleboard, go to community hall, arcade, and swim all afternoon! I'm thinking I'll score some mom brownie points AND make it easy for DH and I to park it in a lounge chair and do NOTHING! Win win.

Then it's EMH at MK and crashing back here tonight! I will add pics to Twitter and Facebook throughout the day and evening. :mickey:

AgentC
09-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Sounds wonderful. Have a great day.

Dopey's Girl
09-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Sounds like a great day! :marg:

emerzmom
09-02-2012, 11:06 AM
What a great weekend!!!
:tink:
Julie

CanadianWDWFan
09-02-2012, 11:15 AM
We enjoyed our balcony at OKW as well, but I got to enjoy the golfers missing their approach shots to the island green.

Great plans for the day, I am :envy:!!

Christine
09-02-2012, 07:46 PM
What a day we have had! LOTS of sun and swimming And shuffleboard, bean bag toss , beach volleyball, I even let the girls rent a paddle boat from the marina. That was HILARIOUS!!! It's like those people who think surey bikes will be fun until their thighs and quadriceps catch on FIRE. Hahaha!!

We've enjoyed sipping cocktails poolside and are going to find a bite to eat soon then head to MK around 10...Heaven help us! Tomorrow we will sleep probably til 10:30 and throw our stuff in bags & walk out at 11. Then more pool time and go pick up the Hulk-puppy at the kennel. I'm missing him so!

I'll post pics tonight from MK on FB & twitter.
The Halloween decor is out and I LOVE it! Best time of the year IMHO

VWL Mom
09-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a great day, enjoy your night at MK :mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day... what fun for the girls!! Soooo happy to hear the Halloween stuff is out... :mpumpkin: Have fun tonight!! :coaster:

faline
09-02-2012, 08:25 PM
So jealous! Sounds like a fabulous way to spend a day of Labor Day weekend!!

January-2007
09-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Sounds like a very relaxing day at the pool, hope you have a great middle of the night adventure in the Magic Kingdom!

buzznwoodysmom
09-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Oh I love the way your day sounds. That's definitely my kind of WDW day. For us it isn't all about the parks anymore. We have as much fun at our resort some days. Love, love, love the Halloween decor! Hope you have a fun night in MK!

disneydeb
09-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Your weekend sounds awesome! I too am jealous!:D

princessgirls
09-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Great day Christine! Perfect IMO!

Julie:mickey: