PDA

View Full Version : America runs on Dunkin

Hull-onian
09-02-2012, 08:57 AM
If Walt Disney Resorts realized that America runs on Dunkin, they would have Dunkin Donuts coffee :mcoffee: in every resort. I missed my iced coffee and my friendly server from DD's.

Dulcee
09-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Eh, I'm a starbucks girl myself so I'm pretty excited about the coffee changes coming to the parks soon. The only thing I lament is that it won't be in the resorts as well. Personally I find Dunkin coffee watery and weak :sick:.

And ever since we moved from the North East to the south my fiance has become a Krispy Kreme coffee fan.

They'll never make everyone happy. ;)

Simba's Mom
09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Ever since we moved from the Northeast to the south, I still miss the Dunkin coffee and donuts. Although I must admit that I haven't tried Krispy Kreme coffee yet. I would just love to see Dunkin Donuts and their coffee at the resorts. OOn this last trip, I was so excited to finally find that there's a DD shop just past Hotel Blvd.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-02-2012, 02:02 PM
All of us Canadians (at least a lot of us) still hold out hope that someday there will be a Tim Horton's in the Canada pavillion!

MargaretMessler
09-02-2012, 03:32 PM
I prefer some things from Starbucks, some from Dunkin. Pretty cool that SB is coming to some park locations, but I just wish they would swap that nasty Nescafe for ANYTHING else in the resorts. :ack:

Mousemates
09-02-2012, 03:57 PM
And ever since we moved from the North East to the south my fiance has become a Krispy Kreme coffee fan.

They'll never make everyone happy. ;)

while the Krispy Creme coffee is pretty good, what I would prefer to see on my way in to the parks at opening time would be a red neon Hot Donuts sign glowing in window.

PETE FROM NYC
09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I prefer Dunkin over that burnt swamp mud known as Starbucks. Its not that I haven't tried Starbucks, but every time I do, it tastes like they burned it.

disneydeb
09-03-2012, 12:57 AM
If they would put in Keurigs everywhere, we could bring our faves!

MargaretMessler
09-03-2012, 03:30 AM

That would be AMAZING.

TinkerbellT421
09-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Love dunkin! But being a new englander in being in Rhode Island there is literally ten dunkin donuts in a one mile radius of my house lol. Tim hortons tried to open in RI but that lasted about a year before they all went bankrupt and closed down. Now if Maylou's was more than just a RI/Mass coffee shop that would be a huge hit.....mmmmm yummy!

big blue and hairy
09-03-2012, 11:24 AM

I agree. Unfortunatley, that doesn't appear to be happening. They just put Cuisinart pod machines in the rooms. I live in driving distance, so the pod goes in the closet and my Keurig comes with me! :D :coffee:

:sulley:

SBETigg
09-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I love Starbucks and Dunkin. Starbucks tastes stronger because it is-- it has 12 times the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee. That's their little way of getting you hooked and keeping you coming, provided you like the taste well enough. Dunkin is a lot more mellow by comparison, but I love it too. And in fact, I prefer the iced coffee at McDonald's. But I can't turn down Dunkin. I'm a New Englander.

disneydeb
09-03-2012, 01:01 PM
I agree. Unfortunatley, that doesn't appear to be happening. They just put Cuisinart pod machines in the rooms. I live in driving distance, so the pod goes in the closet and my Keurig comes with me! :D :coffee:

That's what I'm planning to do in November! Hot Chocolate and my favorite coffees!!!!
Grandkids will love the hot chocolate! ME TOO!!

brownie
09-03-2012, 02:07 PM
All of us Canadians (at least a lot of us) still hold out hope that someday there will be a Tim Horton's in the Canada pavillion!

Not just a Canadian thing; plenty of Tim Horton's around Metro Detroit! I'd take Tim Horton's over Dunkin Donuts or plain old Starbucks coffee any day.

Pop Centurion
09-03-2012, 05:25 PM
I love Starbucks and Dunkin. Starbucks tastes stronger because it is-- it has 12 times the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee. That's their little way of getting you hooked and keeping you coming, provided you like the taste well enough. Dunkin is a lot more mellow by comparison
Yeah but Dunkin must put some type of drug in theirs because when I drink it, I turn into a complete weirdo. I start laughing uncontrollably, talking to myself, and feel spazzed out. Hahahahaha. I was driving home one day & started cracking jokes to myself & laughing. People in cars next to me thought I was nuts. So I try to stay away from that stuff. I guess I should be more concerned that it does that to me.

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-03-2012, 08:51 PM

LOL...I thought my wife was the only one that brought her Keurig with her to WDW. :D

Ed
09-03-2012, 09:26 PM
LOL...I thought my wife was the only one that brought her Keurig with her to WDW. :D

She's not. :nono:

We have a small one-cup Keurig that we bring with us in our "DVC Box", along with a wide variety of K-cups. :coffee:

Elias1901
09-04-2012, 12:08 AM

Mmm... I loves me my Timmies! I'd love to see this happen, except I fear it would look slightly out of place.

Disneymom4ever
09-04-2012, 07:52 AM
I also bring my Keurig along. It's just so quick and easy first thing in the morning! As a matter of fact, the first time I ever saw one was when we were staying at Royal Pacific over at Universal years ago, before they became popular. They have them in all the rooms. I was so impressed, I remember telling everyone about these crazy coffee machines that make coffee in seconds!

Have to say I am excited about Starbucks coming to the parks though, it will be nice to have other alternatives than what's there now. It's a shame they aren't at the resorts as well, I think they would do great there!

darthmacho
09-04-2012, 02:45 PM
If Walt Disney Resorts realized that America runs on Dunkin, they would have Dunkin Donuts coffee :mcoffee: in every resort. I missed my iced coffee and my friendly server from DD's.

I prefer Green Mountain Coffee to Dunkin's, and prefer Dunkin's to Starbucks, but they are all better than what WDW offers currently, so I guess we can at least look forward to an upgrade, right?

joonyer
09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Almost anything called "coffee" would be an improvement over Nescafe, which is not really coffee. I like Dunkin Donuts' Coffee also, and wish they would put it in the resorts, at least the food courts. In the meantime, I bring my own special blend that I make at home.

sonamae80
09-04-2012, 03:03 PM
what i would prefer to see on my way in to the parks at opening time would be a red neon hot donuts sign glowing in window.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gator
09-04-2012, 03:55 PM
While they're at it, why not just have some actual DD donuts at the food court. That would be a big hit with me and my family.

disneymom2000
09-05-2012, 08:17 AM
I love Dunkin's filled donuts but will take a donut hot off the rack from anywhere pretty much. I'm not a donut person, but you can't beat a hot donut. We have Round Rock donuts here where I live and people rave about them. They are a little larger than most donuts and they are yellow. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-05-2012, 09:42 AM
I love Dunkin's filled donuts but will take a donut hot off the rack from anywhere pretty much. I'm not a donut person, but you can't beat a hot donut. We have Round Rock donuts here where I live and people rave about them. They are a little larger than most donuts and they are yellow. :thumbsup:

I saw them on a Food Network show! But I didn't get there to try them when I was in Round Rock to visit my best friend. I'll have to return. I did see the round rock. :)

cer
09-05-2012, 01:32 PM
We have Round Rock donuts here where I live and people rave about them. They are a little larger than most donuts and they are yellow. :thumbsup:

Just thought I'd say "Hi!" to a fellow neighbor. I work in Round Rock (live in Leander).

Back in the day when I was less concerned about my caloric intake...(those were some yummy times :thumbsup:)...used to head over to Round Rock Donuts on my lunch hour and pick up a sack of donut holes. Love me some Round Rock Donuts! :)

TikiGoddess
09-12-2012, 06:48 AM
I am totally addicted to fresh brewed iced tea. I stop at Dunkin every morning on my way to work. :blush:

When on vacation I have to make do with that Gold Peak brand... But at least table service restaurants have fresh brewed.

It would be interesting to see how many people would stay at a value resort if they placed a full service Dunkin' by the food court.

Kathy

Melanie
09-12-2012, 07:00 AM
KK all the way!!! :thumbsup:

Just because I grew up with KK and definitely not DD, I'd prefer that. Not even sure I knew what DD was until my 20s.

But that said, I think the coffee situation is improving at WDW. The new Cuisinart pods are nice, and just knowing Starbucks is (hopefully) on it's way makes me happy.

sportsguy2315
09-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Almost anything called "coffee" would be an improvement over Nescafe, which is not really coffee.

Interestingly, when I worked QSFB, this was the #1 complaint was how bad the coffee was. I'm not a coffee drinker (I personally drink V8 Fusion with Energy or tea), but Disney going with Nescafe, they can do better (Thus the Starbucks deal).

CzepielCrew
09-13-2012, 10:07 AM
What kind of coffee makers are in the Art of Animation resort suites?

Can we bring Duncan from home?

Another East Coast Duncan drinker :)

Angelgirl65
09-13-2012, 10:45 AM
I think they do realize and that's why they won't. They would lose money to DD.

AmandaChan
09-17-2012, 10:08 AM
I prefer Mcdonalds coffee oddly enough over any other coffee. But I guess Mcdonalds is out of the question these days.

figgie
09-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Not a big coffee drinker but love DD iced decaf coffee. I, too, find Starbucks a little too strong and with a burnt taste to it. As for donuts, well, we are a gluten free family so are very happy that Babycakes has come to DD. Was there Sunday morning before taking DH to the airport where we had "safe", yummy, gluten free donuts! :cloud9:

big blue and hairy
09-18-2012, 07:09 PM
I prefer Mcdonalds coffee oddly enough over any other coffee. But I guess Mcdonalds is out of the question these days.

Actually a few years back McDonalds came out with new coffee and it's pretty good! If you stay at AS, CSR or AKL, you'll be close to a Mickey D's.

TinkerbellT421
09-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Not to hijack, but doesn't McDonalds use Green Mountain coffee? If so, you can purchase that at any super armed or even online if you really like it :mickey:

AmandaChan
09-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Actually a few years back McDonalds came out with new coffee and it's pretty good! If you stay at AS, CSR or AKL, you'll be close to a Mickey D's.

Thanks! they changed the coffee? I thought it had always been the same. I do love their coffee and always have. Sooo much better than Starbucks.