PDA

View Full Version : feb cheerleading week???

nfrustaci
09-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Was wondering when the cheerleading week was in feb 2013 if anyone knows. was planning on taking the family there feb 9-16. i am ok with it being a little chilly. I actually hate to be hot. but we used to go in jan and while we loved it the past 5 years or so it has rained alot during that month and starting going in oct - nov. but since we havent been at all this year (big shock for us since we have been going every year for 12 years) was hoping to scoot away early next year to give me my disney fix. lol. thanks everyone, I just love this site !!!! :mickey:

Itchy
09-02-2012, 03:53 AM
If I remember correctly it is the week before Vallentines day. To be sure I would go to the WDW web site and look for events. I would think you may find the information there.

Happy Planning...:mickey:

VWL Mom
09-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Cheer and Dance Events can be found here (http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/sports/cheer/)

nfrustaci
09-02-2012, 10:17 AM
thanks, looks like the safe bet is feb 23 - mar 2nd. they will be arriving again on the 2nd. I have experienced this cheer thing and they are pretty loud young ladies, and unfortunately a little rude when they are not with an adult. Disney here we come again !!!

mom2morgan
09-02-2012, 10:54 AM
thanks, looks like the safe bet is feb 23 - mar 2nd. they will be arriving again on the 2nd. I have experienced this cheer thing and they are pretty loud young ladies, and unfortunately a little rude when they are not with an adult. Disney here we come again !!!

Yes - I haven't encountered "rude" behaviour, but they do tend to crowd the pools - and I'm not always up to listening to cheer offs during breakfast, LOL I realize I don't come to Disney for the peace and quiet, but there are limits to what my frazzled nerves can take.

Gator
09-02-2012, 12:29 PM
I know it's usually the first full week of February. They take over entire resorts and can make life miserable. When they hit the parks, they hit it in swarms. You should be ok with your dates.

buzznwoodysmom
09-02-2012, 01:31 PM
We are planning to be in WDW for a week starting on Feb. 9th. We can't change our dates. Our kids are off of school for Mardi Gras that week,and my oldest son's birthday is on the 11th.

What resorts should we avoid? We haven't yet decided on a resort. We were going to try to go on the cheap side (probably a moderate), since we'll be back again for Thanksgiving 2013, but now I'm wondering if it's worth paying more so we aren't sharing a resort with all these cheerleaders. Any known resorts we should definitely avoid? We weren't planning to stay at a value resort anyway, but do the they invade the moderate resorts as well?