PDA

View Full Version : Park tickets

GINNY69
09-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Hello I have just booked a vacation for november and I got the 5 day base tickets. I am only going for 4 nights and 5 days. I was curious if I go to AKL during the day and then in the evening go to Hollywood Studios. I think if I do this I will use 2 days of tickets. The last day I did not plan on going to the parks considering we have an early afternoon flight back. I know I can get a 4 day but we are only talking a $13.00 difference in price..

faline
09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately, you are not allowed to do that. You can only go to more than one park on the same day if you purchase the park hopper option. You can return as many times as you want to the first park you enter in a day with your non-park-hopper tickets but can't use a second day to enter a different park on the same day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-01-2012, 07:58 PM
In addition to what Faline said, you can't choose to use another day to enter the 2nd park, when you scan your ticket the turnstyle won't turn and the CM will give you the option of going to Guest Services to add the park hopping, or to go back to the park you were already at.

wdwfansince75
09-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Surprised how often this comes up....A non-hopper can only be used for a single park each day...once it is used at any park, the use is recorded, and that ticket cannot be used at any other park that day. It can be used in the first use park for re-entry for the rest of that day, but any other park will reject it.
I suggest you call Disney, and ask to change your ticket to a four day ticket, saving the $13 for a day you don't plan to use...actually, you can also change it at check in, although that will delay the process...

Again, Disney rewards longer stay by allowing extra days for only a small add on...and carefully ensures that you cannot use their incentive for longer stays to get around the cost of a park hopper. Personally, the lower costs for days 4 and beyond are important to us...and we can decide whether to do multiple parks on the same day, to justify the cost of the hopper. Makes great sense to me that Disney would not let you do for $13 what they charge other guests $55 to do.