PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West Labor Day weekend day 1

Christine
09-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Staying at OKW today thru Monday. It is our next to last wdw resort to conquer (we still lack GF but are waiting Til we can on points).

Got checked in around 1 -later than I like but DD had lacrosse practice this morning and I went ahead and got my run in. Then checked the puppy (my 4 pound 4 month old Maltese "Hulk)" into the Best Friends boarding facility by Riverside. I cried. I admit it.

I went to check in - an elderly CM named Peggy who I just thought would be precious looked at me with a completely stern face and said "yes!?"
I said I am checking in and she says "do you have a photo ID?"
Welcome home my foot, right? :D:ill:

Got to the room and the door is hard to open and close all the way. Called maintenance and they said to "slam it real hard, it'll close". The neighbors will LOVE us when we come in tomorrow from 2am EMH at MK! :confused:

Oh well. Our room was ready right opposite the hospitality house. The room is HUGE! Like!!! :thumbsup:
It's on the 3rd floor and there are no elevators. Dislike. DH was t happy bringing our cooler up 3 flights of stairs. (we brought my jimmy buffet margaritaville machine and fixins- when in Rome, right? ;) )
We headed downtown to see the new Phineas and Ferb and You- pretty cute. Each person gets a little story with P&F characters and a still pic at the end. There's a cm that creates it based on how many and who is going up. A nice little distraction and you can see your pic online with a little card they give you.

Had a sandwich at Earl and are now headed back to the resort to swim and see about those booze in the blender! ;)

We have friends in from outta town and DH will take some of them back to celebration to go fishing. The rest of us will stay at OkW and relax.

I'm putting pics on ICOT's twitter and Facebook pages, so take a peek of you like. :)

I'm digging the jimmy buffet, steel drum, and bob marley background music. :marg: is calling my name!

Dopey's Girl
09-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Fun (aside from Peggy and the door)!

Off to stalk the FB and Twitter feed!

January-2007
09-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Aren't the rooms just huge? Love that. We stayed in a two bedroom when I was just out of high school and it was simply marvelous. Hope you have a great time at Magic Kingdom tomorrow!

VWL Mom
09-02-2012, 08:13 AM
A woman that travels with her own margarita machine :marg:, now that's all the comforts of home! Maybe you should slip one to Peggy.

Dsnygirl
09-02-2012, 08:27 AM
A woman that travels with her own margarita machine :marg:, now that's all the comforts of home! Maybe you should slip one to Peggy.

:thumbsup: LOL!!

Sounds like a fun first day/evening... even w/ Grouchy Peggy. I'm sorry, but there is something just wrong about being grouchy in those kinds of surroundings.... esp when those surroundings are at Disney!! :( I volunteer to take her place!! :D

Hope you enjoyed your :marg:... seemed a perfect antidote....

Christine
09-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Hahahaha! THAT is funny!! :thumbsup:
DH was laughing because as I was packing I have this one little overnight bag with bathing suits and a tooth brush, and this HUGE box and cooler of my :marg: paraphernalia ! :D

But does one really need anything else?!

CanadianWDWFan
09-02-2012, 11:11 AM
You should have rented a crane to get that monstrosity of a margarita maker up to your room!:D Poor DH!

We love OKW, it is our second favourite resort. For us it really feels like we are away on a vacation where we can really relax and enjoy our down time. We were surprised at the size of the rooms there, they are simply impressive.

faline
09-02-2012, 08:21 PM
We stayed at Old Key West late last fall (okay it was just shy of the official start of winter by a few days) and really enjoyed all the space that the resort offered.

Will be interested in hearing all your thoughts on this resort!!

buzznwoodysmom
09-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Ohhh, I've been eyeing those maragaritaville machines!!!!

Your packing list sounds about right!! LOL!

We stayed in a studio at OKW last December. They are by far the largest studios we've stayed in. We really enjoyed OKW, even tho we were just there for one night. We loved the pool area and music. The drinks and apps at the bar near the pool were also great! I might consider staying for longer once we've stayed everywhere else.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your weekend. Did I ever tell you how insanely jealous I get when I read about your little weekend getaways here and there????? Hahaha.

mgmnut
09-06-2012, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Christine;2297609]I went to check in - an elderly CM named Peggy who I just thought would be precious looked at me with a completely stern face and said "yes!?"
I said I am checking in and she says "do you have a photo ID?"
Welcome home my foot, right? :D:ill:QUOTE]

HaHaHa!! :funny:

Peggy checked us in a week ago last Sun and as luck would have it, checked us out this past Sun.

It was not like she is rude or anything, just to the point and very straight faced. Does she even say "Welcome Home" when you walk in, I don't think I recall it?

I think I saw her try to smile at one point, but it quickly went away.

I can say none of it affected our stay a bit. We loved the resort

Christine
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Bless Peggy's heart!

No it didn't leave a mark on our stay either.

Kairi_7378
09-07-2012, 08:44 PM

I'm catching up on Intercot posts... and this is the funniest thing I've read all day :thumbsup:

princessgirls
09-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Peggy...oh my! Not a magical CM!!!

A girl after my own heart with the :marg:

Enjoy! Cheers!!!

Julie:mickey: