PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Woods view

GINNY69
09-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Has anyone stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and had the woods view. I chose that room because I did not want a parking lot view and I thought it would be quieter and away from the pool area.

Plus I think it gives it more of the feel of the lodge being in the wooded area..

Strmchsr
09-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Did that last trip. Very nice view. It's definitely away from the main hustle and bustle, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how much walking you want to do.

buzznwoodysmom
09-01-2012, 10:53 AM
We had a lovely woods view once. We were on the side of the lodge facing MK. Through the trees we could see the monorail and some of the fireworks from MK. This was years ago, back in 2007, I think. From what I've read the trees have grown since then and I'm not sure you can really see any of what we saw anymore. But it was still a nice, quiet place to be if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle.

BugeyedMuggy
09-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Our DD is going on her honeymoon and is using DVC points. She also loved the woods view. Are there any studios with a woods view. We only saw standard view when booking.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-01-2012, 01:56 PM
We had woods view in December. It was actually a woods/water view and we could see MK fireworks at night from our balcony.

RedSoxFan
09-01-2012, 02:16 PM
We had a woods view also. We had the WL Villas/pool off to the side. Very nice and better than a parking lot!!

Gator
09-01-2012, 02:40 PM
You can't go wrong with woods view if you want the true WL experience.

waymickey
09-11-2012, 12:48 PM
We have alwyas have a view of the WL villas and pool when we stay at WL. I love this view but always wondered what can be seen on the other side. I heard there is an otter pond? is this true? I thought about asking for that side when we go next.

Pally
09-11-2012, 02:09 PM
We had the woodsview facing MK. I actually asked for this side requesting 4th floor. My husband loves fireworks. We could watch at that time (2006) the fireworks each night.

Another plus was being close to Roaring Forks deirctly below and close to elvators.

The only negative I have about this view was the noise from the ferry until they stopped running at night. This was actually quite bothersome to me. But, I can be sensative to noise. :mickey:

Mousemates
09-11-2012, 05:10 PM
AT WL we actually prefer a woods view....the courtyard view is nice, but can be noisy depending upon where you are and if you are high up or down low.

Brer_Fox
09-11-2012, 05:52 PM
We have alwyas have a view of the WL villas and pool when we stay at WL. I love this view but always wondered what can be seen on the other side. I heard there is an otter pond? is this true? I thought about asking for that side when we go next.

Yes... the woods view rooms that faces the magic kingdom have a small pond. The last time I was down there was several cute otters living there.

We always request a Woods View room when we stay at WL usually on the bottom floor. Closer to the ducks, otters and other critters. Never had issues with noise, you can hear the horns from the boats but I can even hear them in the main lobby so I am sure that you will get that noise in other room locations as well. From the 4th floor you can see the fireworks at night.

Lindsey310
09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Stayed in the villas facing the woods in march 2012. We had a first floor which I didn't like. Other than that, it was very very peaceful and quiet. :mickey:

waymickey
09-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes... the woods view rooms that faces the magic kingdom have a small pond. The last time I was down there was several cute otters living there.

Wow otters actually live there? We are planning our next trip and I think I may request that side of the building.