PDA

View Full Version : Disney Date Booking? Help?

Elias1901
09-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Hello all,

Just doing some planning for my Disneyland vacation next year and was curious about a few date questions.

- How far in advance is Disney able to reserve your Disneyland hotel rooms via a Disneyland Vacation Package with park tickets included?
- What is the maximum amount of days out you can place a reservation for Disney Dining?
- I know the Fantasmic! Dessert Package requires to be booked 60 days out... but what day would you be allowed to call in the reservation? The 60th day or the 61st day (one day following)?

One side question I also have is about Toontown Morning Madness as well as Magic Mornings. While staying at the Disneyland Hotel, how many Magic Mornings do you get? Only one? Or everyday it is offered? And what is the deal with Toontown Morning Madness? Is that included in your hotel stay as well, or is that separate? Some information on that would be awesome!

Thanks all! :mickey:

tinkwest
09-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Regarding your side questions:

First of all keep in mind that this is how the Early Admission works now. By next year things may change.

When staying at any Disneyland Resort Hotel you may enter and enjoy select attractions at either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure one hour before the Parks open to the general public each day of your stay. As a general rule the scheduling allows admission into Disneyland on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and DCA on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you book your stay (either at a Resort hotel or a Good Neighbor hotel) online through the Walt Disney Travel Company which includes either a 3-day or longer theme park ticket or a Southern California CityPass you may enter Mickey's Toontown one hour early - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday - on one day during your stay.

Elias1901
09-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Regarding your side questions:

First of all keep in mind that this is how the Early Admission works now. By next year things may change.

When staying at any Disneyland Resort Hotel you may enter and enjoy select attractions at either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure one hour before the Parks open to the general public each day of your stay. As a general rule the scheduling allows admission into Disneyland on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and DCA on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you book your stay (either at a Resort hotel or a Good Neighbor hotel) online through the Walt Disney Travel Company which includes either a 3-day or longer theme park ticket or a Southern California CityPass you may enter Mickey's Toontown one hour early - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday - on one day during your stay.

Oh, awesome info! We'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel for 6 nights, so it sounds like with our 5-Day Park Hopper, we'll be able to enjoy the benefits of these early access days fully! What do they specifically do for Toontown Morning Madness?

Elias1901
09-19-2012, 07:08 AM
- How far in advance is Disney able to reserve your Disneyland hotel rooms via a Disneyland Vacation Package with park tickets included?
- What is the maximum amount of days out you can place a reservation for Disney Dining?
- I know the Fantasmic! Dessert Package requires to be booked 60 days out... but what day would you be allowed to call in the reservation? The 60th day or the 61st day (one day following)?

Does anybody have any answers for these questions? Also, I think I may be wrong about the 60 days out for the Fanasmic! Dessert Package, I think I heard it was 30 instead. Is this correct? Also a few more questions, if I may:

- How many months in advance should you typically book flights?
- How many months in advance should you purchase and set-up to get a rental car?
- How many months in advance should you book your hotel rooms (general hotel room booking, we're staying at the Sheraton Universal City and Marriott Anaheim before moving to the DLH)?

tinkwest
09-19-2012, 10:11 AM
You are correct . . . Fantasmic! dessert/viewing reservations are not taken until 30 days prior to the date you have chosen.

Disney Dining is 60 days prior. Rainforest Cafe is one dining venue that does not take reservations via Disney Dining. You need to call them direct.

Summer and Holidays may be exceptions, but as a general rule you do not need to panic too much about reservations. If you have table service restaurants you MUST visit, by all means make your reservations at the 60 day window. But if you change your mind it should be an easy fix to add another restaurant later on. DD and I just contacted Disney Dining and easily secured tables at both Carthay Circle Theater Restaurant and Blue Bayou just 14 days prior.

Elias1901
09-19-2012, 10:28 PM
You are correct . . . Fantasmic! dessert/viewing reservations are not taken until 30 days prior to the date you have chosen.

Disney Dining is 60 days prior. Rainforest Cafe is one dining venue that does not take reservations via Disney Dining. You need to call them direct.

Summer and Holidays may be exceptions, but as a general rule you do not need to panic too much about reservations. If you have table service restaurants you MUST visit, by all means make your reservations at the 60 day window. But if you change your mind it should be an easy fix to add another restaurant later on. DD and I just contacted Disney Dining and easily secured tables at both Carthay Circle Theater Restaurant and Blue Bayou just 14 days prior.

Thanks for the help!

Elias1901
04-25-2013, 11:41 AM
I am thinking of booking the "Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps" tour... how many days in advance are required for tour bookings?

BrerGnat
04-25-2013, 12:39 PM
I am thinking of booking the "Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps" tour... how many days in advance are required for tour bookings?

It depends on what day you want to do it. Friday-Sunday are VERY busy days at Disneyland Park every week. You can walk up and book tours same day, subject to availability.

I would recommend calling somewhere between 15-30 days prior to.

Elias1901
04-25-2013, 12:55 PM
It depends on what day you want to do it. Friday-Sunday are VERY busy days at Disneyland Park every week. You can walk up and book tours same day, subject to availability.

I would recommend calling somewhere between 15-30 days prior to.

Well, it is certainly a good thing that we are only at the theme parks of the Disneyland Resort starting on a Monday and ending on a Friday, avoiding Saturday and Sunday (our trip is in August of this year). What days of the week are least busy as far as attendance/wait times go?

And as for calling in reservations... does that mean that they will start taking bookings 30 days out? What is the first available day you'd be able to call in and make a tour booking?

Also, as far as other bookings go... let us say for example, Dining. If it opens for reservations 60 days in advance, does that mean you'd have to book 59 days in advance (60 days out, not including the day you want to book for) Or is it 60 days out including the booking date?

Elias1901
04-26-2013, 12:15 PM
And as for calling in reservations... does that mean that they will start taking bookings 30 days out? What is the first available day you'd be able to call in and make a tour booking?

Also, as far as other bookings go... let us say for example, Dining. If it opens for reservations 60 days in advance, does that mean you'd have to book 59 days in advance (60 days out, not including the day you want to book for) Or is it 60 days out including the booking date?

Does anybody have an answer for this? :confused: