PDA

View Full Version : Best Tour any park? Youth Education?

Zoe
08-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if all of you WDW experts could weight in on the best tour for us? My son will be 8 at the time of our visit, but is an avid science nut while still maintaining all that is 8. Many of the tours that peeked my interest were labeled for beyond his years. DH loves special effects, especially makeup in the movies before CGI took over and has also been fascinated with how Disney makes the guest's experience so seamless with their underground tunnels. Any advice is much appreciated! Finally has anyone participated in the Disney Youth Education offerings? Since my DS will be playing hookey during our trip, these also were of interest. Thanks in advance for any advice :mickey:

faline
08-31-2012, 07:55 PM
How about the Wild Africa Trek?? Behind the Seeds Tour? The Living Seas Aqua Tour?? Any of these would seem to fit the bill for an 8 year old.

Even when we did some of the other tours, I haven't seen any that focus on special effects or makeup. I saw such a show at Universal - don't know if they still do it.

kakn7294
09-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Behind the seed is great! Very educational but fun at the same time. My daughters both loved it.

GAN
09-05-2012, 09:41 PM
My daughter and her friend(15) just did the Making Waves class at the Living Seas and they enjoyed it quite a bit -they thought all the behind the scenes stuff was really cool. The best part for us we the reduced priced tickets, 8-day PH for around $200 each for all 4 of us. Definitely a win-win situation!