PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 29th to Dec 4th, 2012 trip. How are the parks during that week?

Alpha Jeanie
08-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Planning a trip to Disney World on Nov. 29th through December 4th. How are the crowds during that week?
The only big event I see going on during that time frame is Pop Warner Cheer & Dance Competetion. I don't see any type of schedule for them posted yet. The dates for Pop Warner are Nov. 30th to Dec. 8th. Is there any way to avoid the hundreds of cheer leaders and parents that will be there for that event?

faline
08-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Where are you staying? Pop Warner has a larger impact on the resorts where they stay than they do at the parks. When we've been there during Pop Warner, we've occasionally seen groups traveling together in the parks who are probably there as part of the Pop Warner group but they have not impacted our visit at all.

I would expect moderate crowds during that time frame. Also realize that Disney films the Christmas parade the first weekend in December and that makes it difficult to get up and down Main Street.

Gator
09-01-2012, 02:53 PM
We'll be there the exact same time! I've been there twice during Pop Warner week. There's a bit of a rise in crowds there - especially the MK during that week. They don't have much time to hit the parks, so when they do, it's to the park everyone wants to go visit which of course is MK.

All I can advise is that if you see a large cheer group heading to an attraction, don't follow them or try to beat them in. That is unless you like hearing cheers for your entire stand-by.