PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Laundry room?

Gator
08-31-2012, 11:33 AM
OK, so someone asking about AoA piqued my curiosity about POFQ laundry area. We'll be there for 10 nights, so we'll probably need to do some laundry at some point. Was wondering where it's at (if it exists) and how much it costs for each use of the washer/dryer.

Nascfan
08-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Just a helpful FYI, all the resorts have guest laundry facilities.

POFQ's is by the pool, on the side away from the river, between buildings 2 and 5.
How much it costs per load, I'm afraid I can't help there. We usually just take a roll of quarters in our luggage and that's always been more than sufficient.

EeyoresBestFriend
08-31-2012, 12:50 PM
It's $2.00 each for the washer and dryer. Wash cycle is 30 mins and about 30 to 60 mins to dry depending on how full the load is. Like the previous poster noted ~ it is between the hot tub and pool with the entrance from the building 5 side.

mydisneygirls
08-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Do they sell laundry detergent?

EeyoresBestFriend
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Yes - but it was really expensive. Something like $6.00 for a single load box.

I bring down those laundry detergent sheets in a ziploc bag( i think mine were Purex 3-1). They have the detergent and the fabric softener all on one sheet and REALLY easy to pack. I usually bring my own Bounce sheets though as I find that they still get a bit of static. :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Something like $6.00 for a single load box.

It seems that expensive, doesn't it?

The small, single-load boxes in the laundry room are $1 - $1.50 each. There are could be "bigger" boxes in the gift shop, I've never really looked.

To be honest, we usually just buy soap there, since we're too lazy to bring sheets or something, but this year we've gotten a zillion free Tide pods samples, so I'm thinking we'll just bring those with us.

In total, if you buy soap, it ends up being about $5 for each load.

Hull-onian
09-02-2012, 08:46 AM
We just got back from POFQ. We used the laundry room twice. :laundry: I went at 6:00 a.m. to do my wash. As previously stated, it is $2.00 for wash and $2.00 for dry. They have a coin machine that takes $1.00 bills and five dollar bills. I brought my own laundry detergent and fabric softner dryer sheets. You can also use your own Tide Pods, they travel well. It worked great and we had clean clothes. The laundry room is steps away from the food court so I went over there and had :mcoffee: breakfast. I guess I multi tasked and didn't realize it.

nfrustaci
09-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I also pack the sheet soap and do the laundry. we usually go for 8 days and i pack for 4 and do laundry mid week, we are a family of 3 so we only use 1 washing machine, i do not seperate the laundry on vacation just dump it all in and use cold water. i am up earlier then my dh and ds so i put the stuff in and go get a cup of coffee the cafeteria is open by 6am. so just about an hour and then it is all done.

mom2morgan
09-03-2012, 07:03 PM
I do ours while we're at the pool - I just pop in to the laundry room which is steps away to change things over. Very convenient! The only things that drive me nuts are that one running of the dryer is NEVER enough, and in my experience, the change machines rarely work.

mydisneygirls
09-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Thank you all! I didn't know they sold sheets that have the detergent and fabic softener in one! I will definitely bring those (I won't have a car this year and I was wondering how I would get a bottle of detergent in my suitcase without exploding)!!! We are going for 13 days so I don't want to bring a lot of clothes.