PDA

View Full Version : My ADRs What do you think?

Harkleroad
08-30-2012, 10:14 PM
We'll be in WDW at the end of Sept. and I have all of our ADRs planned. Since we have not left the house for three days (Thanks alot Issac) I have started to question (ok obsess) about our plans. We are on the dining plan and I feel like it is so much food but my husband loves it. We'll be there with our two sons 3 and 6. What do you think? Suggestions for counter service meals are welcome too.
Sat - Arrival with dinner at Kona
Sun- MK with dinner at Chef Mickey
Mon - HS with early dinner at Mama Melrose's Fantasmic package
Tues - AK open meals
Wed - AK with dinner at Ohana's
Thurs - Epcot with lunch at Arkersush then MNSSHP
Fri- Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table
Sat - Downtown then departure
* My boys thinks the princesses are wonderful but do you think Arkersush and CRT are too much?
Thanks for your input.

disneykidsince1970
08-31-2012, 03:22 AM
hi! embrace the time to obsess! :) I totally do the same thing...whenever I am feeling a little down...I think about my next Disney trip ..."what haven't I planned yet?" :secret:

I think your ADRs sound good - only 1/day makes good sense to me (this is our guide when planning as well). I also think dinners make sense for young kids b/c no matter what happens with the day - no matter how "spontaneous" you might want to be able to be....kids gotta eat and young ones are used to eating at the same time so..better to plan for that I think.

My 5 yr old enjoyed CRT a lot... he liked getting kisses from the princesses and b/c he has a 7 yr old sister that he is very close to, he knows the princesses and is happy to go along. I don't know that he would have done 2 though. ?? I haven't done Akerhause so cannot comment on a preference. Too bad they don't have a "pirate" version - Hook, Peter Pan, Jake, etc.

I agree the Dining Plan is so much food but if your hubby likes it and it helps put everyone in the right mood.... why not! :D

Pirate Granny
08-31-2012, 08:00 AM
I would consider switching out CRT for two other buffets. Perhaps garden grill or 1900 Park Fare for breakfast...mad hatter...fun... If we didn't have DGD we would not go CRT. But we did have the deluxe dining plan for ONE night (our stay at BLT before going to OKW) so it worked out to have Chef Mickey, CRT, snacks for breakfast, and the refillable mug at the pool for two days. We do like Akerhaus...much better priced than CRT, and alcohol for the daddys.

buzznwoodysmom
08-31-2012, 10:12 AM
I would switch out one of the princess meals if it were my family. I have two boys who would not have been very happy with two princess meals, even at those young ages, but maybe that's not a big deal to your little guys.

At AK I would recommend Yac and Yeti. We've eaten here several times and have enjoyed all our meals.

I think the dining plan is too much food as well, and when the boys and I travel to WDW without DH we don't purchase it. For some reason DH enjoys being on the dining plan. One of his favorite parts of our Disney trips is trying new restaurants, and he likes that everything is paid upfront.

Tigerinvestigator
08-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Others beat me to it but I would also change Akershus to Garden Grill. No way we ever miss GG and the character interaction is much better than Chef Mickeys. The food is really good and the atmosphere with the revolving floor and views of Living with the Land boatride make it a great place for families!:thumbsup:

Everything else looks really good though. Unless your boys really want to see the princesses I would change that one.

Gator
08-31-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm the opposite of those who just posted above me. Do NOT go to Garden Grill instead of Akershus. The food at Akershus is far above that of the Garden Grill.

I'd say your ADRs look pretty good. But you didn't mention that you had any girls. Two princess meals for boys might be a bit too much. The lunch at the Castle could be swapped for some pretty good meals elsewhere. Maybe you can take those 2 TS credits and turn one meal into Liberty Tree Tavern, and then do Donald's Lunch Safari over at AK. The food is good, and the boys can get to chill with some non-princess characters. Plus, the Safari lunch usually has openings for ADRs.

Brer_Fox
08-31-2012, 12:29 PM
No I do not think it is too much food at all. I have read a few things (blogs, books, etc) that Disney actual makes money from people who do not use all of the Dinning Plan credits... so make sure you use them up.

Part of the Disney magic for my wife and I is eating at Disney. We do pick a lot of signature places, however. But basically we determine the places we want to eat and build our entire itinerary around where we are eating that day.

I would say that if you have not experienced CRT then I would hold on to that reservation. Even though its a bit tight in the castle it is definitely worth experiencing.

I have never been a big fan of Akershus but do plan to revisit it again. A suggestion might be Biergarten. Its German food but it is a buffet style. They put on an Oktoberfest type show with musicians and even encourage people eating to join in on the fun if you like.

Harkleroad
09-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. We try new places each trip and the only two repeats are Chef Mickey's and Ohanas (husbands must to). I am having some digestion issues and prefer not to use the credits on buffets I can't eat so I went ahead and changed Mickey's to the Grand Floridian Cafe. At least I can to go the leftovers at regular meals. I hear the burger is awesome. CRT is our final meal and is more for the experience. I am still up in the air about Arkursush and may try the Garden Grill if anything comes available. Thanks again.