PDA

View Full Version : How Do we Tell the Kids?

DisneyFr33k
08-30-2012, 02:26 PM
This is not the post on how to tell the kids we are all going to WDW. How do we tell the kids we are going (DH and I -- for our 20th anniversary), but they aren't?

I fear sleeping at night......

WDWFanatic
08-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Too funny. My DH and I did this just last year. We had a great trip and it was really nice being on our own schedule. I think our kids took it well because we planned on taking them in April so they had that to look forward to. :party:

Have a great trip!

mook3y
08-30-2012, 03:23 PM
I fear sleeping at night......

:funny:

Oh man...

Maybe don't tell them! :secret:

Just tell them your taking a surprise trip and don't let them know where until you get home.

AllDisney
08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Tell them you are going to WDW for adult time. :thumbsup:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-30-2012, 03:57 PM
We did that in 2009 for our 20th. We just told the kids that we were going to Disney and they weren't. That we loved them, but that we needed a vacation just the two of us and were decided to do so at Disney for our anniversary.

They did great - we went during the school year so they couldn't have gone with us. My inlaws came and helped out.

minnie04
08-30-2012, 04:41 PM
:jaw: I can hear it now... "THAT'S NOT FAIR" :humph: "WHY CAN'T WE GO TOO"!! :humph:"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO THERE WITHOUT US":pout: ...'OH MAN THAT'S NOT GOING TO BE FUN FOR YOU GUYS" :sad:

To that I answer :vacation:

Just tell them you are going to celebrate 20 years AS A COUPLE!! have a wonderful time. by the way how old are they??

DisneyFr33k
08-31-2012, 01:01 PM
:jaw: I can hear it now... "THAT'S NOT FAIR" :humph: "WHY CAN'T WE GO TOO"!! :humph:"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO THERE WITHOUT US":pout: ...'OH MAN THAT'S NOT GOING TO BE FUN FOR YOU GUYS" :sad:

To that I answer :vacation:

Just tell them you are going to celebrate 20 years AS A COUPLE!! have a wonderful time. by the way how old are they??

Thanks! They are 13 and 15. Old enough to "deal with it"! :thumbsup:

brownie
08-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Just tell them, they'll get over it (eventually).

We have one who could care less and another who would deal with it but would be disappointed. We've spent a day at Disney World without them this year and went a couple times for long weekends when they were younger. It just makes their next trip all that more special if they have to wait. ;)

DisneyFr33k
08-31-2012, 02:03 PM
It just makes their next trip all that more special if they have to wait. ;)

They'll have to wait a year and a half before they get to go with us again. Our last trip as a family of 4 before our oldest goes off to college. :(

Elias1901
08-31-2012, 03:04 PM
HAH! Good luck with this endeavor! You'll never hear the end of it! :sick:

minnie04
08-31-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm going to go home and tell my kids (20,16 & 8) just for the heck of it. That DH and I are going to plan a trip alone. Just to see the reaction and here the comments. :rotfl: :funny: :funny:

figgie
08-31-2012, 03:41 PM
We kept our Grandson while my son and daughter-in-law spent their anniversary at the Polly. They had gone there for their honeymoon along with a Disney cruise. What we didn't tell them was....we took our Dear GrandSon for some time there also. We didn't run into them at all but I guess I can't help with your situation, one day at MK made their 4 days at Disney a non issue for DGS!

DisneyFr33k
09-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok, we told them. Our 13 year old didn't care -- or pretended to not care. Our 15 year old said she might forgive us.... might....

So, I'll sleep with one eye open until the trip is over! ;)