PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race Season 21

Melanie
08-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Bios are up on cbs.com.

From People.com

The Amazing Race is back!

On Sept. 30, 11 teams will start a journey around the world with hopes of clenching the CBS show's largest prize ever: $2 million.

So, who will be racing?

Season 21's teams include twin sisters from Sri Lanka; a pair of musically-inclined Chippendales dancers; and married Monster Truck racers.

There's also a heavy metal rocker from the band Megadeath; goat farmers (and stars of The Fabulous Beekman Boys, Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge); a competitive lumberjack and a double amputee.

"At 19, my life took a detour when I got bacterial meningitis and lost both my legs below the knees," says Amy Purdy, 32, who is a motivational speaker and snowboarder, in a preview of the season (watch below). "I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go on and compete in snowboarding and travel and do all the stuff that I love to do. But with a lot of hard work and creativity ... I've been able to go on and become one of the highest ranked adaptive snowboarders in the world."

"They come from different walks of life," host Phil Keoghan says in the video. "But they share one thing in common – they want to win."

But getting the $2 million prize won't be easy: The team that wins the first leg of the season must win the final leg of the Race to get $2 million rather than the usual $1 million grand prize.

According to a press release from CBS, "Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they'll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia, working as 'rat collectors' in Bangladesh and revisiting one of the Race's most infamous Roadblocks in the Netherlands in this season's Switchback."

MNNHFLTX
08-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Can't wait! Sunday evenings just aren't the same without TAR (thanks for getting Dave and I hooked on it, Mel!)

tinkwest
08-29-2012, 09:51 PM
:high5: :yay:

Disneymom4ever
08-30-2012, 07:02 AM
So exciting, can't wait for it to start!! Thanks Mel. :mickey:

Melanie
08-30-2012, 08:50 AM
The mix of couples this season is really interesting. I think it's going to be a good one! :thumbsup:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Interesting. I had heard about the $2M prize earlier, but it was without the detail that it was essentially a $1M prize with a $1M bonus that if the team that finishes first in leg #1 ends up winning the Race, they get the extra million (for a total of $2M) but if anyone else wins it reverts back to the standard $1M prize.

I guess that would provide extra incentive. I wonder if the team that wins the first leg will still earn the Express Pass, or if that is gone this season. They will have to (or should) rethink the first leg now. More often than not the way leg #1 is set up, only about half the teams have a legitimate shot at taking first that leg, as usually they take multiple flights out of the US, and if you don't get Flight #1, you have little or no chance of finishing first (unless the first flight gets delayed). So hopefully leg #1 is equalize more so that all teams can really fight for the first slot.

It will be interesting to see what the Switchback is. The first time they brought this back it was a redo of Season 6 roadblock in Sweden where Lena(Kristy) got eliminated after Kristy(?) rolled hay bales for 8 hours and couldn't find the clue.
Haven't heard what this one will be.

Can't wait to hear those sweet words "The world is waiting...travel safe....go!!"

Melanie
08-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm not so sure I'd want to win the first leg, as then the other teams would probably be gunning for you the rest of the race.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-30-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm not so sure I'd want to win the first leg, as then the other teams would probably be gunning for you the rest of the race.

Maybe, but I think having the Express Pack in your back pocket would make you a bigger target than the potential that you could win an extra $1M. While teams can at times impact what other teams do, its usually minimal in the overall sense, other than yields and uturns.

I'd be more worried that if I was the team that had the extra incentive that I'd maybe race differently, or more scared because of the extra $1M and then screw end up screwing it up.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm surprised nobody has commented yet on the new season, especially now that the 2nd leg has aired.

My immediate impression thus far is that I'm not really liking any specific team, yet. When teams were introduced at the start of the first leg, not too many of the back stories really connected much with me. There are three or four teams that I might end up liking but its still too early.

I did like the rockers James & Abba, thought they might be my favorite team, but they may have few too many fried brain cells to win this thing, nothing really seems to light a fire under them thus far.

Trey & Lexi are probably early favorites to win it, but uber jock and cheerleader don't really connect with me, but I think they'll grow on me if they can stay in it.

Nadia and Natalyia are so annoying with their constant chatter, but underneath all that hyped up on Red Bull personality, they seem detail oriented, so I think they could go far.

The Chippendales and Abbie/Ryan I want to dislike, but so far they are ok, but I'm not optomistic that they can make it to the end.

Gary/Wil - I always like the underdogs, but I found these guys hard to like after the first leg, and almost impossible to like after the 2nd. I don't know that they'll be around long enough to care too much about.

The first couple of legs have been somewhat uneventful from a challenge standpoint but it was nice to see that the Express Pass is still in the game, albeit not awarded until the 2nd leg.

Next week should be good, you have one team that can win $2M, another with the Express Pass, and now the double u-turn makes its earliest appearance ever next week. Looks like it should get interesting.

So not a bad start to the season, not spectacular, but not bad either. Eventually hopefully I'll find a team to cheer for and one to cheer against. Right now, don't have either.

dobby2010
10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I was rooting for Amy and her partner, can't remember his name. She just seems like an amazing person and felt a little bad about them bein passed up at the very end of the leg (though stupid idea to give the clue location away). I felt so bad for them this week with taxi from hell. I had them pegged to go far. Agree with everything else you've said. Will have to see what happens in the next few legs.

MNNHFLTX
10-08-2012, 04:33 PM
What is unusual for me about this season of TAR is the lack of teams to dislike at this point, at least for me. Probably the only one that came close was Rob and Sheila (he's the boss, has taken over planning their wedding, "hope he finds me a cute dress!") and they were gone after the first leg. I can see that Natalie and Nadiya might rub some people the wrong way, but I like how enthusiastic they are and they remind of a couple of people that I work with. Now, Will was driving me a little crazy during the balloon-making fiasco, he's just a bit too frantic for me, but both he and Gary seem like nice guys. We are rooting for Trey and Lexi here, for the Texas connection obviously. :)

TheDuckRocks
10-09-2012, 12:56 PM
I think the race has been very interest so far and really too early to have a favorite. This has been the first time in a long time that right off the bat is there a team that I really can't stand. Pre-viewing I thought it could be the Chippendale guys but so far I am finding them very nice, oh yeah, and easy on the eyes. By the next show I may very well be wanting them gone.

MNNHFLTX
10-09-2012, 01:34 PM
I think the race has been very interest so far and really too early to have a favorite. This has been the first time in a long time that right off the bat is there a team that I really can't stand. Pre-viewing I thought it could be the Chippendale guys but so far I am finding them very nice, oh yeah, and easy on the eyes. By the next show I may very well be wanting them gone.
Which team don't you care for?

TheDuckRocks
10-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Which team don't you care for?

Oops, my bad, I forgot to enter the word not. I do not have a team that I dislike so far. I usually have one that instantly makes me furious. Time will tell, I'm sure someone will start being a whiner or picking on their partner or giving out misinformation or just being a completely rotten person in general before it's all over.

MNNHFLTX
10-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Okay, just when I decided that I was starting to despise Caitlin and Brittany, they're gone. Yay! They were starting to remind me of Jaime and Cara from a few seasons ago.

TheDuckRocks
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
I was very glad to see Caitlin and Brittany lose it in the end. So sad to hear that it was everyone elses fault for their going home. The point when I was completely done with them was when whichever dingbat made the remark about the pedicab driver not using English. I bet a smile and a nice manner would have gotten them much further than the shouting at people did.

Melanie
10-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Every year, EVERY year, I'm amazed by the one couple who gets angry when the locals don't speak English (in a non-English speaking country). Blows. My. Mind.

Oh, and the snorting. :rolleyes:

tinkwest
10-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Okay, just when I decided that I was starting to despise Caitlin and Brittany, they're gone. Yay! They were starting to remind me of Jaime and Cara from a few seasons ago.

My thoughts exactly. Yelling and screaming is not pretty, girls. I couldn't believe my good luck when the team I decided I couldn't stand was actually eliminated. Usually I have to put with them for at least several weeks.

PirateLover
10-22-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm happy that the "super fans" are gone. They were starting to get on my nerves. I liked this week's episode. Being the super fans that they are you could tell they were expecting a non-elimination leg because they didn't look that disappointed at first, and then they were shocked when Phil said they were eliminated. The challenges were difficult, and they had to read the clue carefully to get it right for the pit stop. It's not as fun to watch when everything is straightforward and easy. I like the twins and the metal guys. I can see how the twins could start to get on your nerves, but I love their high energy and motivation.

Ian
10-22-2012, 11:11 PM
OMG the twins are annoying me so badly! If that one calls the other one "twinny" one more time I'm gonna :ack:!!! I want them GONE!

I like the Chippendales and the rockers. I think they both seem to work well together and be the type that really enjoys the experiences of the race. Those are the teams I tend to pull for.

I was glad to see the superfans gone, too. They didn't really seem like a very good team at all ... in fact more than once I got the feeling they didn't even like each other very much. :confused:

PirateLover
10-23-2012, 01:08 PM
I was glad to see the superfans gone, too. They didn't really seem like a very good team at all ... in fact more than once I got the feeling they didn't even like each other very much. :confused:

Agreed, Gary always seemed to be frustrated and annoyed by Will. I have a feeling they were workplace friends who had watercooler chats about the race, but they probably never hung out much outside of work.

As I said before I can totally get how the twins would annoy you. They annoyed me more the first episode but now I like them! I think the Chippendales are too nice. I know it's an awkward situation to say "no" and you don't want to burn bridges, but what did they get out of showing Abbie and Ryan with the clue when theirs got messed up? Those tips were stupid!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Agreed, Gary always seemed to be frustrated and annoyed by Will. I have a feeling they were workplace friends who had watercooler chats about the race, but they probably never hung out much outside of work.

As I said before I can totally get how the twins would annoy you. They annoyed me more the first episode but now I like them! I think the Chippendales are too nice. I know it's an awkward situation to say "no" and you don't want to burn bridges, but what did they get out of showing Abbie and Ryan with the clue when theirs got messed up? Those tips were stupid!

According to a post race interview, Gary and Will have been trying to get on for 8 or more seasons, so they are probably a bit more than casual acquaintances. I think they summed it up best, its a lot harder than it looks on tv, especially the communication. Gary in particular came off much better than the curmudgeon he seemed on tv. They really did seem to enjoy the experience and the locals.

My prediction is that the 3rd time will be the charm for the Monster Truck drivers. They keep misreading clues and having to redo things, plus, what's with wheeling luggage around. Why would anyone who's seen the show think that this was an effective way of navigating locals like Bangladesh?

Trey and Lexie are slowly growing on me a bit, the twins are annoying as all get out, but with the Express Pass, they'll be around for a while. I still don't really have a team at this point that I'm cheering for to win, James and Abba maybe, but I don't see them winning. There isn't really any team, yet, that I totally dislike.

I thought it was a great episode, and like Gary and Will, the leg totally had non-elimination feel to it, so I was surprised, but not disappointed, that it was elimination.

PirateLover
10-24-2012, 02:43 PM
According to a post race interview, Gary and Will have been trying to get on for 8 or more seasons, so they are probably a bit more than casual acquaintances. I think they summed it up best, its a lot harder than it looks on tv, especially the communication. Gary in particular came off much better than the curmudgeon he seemed on tv. They really did seem to enjoy the experience and the locals.

You're right. I knew they tried to get on for a long time, but I was thinking if they formed a friendship through the workplace they may not actually go out and DO stuff together, however they actually met in college and have known each other for 30 years so they are probably as close as you can get!

I agree team monster truck needs to go next...

Granny Jill A
10-24-2012, 03:34 PM
I agree that the "twinny" remark is a major irritation. Teams have to be careful not to let others know what irritates them.

I like the rockers (wish I had their hair), and the married truckers are OK.

I celebrated when the Super Fans got the boot.

MNNHFLTX
11-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Really. Really?? It's acceptable for a team to knowngly take another team's money and suffer no consequences at the end? Is this the same show that penalized the Globetrotters for accidentally taking another team's backpack? I am totally disgusted by the Sri Lanka twins, the Texans and the show's producers.

tinkwest
11-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Really. Really?? It's acceptable for a team to knowngly take another team's money and suffer no consequences at the end? Is this the same show that penalized the Globetrotters for accidentally taking another team's backpack? I am totally disgusted by the Sri Lanka twins, the Texans and the show's producers.

:ditto:

I couldn't believe it wasn't even mentioned at the pit stop. Those Twinnies gotta go!

TheDuckRocks
11-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Ok, this has been probably the most shocking event in any reality show I have ever seen. The Twinnies :ack: steal the money of another team, then split it with the Texans to keep them quite and what happens to them? The Texans come in first at the pit stop and win a trip to Australia and it is not even mentioned in passing by Phil to either team.
Way to go, Phil and the other producers, what a wonderful way to undermine every parent who has taught their child that if find something and you don't return it, you are stealing!!!

Melanie
11-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Agreed! This was appalling. I actually tweeted to Phil last night that these were times I wish there were a reunion show so these things could be addressed. Haven't been a fan of Texas (saw those horns off!) from the beginning. I can't stand her "yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh'. :ack: And the twins? Annoying to the highest levels.

dobby2010
11-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Completely agree! I was shocked Phil didn't mention anything to the twins! Can't stand them. Couldn't believe when they also said "no more nice girls" on the mat. Cause stealing another teams money is what nice girls would do! Though part of me likes having a little bit of drama and a villain to dislike. Makes the show more interesting.

PirateLover
11-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm in agreement with everyone else. I think it was disgusting that they took that money. It's not like they randomly found it somewhere or the team who lost it was long gone. They were all still in the travel agency and they knew exactly who it belonged to. But kudos to Abba and James, who managed to get the money from the people of Bangladesh and ended up coming in ahead of the twins (But alas, not Texas). At this point Team Rockers and Team Chippendales are the only ones I'm rooting for. Neutral on the Beekman boys but I can't see them going the whole way.

MNNHFLTX
11-05-2012, 06:47 PM
But kudos to Abba and James, who managed to get the money from the people of Bangladesh and ended up coming in ahead of the twins (But alas, not Texas). And Abba and James actually had the grace to feel bad about taking the money when there are so many poor people on the streets. I have a feeling they would have given it back two-fold, if they could have.

It was a small consolation to see the Twins getting lambasted on their FB page this morning. Their popularity rating took a huge nose-dive.

JanetMegan
11-13-2012, 09:18 AM
A to be continued? I hate that, I sure hope the long haired guys find their stuff and can get back in...

tinkwest
11-13-2012, 11:17 AM
A to be continued? I hate that, I sure hope the long haired guys find their stuff and can get back in...

And if you're going to have a "to be continued" episode, please don't show highlights of next week that include some of the contestants that have not yet reached the pit stop this week.

PirateLover
11-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Linda you are so right. In the previews we saw both Beekman boys and Team Ego (as another site I read has dubbed Abbie and Ryan) competing in the upcoming challenges. There was no sign of "Long hair don't care" but if it's a non-elim they could've edited them out for the suspense. Don't have my hopes up for it but I would be pleased if they managed to stay in it.
All in all it was a bummer of an episode with the alliance of despair and then the Rockers losing their stuff!!

MNNHFLTX
11-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Linda you are so right. In the previews we saw both Beekman boys and Team Ego (as another site I read has dubbed Abbie and Ryan) competing in the upcoming challenges. There was no sign of "Long hair don't care" but if it's a non-elim they could've edited them out for the suspense. Don't have my hopes up for it but I would be pleased if they managed to stay in it.
All in all it was a bummer of an episode with the alliance of despair and then the Rockers losing their stuff!!"Alliance of despair"--what a good way of putting it. I admired Abbie and Ryan sticking with their alliance, but I almost thought the Beekman Boys should have told them to go on ahead at that point.

As for Abba and James, I have conflicting feelings. Part of me would like to see them go on, but part of me feels they don't deserve it for losing both their money and their passports.

Honestly, my opinion of the Twins and Texas has been totally tainted at this point by the stealing thing. My husband doesn't think Texas actually took the "hush" money from the Twins, but I'm sure they did, didn't they? I am still really disgusted that the show let that slide.

dobby2010
11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
I agree about team long hair. Have they not watched the race before? Never ever leave your money and passports anywhere! To me, they just don't deserve to stay for that alone. Also agree about twins/Texas. Just can't root for them after last week. So badly wish there was a reunion show so we could see the gossip on that one!

PirateLover
11-14-2012, 01:05 AM
I do agree that they made a stupid rookie mistake, but I find them the least offensive of who is left (Except the bland Beekman Boys) so for that reason I want them to stay.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Well, I didn't really see them making them it past top 5 anyway, so I wasn't overly sad, much less surprised, to see the Rockers get eliminated. They were a likable team, but frankly without having use that fast forward a couple legs back, not sure they would have made it this far anyway.

This was certainly a quick leg, whether it was altered (shortened) somewhat because of the two last place teams I don't know, but it was pitstart, roadblock, detour and pitstop, nothing else.

Unless there is a major bunching at a task opening, or long waits for flights, I just don't see Josh/Brent catching up. The Twins were shown checking in with Phil before Josh/Brent were even released, so they have to be 14 hours or so behind, with Abbie and Ryan at least 10-11 hours behind. Anythings possible I guess, Kynt & Vyksen caught up from further back, but that took a double leg as I recall plus a uturn to save them.

Next week could be another non-suspense leg.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
FYI - 2 hour finale for this seasons Amazing Race is scheduled to air 12/9. My assumption:

11/25 - 5th place team eliminated
12/2 - non elimination
12/9 - 4th place team eliminated, final 3 race to finish.

Only variation I could see is if next weeks leg turns into a double leg, which would then have an elimination on the 2nd instead of 25th.

Melanie
11-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Oy, just wanted to shake those Beekman Boys. So glad they finally decided or realized SOMEONE would have to step on the mat first. After all, Abby and Ryan WERE going to U-Turn Josh and Brent if they had the chance.

Chippendales all the way!! Go Jaymes and James. :cheer:

TheDuckRocks
11-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Oh, boo hoo! :ack:Another couple who doesn't admit to the fact of their own actions being the reason they are going home. Good bye, Abby and Ryan. It was nice to see you get what you were planning to do to someone else.

Go Jaymes! Go James! The longer they are in this thing the more I like them.

luvdiznee
11-26-2012, 12:42 PM
I was disappointed to see Abby & Ryan eliminated...And more disappointed to see those annoying twins still there...:sick:

tinkwest
11-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh, boo hoo! :ack:Another couple who doesn't admit to the fact of their own actions being the reason they are going home. Good bye, Abby and Ryan. It was nice to see you get what you were planning to do to someone else.

Go Jaymes! Go James! The longer they are in this thing the more I like them.

:exactly:

JanetMegan
12-04-2012, 09:02 AM
So the goat farmers (who how on earth did I miss that they have a tv show on Cooking Network?) Not that I want to watch it but still. And why are they called the Beekmans? This is something I should Google-anyways...I have sort of wanted them gone since day one, but part of me can't help but root for them in some small way. They are just so...helpless?

That being said I am pulling for Jaymes and James and by the way isn't Jaymes like amazingly attractive? In a sort of fake, Ken and Barbie kind of way? Like in a Magic Mike way? (makes sense I know) but he's just so...perfect? Not my type but still it's...like when he smiles little sparkles should come off him. I wonder if he will end up with some acting type gigs after this?

Finally I was a little surprised it was non-elim going into the finals but I do think the twins deserve to be in the finals so I guess I am glad. I loved it when the one dropped the wrench, it hit the ground, then she says..."watch out." rotflol.

TheDuckRocks
12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
That being said I am pulling for Jaymes and James and by the way isn't Jaymes like amazingly attractive? In a sort of fake, Ken and Barbie kind of way? Like in a Magic Mike way? (makes sense I know) but he's just so...perfect? Not my type but still it's...like when he smiles little sparkles should come off him. I wonder if he will end up with some acting type gigs after this?

So happy that I'm not the only one who thinks Jaymes is cute. It's seems pretty tacky for a 69 year old grandma to have a major crush on a 20 something Chippendale dancer, but I sort of do. Not only is he easy on the eyes over the course of the race I have really been impressed with his attitute and good manners. Always the "please" and "Thanks yous" come so easily to him. It looks like somebody raised the boy right. Put him on TV and I'll be tuning in.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Finally I was a little surprised it was non-elim going into the finals but I do think the twins deserve to be in the finals so I guess I am glad. I loved it when the one dropped the wrench, it hit the ground, then she says..."watch out." rotflol.

Almost every season going into the final 3 week the prior week is almost always non-elimination. Two weeks ago when they announced that the finale was going to be a 2 hour episode again on 12/9 it basically left 3 legs to get rid of two teams, so you knew either last weeks leg or this last one pretty much had to be non-elim. Even watching the Twins hit the mat, I had the sense they knew it was non-elim before Phil told them.

I was actually in WDW for 10 days, so missed the last two legs, just caught up last night when we got home. Was glad to see J&J actually play the game and use the double u-turn. I have mixed feelings on Abby and Ryans elimination. I didn't really like or dislike them, but they had one heck of a run of bad luck, then for the other teams to strategically gang up on them, well it was a rough elimination.

Personally I think they should keep it a blind u-turn, that way when Trey and Lexie showed up, they wouldn't know which team did the u-turn, they'd have to guess.

Assuming the Beakman boys are eliminated next, the final 3 should be pretty competitive. Trey and Lexie are kind of a poor man's (less likable) version of Kris and Jon from season 6, I just can't really feel the love with them. Twins annoy the heck out of me, so I guess I'm rooting for the aw shucks J&J, although an upset win for the Beakman boys would be interesting.

tinkwest
12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
...like when he smiles little sparkles should come off him....

I had to laugh out loud at this description of Jaymes. It is just perfect!

Oh, why couldn't the "twinnies" be gone! :fit:
So annoying.

MNNHFLTX
12-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Count me in as another Jaymes and James fan. And not because they are easy on the eyes--no, that's not why at all. ;) Seriously, they play good game, don't snipe at each other and haven't "appropriated" another team's money and excused it by saying it is "found money". :nono:

Melanie
12-05-2012, 06:54 AM
I love Jaymes and James too! I hope they pull it out. Jaymes may have a bit of a naughty past (nothing too terrible), but we'll forgive him. ;)

Other than that, the Beekman's are the only other team I'd want to see win, but I don't think they deserve it. Trey and Lexi remind me nothing of Kris and Jon (one of my top 3 TAR couples ever!) and she is annoying as they come. Doesn't help they are 'tea sippers' (Gig 'em Aggies!). lol!

The twins, while they are good at the race, I don't want them to win, as they've played 'dirty'. Not cheating, I know, but I still consider it dirty play.

luvdiznee
12-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Not the ending I expected, but better than expected. :secret:

Melanie
12-10-2012, 08:36 AM
I was quite pleased how it turned out, although I wish 1 and 2 would have switched. Karma is a really funny thing. LOL!

luvdiznee
12-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Yep, karma...:D

TheDuckRocks
12-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I was very disappointed in Jaymes and James not taking the time to really look at what was in front of them. Wasn't it the first or second leg when them had such a hard time not seeing the lady with the abacus (sp?) when they went right past her a half dozen times or so? I would have thought they would have learned. Of course in the excitement of being that close to winning staying focused would have been hard.
I'm pleased for the boys though and J & J coming in second over the other 2 teams.

MNNHFLTX
12-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Seeing the Twins knocked out of the final three made my night. That said, I was totally shocked that the Beekman Boys were first to the finish line--I thought they were playing tricks with the editing to make it look like they had a shot at it over Jaymes and James! But that's okay. As either Josh or Brent said last night, although they hadn't won a leg on the race up to that point, winning the final leg is the only one that really counts. :thumbsup:

tinkwest
12-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Seeing the Twins knocked out of the final three made my night. ...

A cheer went up in our house when they were eliminated. Finally! They were so rude.

The end was exciting when the boys came running in. I was happy for them. Although he was gracious as always, I did see a look of disappointment on Jaymes' face and I felt a little sorry for him knowing how he wanted the money for his dad.

It was nice to have a winner that wasn't obvious from the beginning for a change.

JanetMegan
12-11-2012, 08:44 AM
I was shocked when the Beekmans crossed the line first but in the end they had been growing on me and I think they deserved it. Those twins were so mean to them in the last couple legs-I mean ugly mean. Bummed for Jaymes and James but I do think their "stock" in Vegas has gone up a good bit. I hope they get a lot of good from the exposure.

TheDuckRocks
12-12-2012, 12:34 AM
I saw Jaymes the other evening on the new TLC reality show about Las Vegas, he was MCing a charity fund raiser in his Chippendale outfit. Must have been filmed sometime in the summer.
For any of you that are wondering about the show, once again TV has found a new low.

MNNHFLTX
12-12-2012, 08:27 AM
I saw Jaymes the other evening on the new TLC reality show about Las Vegas, he was MCing a charity fund raiser in his Chippendale outfit. Must have been filmed sometime in the summer.
For any of you that are wondering about the show, once again TV has found a new low.
Lower than "Here Comes Honey-Boo-Boo"? ;)

TheDuckRocks
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Lower than "Here Comes Honey-Boo-Boo"? ;)

OK, maybe a push.:D