PDA

View Full Version : In praise of Bay Lake Tower

Mom on a Mission
08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi all,
We were in BLT 8/17 - 24. I'm still smiling about the experience. We were looking for a bit more space as DD and DS are now 16 and 14 and really full-sized people. So with the idea that our other choice was two moderate rooms -- we splurged on a one bedroom suite -- WORTH EVERY PENNY!! We are NOT DVC members and just booked the suite as a regular hotel room. We had daily mousekeeping and they replenished dishwashing detergent, coffee, paper towels, etc every day in addition to the typical towel & toiletry refresh. We ordered a grocery delivery for breakfast food and really lived like kings for a week. The room was HUGE. Tons of space, and for once a suitable amount of STORAGE. And best of all: Washer & Dryer in the unit: Heaven in the hot & humid weather. I would highly suggest anyone looking for a bit of extra space consider this option. The room comfortably sleeps 5 due to a pull out couch AND chair. And plenty of space to haul out the porto-crib too. Oh -- and TWO FULL BATHROOMS!! You could certainly fit a family of 6 with young kids. Stay here -- you will LOVE it!! :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
08-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Hey Mom, stop giving away my secret place.
We are DVC folks, and had a 1 BR on our last trip, which was our first DVC trip.
Just DW and me, we also loved the place. We had a lake view over the tennis court.

Nineteen more sleeps til we return.

Aurora
08-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Having two bathrooms for us was like a gift -- we have only one bathroom in our house!

My 16-year-old loved BLT so much she wants to decorate her room the same way. :mickey:

faline
08-29-2012, 06:26 PM
One of the best perks for us in staying in one-bedrooms is the in-room washer and dryer. I just wish they had included them in the studios as well!

jnfr2424
08-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey Mom!
We did the same thing stayed at BLT the first year it opened for Thanksgiving. First of all we had paid for a studio and was pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a 1br Lake View but you could still see MK. DH and I fell asleep on the couch watching the lights on the Castle from the window/balcony. We had family staying at other resorts but we let our nieces stay with us on the pull out. I left the tickets for MVMCP in the room and with a 20 minute walk I was able to get them(and pass our family brick along the way) Loved it so much we brought into DVC on Thanksgiving Day!!!