PDA

View Full Version : Travel Time between hotel question

MikeJake
08-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Using Magical Express transportation, how much time should you allow for when traveling from your base hotel (PO Riverside) to the Contemporary or Polynesian when you have to go through MK to get the monorail?

How about PO-R to Fort Wilderness through Hollywood Studios?

Thanks for the help.

Gator
08-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Well, you have to wait for a MK bus to come, and then there's the long trip to MK for PO. That could be 20-40 minutes right there. Than you have to line up and board the monorail before it takes you to your destination. Another 20 minutes. So at least 40 minutes, and probably an hour since MK buses seem to be the slowest to get to any resort.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Using Magical Express transportation, how much time should you allow for when traveling from your base hotel (PO Riverside) to the Contemporary or Polynesian when you have to go through MK to get the monorail?

How about PO-R to Fort Wilderness through Hollywood Studios?

Thanks for the help.

For the Contemporary, it would probably be quickest just to walk over from MK, and then you don't have to factor in getting to or waiting for the monorail.

For POR to Fort Wilderness, do you have to go through DHS? Again, it would probably be easiest to go through MK, where you can take the boat over to Fort Wilderness. FW is also quite close to POR, so a taxi wouldn't be too expensive if you're looking to save time.

If it is a breakfast at the Poly, sometimes the driver in the morning will slip you over, otherwise give yourself an hour to get to the MK, then over and onto the monorail and into the Poly.

MargaretMessler
08-28-2012, 06:12 PM
I would say an hour is fairly safe (that is, from when you step onto the bus, factor in time waiting for the bus as extra). And I second the PP who suggested walking to Contemporary and forgoing the monorail. It's a 5 minute walk tops, as I have stayed there once previous.

faline
08-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Just to clear up any confusion - Magical Express is the bus service that takes you to your resort from Orlando International Airport and back from your resort to Orlando International Airport at the end of your trip. This service is provided by a company called Mears. Once you arrive at Disney World, you no longer use Magical Express Service to get from location to location during your trip. Instead, you use Disney's transporation system.

Whenever I travel from my resort to another resort via Disney transportation, I typically allow an hour from point a to point b. Usually I arrive a bit early but I've had a few instances in which I barely made my scheduled arrival time and once a late arrival.

Janmac
08-28-2012, 08:13 PM
We also allow an hour for resort to resort transportation, most of the time. If we're eating supper at a resort in the MK area when there's a hard ticket event at MK, 90 minutes is more like. (Altho I have tried not to schedule that poorly again)

From POR to Poly through MK, depending on the time of day, I'd probably take the launch (boat) from MK that goes to Grand Floridian first and then to the Poly. At certain times of the day, the monorail can be very slow loading. From MK, you'd have two stops, either with the monorail or the boat. If I were going to the Contemporary, I'd probably walk.

Unless you have some compelling reason to go DHS before going to Wilderness Lodge, I'd go again to MK. We like the boat to MK but it might be faster to take the bus to Wilderness Lodge.

If you really need to get there quickly, or perhaps it's pouring down rain, a taxi is quick and dry. From POR to 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) our taxi fare was $12 I think and we tipped $5. Had to wait about five minutes for the taxi to arrive after asking Bell Services to call for one.

We would have taken the bus to MK and then the boat, but it was pouring down rain.

Jan

MikeJake
08-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for all the great information, as always, much appreciated.