PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Buses

gaffz70
08-28-2012, 10:48 AM
We just returned from a week stay at The BC. Loved the atmosphere there, especially the outside - the pool, the beach, the boardwalk etc. The one reason I may choose another resort next time was because of the buses. I don't know if it is always like this or if they downsized because the crowds were down. We shared a bus with Yacht, swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk. The buses were crazy crowded and The BC was always the last stop on the way home. It just seemed like it took much longer than any other resort we have stayed at. We even waited more than 30 minutes at parks for a bus to come - only to find they were full and had to wait for another. I saw 3 AOA buses go by before ours came

Does anyone know if it is always like this?

faline
08-28-2012, 11:01 AM
We stayed at the Beach Club in May. We found the busses to be crowded a couple of times (standing room only) but for the most part, the bus service wasn't bad at all. It does take a bit longer to make multiple stops but never thought much about it as many/most resorts share busses now or have multiple stops within the same resort.

BrerGnat
08-28-2012, 11:03 AM
We have had great bus experiences at Beach Club, while it has been awful at the Wilderness Lodge.

The buses would never stop me from staying at a particular resort, because it varies so widely from resort to resort. The bus service at WDW is typically, consistently, INCONSISTENT.

We loved having our own car on property last week for a couple days, but the drive down killed us. We may be renting a car in the future so we can have more flexibility in getting around.

SBETigg
08-28-2012, 11:19 AM
My experience with the Beach Club buses was up and down, but not bad overall. I've had better experience with other resorts, but they're all fairly unpredictable.

floridamom
08-28-2012, 06:59 PM
In April BC shared buses w/YC, BWI, Swan, and Dolphin and it took a LONG time just to pick up everyone before you were even on the road to MK, AK, DTD etc. We learned to drive to those places. Same with CR, Poly and GF sharing buses when we stayed at BLT in July. It's great to be on the monorail line for MK and Epcot, but we drove our car everywhere else.

TinkerbellT421
08-28-2012, 09:32 PM
In January that is always the same loop they do for the buses. Very few times in January are they ever crowded and usually it's at the end or beginning of EMH and park closing, but another time the buses are pretty comfortable crowd wise.