PDA

View Full Version : theme parks not to miss restaurants

Zeike
08-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi to all....we have our vacation set for dec17-23...were making adr and wondering which restaurants at the theme parks we should do and any particular food we should try....thanks all for your opinions....:mickey:

Gator
08-27-2012, 08:12 PM
This late in the game, you may have trouble getting those really special ADRs. But there are some places that usually have good food and aren't as hard to get into.

At MK, try Liberty Tree Tavern. The food is like a good'ol Thanksgiving day meal.

At Epcot, Teppen Edo has great steaks and seafood, with the entertaining cooking right in front of you. Biergarten has good, not great food, but the entertainment and ambience is great.

At DHS, Mama's Melrose has really good Italian food.

At AK, you can't go wrong with Flame Tree BBQ. But if you must have a sit down table service, Rainforest Cafe is right outside the park. It's not on the DDP, but the food there is good and the ambience may be the best at WDW.

AllDisney
08-27-2012, 08:14 PM
DHS - Brown Derby - awesome steak

Epcot - So many places that we like but will go with Chefs de France. We love everything on the menu.

MK - Not much there that is really mouth watering. See if you can get ADR's at Be Our Guest.

AK - Yak & Yeti is just okay, but perhaps someone other people will have their choices.

Have a great time:number1:

Tigerinvestigator
08-28-2012, 11:18 AM
At Epcot WE NEVER MISS Garden Grill! We also almost never miss Coral Reef and San Angel Inn. There are alot of others we like but we seldom miss these three when we go.

At MK we don't have any Don't Miss places but really like Tony's, Crystal Palace for Dinner, Pecos Bill's, and Pinnochios.

At DHS also no Don't Miss but really like the atmosphere at 50's Primetime, Sci-fi Drive in, and we almost never miss Backlot Express our favorite counter service at DHS.

At AK we almost never miss Yak and Yeti. We also like Flametree BBQ.

Our other big NEVER MISS is Ohana at the Poly!

jnfr2424
08-30-2012, 05:31 AM
Rainforest Cafe is right outside the park. It's not on the DDP, but the food there is good and the ambience may be the best at WDW.

Rainforest Cafe is included on the dining plan as a TS

Kplaster
08-30-2012, 09:29 AM
We are visiting the magical world of disney dec 13-23 and I made my reservations on the first available day and just from playing around now I can tell you there aren't many options left. Especially the closer to christmas as the amount of traffic at the parks increases. However, this is my list of restaurants i'd try to get:

MK: Cinderella's castle preferably around firework time.

DHS: Brown Derby (my personal favorite) also the little bakery beside it is AMAZING!

Epcot: It's hard to go wrong at any of these restaurants. This is were we eat most of our dinners.

Animal Kingdom: We have only ever had Rainforest Cafe and we go back for sentimental reasons.

hope this helps

#1donaldfan
08-30-2012, 12:23 PM
MK = Liberty Tree, Tony's for ADR's
CS = Peco's Bills, Casey's Corner
AK = Yak n Yeti
CS = Flametree, Pizzafari
EC = Coral Reef, Japanese, Via Napoli
CS = Yorkshire Fish Shoppe
HS = Sci Fi

Just to name a few, sure I missed some of my favorites......:confused::cool:

hauntedmansiongirl
09-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Our favourites are:

Epcot- Coral Reef (love the aquarium view during dinne), Les Chefs de France (great food and atmosphere), Le Cellier

DHS- 50s Prime Time Cafe (so much fun and great fried chicken and milkshakes), Sci Fi Dine In (how much fun is it to sit in a car and eat!)

We have never eaten at a sit down in MK or AK- we love the resort restaurants nearby too much to try them! :mickey:

missastrocat
09-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Epcot - I would say rose and crown is a don't miss.

MK - don't rule out one of the monorail resort dining locations. My favorite is Kona at the Poly.

When you get there., you may want to try getting the epcot processional dinner package. I found it easier to work face to face with a cast member when there versus calling in. You can always try online though! There are always cancellations the day before / day of so keep trying if you cant get what you want online now.

Utopia74
09-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Epcot has the best collection of restaurants from a park standpoint, but I wouldn't say any of them are "not to be missed".
Coral Reef is really good for the 'underwater' type atmosphere, if you don't mind Chuck-E-Cheese like noise levels.
There's also no shortage of options at World Showcase.

If you're at Animal Kingdom, definitely choose Yak & Yeti over Tusker House (which reminded me of a white trash version of Boma).

The resorts are where it's at, in terms of best dining experiences.
Jiko, Flying Fish, and California Grill are my personal favorites.

DisneyGlutton
09-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Yak and Yeti at AK for sure would be my pick for the one not to be missed theme park restaurant. It has interesting food, but no so much that it's offputting. The theming is also as nice as you'd expect at Disney. Its the one good food option at an otherwise bare AK also, imho.

Having said that, if you're at MK and can afford to pay a little more, take the Monorail to one of the resort restaurants. They are head and shoulders better than anything at the parks themselves. Or if you are at Epcot, its a short walk from the other entrance to Boardwalk and my favorite WDW restaurant, which is Flying Fish. The scallops with english pea risotto would be my request for a last meal.

Brer_Fox
09-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Seafood - Fulton's Crab House (DTD)

Steak - Yachtmen's Steak House (Yacht Club Resort)

Atmosphere:
Seafood - Narcoosee's (Grand Floridian Resort)
Assortment - Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge Resort)

Buffett - Biergertan (Germany Pavillion)

These places are always booked on our disney trips. Great food at all of these places.

MNNHFLTX
09-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Here would be my choices:

Magic Kingdom--Liberty Tree Tavern, but for lunch (which is a more typical ala carte menu, not family style like dinner).

Epcot--Tokyo Dining or Rose and Crown. Love Le Cellier too, but not sure that it's worth the hype and wait anymore.

Disney Hollywood Studios--Prime Time Cafe. It's a place that should be experienced at least once.

Animal Kingdom--Yak and Yeti.

Janmac
09-17-2012, 01:59 PM
MK - breakfast at Crystal Palace is a must for us. One of our best meals ever in a park was a late breakfast (I want to say maybe 10:30 am) at CP. Quiet, relaxing and great food.

MK - lunch at Cosmic Ray's. We used to like Pecos Bill's but it's gotten so crowded which seems worse, since the seating areas are so dark. Cosmic Ray's is more open.

Epcot - lunch at Sunshine Seasons, set up much like a food court; you can get soup, a hamburger or even an entree sort of meal.

Epcot - supper at - difficult to say. Used to be Biergarten, San Angel Inn at Mexico and Marrakesh at Morocco were our must dos. Coral Reef and Teppan Edo at Japan are, maybe, replacing them.

Animal Kingdom - breakfast at Tusker House. Love this place and the huge amount of food choices.

Animal Kingdom - lunch at Flame Tree bbq. Best seating in the park. Our youngest grandson prefers Yak & Yeti - he gets his food at the counter service there and walks across the bridge to join the bbq lovers at Flame Tree's riverside seating.

DHS - we have not found a counter service place we must eat at. We have had good times with sit down meals at 50s Prime Time and Sci Fi but they're not must do. Recently, the 7 yr old girl in our group had a wonderful time at the breakfast at Hollywood & Vine. As long as she is enjoying this place for breakfast, it's probably a must do for the rest of us.

Jan

LudwigVonDrake
09-17-2012, 03:54 PM
DHS - The atmosphere of the 50s Prime Time and the Sci-Fi are great

MK - Tony's is usually pretty good.

Epcot - Le Cellier and San Angel are my favorites

AK - Flame Tree BBQ (you don't need ADRs)