PDA

View Full Version : Ever do this tour?

WLGirl
08-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Has anyone ever done the tour at Epcot called the Seas Aqua Tour? Are you allowed to actually go under the water or do you just float on top like at Typhoon Lagoon? Not sure if it is worth the money if its just like TL. Can you give me any positive feedback. Thanks....

faline
08-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Chris has done this tour and you can find his description here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=193709&highlight=aqua+seas+tour).

faline
08-28-2012, 09:09 AM
And here's the description of this tour from Into Central

Epcot Seas Aqua Tour:
Learn about and interact with ocean life in The Living Seas. Guests explore backstage facilities, watch a video about the pavilion's creatures and then explore the creature's environment using a Supplied-Air Snorkel system during a 30-minute swim through the main aquarium.

The cost of the tour is $115 per guest, and includes all required gear, refreshments, a T-shirt and a group photo of the experience. Guests must bring a bathing suit to participate and must be 8 years of age or older. No scuba-certificate is required for this tour.
For more information or to make a reservation, call (407)WDW-TOUR.

Strmchsr
08-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Linda linked you to my previous description, but let me say it's well worth it. You get a 2 hour behind the scenes tour at the Seas pavilion and then in the tank for 30-45 min (depends on the guide). You are mostly on the surface but it's not true snorkeling. You have a little scuba apparatus with a flotation device that won't let you go more than a foot below the surface but you can still see plenty. I loved it before my DS was scuba certified. Now that he is, we both enjoy doing the DiveQuest together.