PDA

View Full Version : Happy Early Birthday EpcotChic we are going to WDW!

EpcotChic23
08-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Cast of Characters:

Me and DH.

Date: 9/29-10/3

Some of you might have read my last trip report from the world in June. The occurrence through out that report was rain rain and more rain. As much as I enjoyed it I did miss out on some of my favorite things (like spending evenings with my DH). Well from the day we landed home in June I politely reminded everyone that I would really like to do a mini trip in the fall. Specifically, for October 1st. I know WDW is not doing anything special for Epcot’s birthday, but I personally just wanted to be there (since I missed it’s 25th and WDW 40th Anniversary).

This past Friday, was a tough day we put our dog down and I of course was sad:crying:. I was at work and in a meeting I get a text message from DH “Happy Birthday we are going to WDW in October we will book when you get home” (my bday is in 2 weeks). Now of course I was happy but I did not get that sheer enjoyment due to the passing of my dog.

Oh and this will be an adult only trip, my DH would have booked earlier if my mom didn’t drag her feet on watching her lovely granddaughter for 3 days. After making us feel guilty for not wanting to bring our child to Disney World:rolleyes: and the passing of my dog she finally agreed to watch DD. Part of me is upset we are not bringing her but for how short this trip is going to be it would be a more of expensive trip then if it was only the 2 of us (airfare, and we would have to buy her a pass now since she is 3 and DH and I have AP already from June).

Booking the airfare was quiet easy my DH had in mind already what he wanted to book. We are leaving later in the day on the 29th and late PM on the 3rd ( I told you it would be a quick trip but any number of days in Disney are better than not in Disney right?) The hotel was not so easy:confused::confused:. I just happen to get an e-mail the day before for discounts on rooms starting on September 29th. My DH and I agreed on staying in a moderate resort but could not agree in which one. I was leaning toward CS and he was PORS. We have never stayed in a moderate resort so we were choosing off of youtube videos, and reviews on web pages. Finally my DH announced where we will be staying……….The Contemporary!! I looked at him confusingly and he explained with the discount and we have one free night at the Contemporary (from 06 we I complained to corporate on something) it would cost the same to stay at the Contemporary as the CS. Well you don’t have to ask me twice. I grew up staying at the CR and have not been there since probably 2006. My family has been staying at the Poly instead. So airfare is booked 2 nights at the CR are booked we are just waiting for CR corporate offices to call us back to verify they can accommodate us with a free night one of those nights we of course we doing our booking at 9pm on a Sat. night.

So now it is starting to sink in:cloud9:. I came into work today and requested the 3 days off. We are making no PS since the food and wine festival is going on YA:marg: and it is only the 2 of us we can eat anywhere CS. I can’t wait I have only been there once before during the festival. Plus Sugar Ray will be performing ( was. def. a fan of them in the 90’s even had a little crush on Mark McGrath). Well let the countdown begin. I love impromptu trips like this; the countdown is always so short!

Auntie B
08-27-2012, 10:44 AM
An impromptu trip - how very sweet of your hubby! Hoping you have a rain free trip and an amazing time together!

faline
08-27-2012, 10:51 AM
What a wonderful birthday surprise!! Plus, you clearly need some fun in your life right now!!

VWL Mom
08-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Sorry about your pup. What a great birthday surprise though and a great time of year to visit. Enjoy!

January-2007
08-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Hope you have a great time at the Contemporary!