PDA

View Full Version : Have dining plan, but will need to but 2 meals, which would be cheapest?

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi there,
We are heading down in late November early December. We have the following ADR's. We have the DDP (not delux) can anyone let me know what we would probably do best with to purchase OOP? So far what we have planned would take 11 table service points, and we have 9 to work with (staying 9 nights)... so we will either have to pay for 2 meals OOP or Hoop de Doo... what do you all think would save us? Our family is 2 adults, DD (8) DD (5) and DS (2)... The 2 year old will mostly pick off all our plates...

We don't tend to order alcohol... but sometimes will get an appetizer.

Chef Mickeys Dinner
O'Hana Dinner
Sannaa Dinner
Hoop de Doo
Hollywood and Vine Breakfast
Sci Fi Dinner
T-Rex Dinner
Tuskerhaus Lunch
Crystal Palace dinner
Askerhaus lunch

Thank you for any help!:thumbsup:

MargaretMessler
08-27-2012, 03:29 AM
I'm going to guess that SciFi or T-Rex would work out cheapest on average, which you want to do OOP for the cheapest. Hoop Dee Doo can get expensive. Take a peek at the menus and try to guess based on what you will likely eat at each.

Lindsey310
08-27-2012, 07:36 AM
I would think the 2 lunch selections (Tusker house and akershus) would be the two choices that would be the cheapest if you have to pay out of pocket. I would allow them to use 2 for hoop dee doo review bc this can very expensive and the price has gone up I think.
Have a magical time :thumbsup:

2 days and we are there!!!!!! Only Monday and Tuesday left for work and I'm scratching at the walls!!!!!! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
08-27-2012, 07:51 AM
I disagree the character lunches are buffets and can have an expensive price tag for children...I would go with the sci-fi and T Rex...or Sanna...kids meals are under $10, but buffets are $17 and up, even for lunch.

VWL Mom
08-27-2012, 08:11 AM
I agree with TRex and Sci-Fi. The buffets can get expensive and don't allow sharing. If your paying OOP at Sci-Fi and TRex your too little ones may be able to share something saving even more.

DizneyRox
08-27-2012, 10:16 AM
I think I'd go OOP on the HDD. That will free up two credits right there. None of the 2TS places are actually worth using 2 credits on in terms of value on the plan.

BTW - Just had some friends come back and they said the DDP cost them $400 more for a week over paying OOP. I think a lot of peoople are starting to realize that the dining plans are a bad value overall, I didn't even have to lead them to come to that conclusion. I did a little I told you so under my breath. I could do a lot with an extra $400!

#1donaldfan
08-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Sci fi, t rex !!

Gator
08-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Sounds like you'll be there the same time as us! And I'd have to check with the moderators, but that may be the longest thread title yet.:D

It seems like Hoop De Doo would be cheaper. My logic would that it's one meal that doesn't cost as much as two other meals. Plus, you only have to "pay" for drinks once instead of twice. But I could be wrong.