PDA

View Full Version : What to order at the following restaurants...

mom2morgan
08-26-2012, 09:06 PM
(I'm stealing your idea, Splashmountaineer!). We have reservations at the following and would really like to know what are some dishes that are really good and we should consider trying (desserts too, please!)
Coral Reef
Akershus
San Angel Inn
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon
Sci Fi (stick to burgers here, probably!)

DizneyRox
08-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Large Coke at Whispering Canyon...

Georgesgirl1
08-26-2012, 09:46 PM
At San Angel Inn, DH and I had the beef tenderloin with a cheese enchilada, black beans and rice. It was really good.

We have always ordered the Canyon Skillet at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

thesplashmountaineer
08-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Coral Reef:Lobster Ravioli and Baileys and Jack Daniel's Mousse!!!!

Akershus:Traditional Kjottkake

Le Cellier:Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and Maple Creme Brulee

San Angel Inn: dessert: Helado de Dulce de Leche

Sci Fi: Steak is ok, the Reuben too.

tinksmom02
08-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I had the Angus Chuck Burger at Sci Fi last week and it was pretty tasty. Pretty much everything on a burger (copied from another website:)- -flame broiled beef patty topped with cheddar or Swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms, and crispy bacon, lettuce and vine-ripened tomatoes, served with a choice of cucumber salad or french fries.

I've had the BLT soup before and it was good.

the other micki
08-27-2012, 12:59 AM
I liked the Blackened Catfish on cheese grits and creme brulet at Coral Reef.

The skillet is good at WCC.

Bon appetite!

MargaretMessler
08-27-2012, 03:24 AM
I seem to remember having ribs at the SciFi that were pretty tasty, but admittedly it was a few years back.

jnfr2424
08-27-2012, 11:27 AM
I seem to remember having ribs at the SciFi that were pretty tasty, but admittedly it was a few years back.

they took that off the menu last year and added different burgers

BLT soup is my fave here
I tried that big burger with the 2 hot dogs on top and not only was it messy it was just too much!!

#1donaldfan
08-27-2012, 12:50 PM
SCI FI, def the burgers !! BEST EVER !!!
WCC, skillet....XXX Ketsup....
San Angel, SKIP IT, Please !!! YUCK
Coral Reef, was so long ago I can't remember..:cool:

disneynarula
08-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Chicken with the Mole at San Angel. I really love it. The only reason we are skipping it this time is because my MIL is a vegan and my DS has food allergies and they get really poor ratings on the allergy message boards.

The Tostada Tinga thing is really good too.

Gator
08-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Coral Reef- I'd go with the Rainbow Trout or the Grilled Maha Mahi. Both are fantastic. Really loved it
Akershus- Ah, one of my favorites. The Kjottkake is very good, though my wife prefers to get the beef sandwich. Also, the stuff pasta is really good. Be sure and try the Jarlsburg cheese at the buffet - it's the best.
San Angel Inn- I can't say anything good about this one, so go with someone else's choice.
Le Cellier- The new york steak with a garlic butter sauce is the best steak I've ever had.
Whispering Canyon- The wagon wheel has all the good stuff - go with that.
Sci Fi (stick to burgers here, probably)- For some reason, the burgers here are better than everywhere else. Maybe it's because you can wash it down with a big'ol milkshake!

BriarRose0708
08-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Just be careful that menus can change so what's suggested here may not still be served. For example, the lobster ravioli is now lobster mac & cheese at Coral Reef. I'd try to search online for the most recent/updated menus.

But, not knowing what your dining preferences are, here's what I'd get at....

Akershus: I've only done breakfast here and really enjoyed all the pastry, cheeses, and fruit on the cold buffet. The hot breakfast plate is eggs, hashbrown casserole, sausage and bacon. All very yummy!

Coral Reef: The NY Strip, for a seafood place, is actually their signature dish! I order it medium and it's perfectly cooked each time. So good, I want to lick my plate! And you can't go wrong with the Chocolate Wave for dessert.

Le Cellier: If you like mushrooms, the Mushroom Filet is the way to go!

Sci Fi: Burger, burger and burger. Are you doing apps? I really love the Spinach and Artichoke dip there. For dessert I like their apple crisp or a classic hot fudge sundae. You can also get a milkshake for your dessert on the dining plan. Also love that they make their own fountain soda drinks, I love a diet cherry vanilla Coke!

BriarRose0708
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I liked the Blackened Catfish on cheese grits and creme brulet at Coral Reef.

This catfish dish was my favorite meal in all of WDW. Sadly, it was removed from the menu about 3 years ago :(

the other micki
08-27-2012, 07:50 PM
This catfish dish was my favorite meal in all of WDW. Sadly, it was removed from the menu about 3 years ago :(

Well now, that's disappointing! I haven't eaten at CR since 2009... I'll have to find another fave dish as we are dining there in Dec. :D

Bethanymouse
08-27-2012, 08:28 PM
I can only comment on two of these places- Le Cellier- Love the mushroom risotto and I loved the choc whiskey cake. Was not on the lunch menu in July, but may be on the dinner menu.

At Sci-Fi get a milkshake!!!! We have eaten at some of the others but nothing really stands out!

disneymomma2010
08-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Coral Reef has the best steak I have ever ate in my life!

LandFan
08-28-2012, 08:46 PM

It was DH's favorite too...:(

Utopia74
09-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I've never had it myself, but most people swear by the Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier.

Also, the Chocolate Wave dessert at Coral Reef is really good (though I liked it better before they upped the 'lame' quotient by switching the accompanying fruit from brandy soaked cherries to plain ol' boring raspberries)

DisneyGlutton
09-03-2012, 01:57 PM
I've never had it myself, but most people swear by the Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier.

You should've tried some of mine! It is excellent imho.

At CR, I would recommend the Seared Chicken Breast served over Spaetzle finished with Applewood Smoked Bacon-Chicken Broth. I am an amateur foodie and was blown away by this.

At Akershus, the Traditional Rice Cream
-topped with Strawberry Sauce is very nice. This comes with your meal automatically from what I remember.

disneydeb
09-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Coral Reef Mahi Mahi
Sci Fi we have never eaten there
Le Cellier our last experiencd turned us off so badly, we may never go back!
Whispering Canyon.. Ketchup
San Angel Inn... never have eaten there either.

ANG
09-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Coral Reef: The NY Strip, for a seafood place, is actually their signature dish! I order it medium and it's perfectly cooked each time. So good, I want to lick my plate! And you can't go wrong with the Chocolate Wave for dessert.

I completely disagree. I was so excited to get The Wave at CR but was very disappointed. It's just an upside down plain cupcake.

darthmacho
09-03-2012, 05:51 PM
I like all of the restaurants on the list, but off the top of my head I can only comment on two:

San Angel Inn: First off, don't skip it, and I disagree about the YUCK! (Sorry, Donaldfan). The service is so-so, but the atmosphere is awesome, and the food good in my opinion. This is what I always order, and will again next time...

Mole Poblano
Dos Equis Beer
Flan for dessert!

Whispering Canyon: Been here at least once on three of five trips, and we only skipped it this time to eat at Artist Point.

Canyon Skillet!

BriarRose0708
09-04-2012, 09:38 AM
I completely disagree. I was so excited to get The Wave at CR but was very disappointed. It's just an upside down plain cupcake.

This is why it's difficult to ask for opinions, lol. That's what I liked for dessert at Coral Reef, but you didn't care for it (although I disagree that the CW is just a "upsidedown cupcake"). It's just too subjective. I say, just go and make your own decisions.

#1donaldfan
09-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I like all of the restaurants on the list, but off the top of my head I can only comment on two:

San Angel Inn: First off, don't skip it, and I disagree about the YUCK! (Sorry, Donaldfan). The service is so-so, but the atmosphere is awesome, and the food good in my opinion. This is what I always order, and will again next time...

Mole Poblano
Dos Equis Beer
Flan for dessert!

Whispering Canyon: Been here at least once on three of five trips, and we only skipped it this time to eat at Artist Point.

Canyon Skillet!

..you don't have to be sorry !! We had a terrible experience, and while the atmosphere is incredible, the food and service for us was horrible by Disney standards......I'm sure it was an off night or such, but I tend to not revisit a place that made that negative of on impact on me, as well as the family......I probably should give it another try....just too scared to !!! :cool: