PDA

View Full Version : This is Halloween, this is Halloween!

Christine
08-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Now that I've stuck that song in your heads (I've been humming the entire Hallowishes soundtrack all day!)let me share some of the Halloween merchandise I saw today! (Will add pics when I get to my desktop)
Lots of haunted mansion inspired themes - Madame Leota lollipops, hitchhiking ghost trio of Lollipops, a cool battery operated lantern, set of tombstones including "here lies Fred" (sold out), trick or treat bags, fun candies (a coffin full of gummy worms).

I much prefer this year's design. Last year mickey looked like a deranged werewolf and Minnie looked like a witch from Fredrick's of Hollywood. This year is much better. :mpumpkin:

Melanie
08-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Looks good what you tweeted, Christine. I agree, last years designs were just a bit too spooky and creepy for our sweet old pals. I can't wait to see everything in October! :mpumpkin:

TiggeRia
08-26-2012, 06:55 PM
That's funny...when I read the title before opening the thread, the first thing I thought to myself was "Oh no....that song is going to be stuck in my head now.". I love Halloween decorations and am looking forward to see what is new this year! Still undecided about going to the party, though, as we've done it three years in a row and that itself probably hasn't changed too much.

VWL Mom
08-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I agree, this years items look so much better. I so wanted to buy a tee and the count down calendar last week but kept saying "walk away, just walk away".

Lindsey310
08-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Can't wait to see pics!! I love Disney themed Halloween merchandise!!! :mickey:

Christine
08-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Here are some displays of Merchandise from the BVG shop in the Contemporary, and the Emporium in Magic Kingdom.

I walked out with a few treats today! Got the adorable lantern, a 2012 Trick or Treat bag, coffee mug, and a light up Mickey pumpkin necklace. :blush: I respect the Disney Law! Buy it when you see it because you may not be able to find it later! Happened to me last year...I searched high and low for ONE item I should've bought when I had the chance.

Joannelet
08-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks for posting! Some of those items look sooo cute!

jnfr2424
08-27-2012, 11:11 AM
I have to join in and change the soundtrack
Happy Halloween to YOU and BOO and BOO and BOO! Happy Halloween.... just love it
Hurry up October!!

Dsnygirl
08-27-2012, 11:46 AM
:mpumpkin: Christine, thank you for posting the pics... LOVE them!! We are SO going to miss fall at Disney this year, am definitely going to have to find some of these treasures online and get a "mini fix". Love the lantern!! :mpumpkin:

Quadstriker
08-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Thank you very much for the pictures.

minnie04
08-28-2012, 10:45 AM
It's funny that you’re posted this. I just started receiving my stuff in the mail. I ordered the Halloween Lantern, Which I’m going to return. It doesn’t sit well on the stand (stand is too big kind of clumsy glass). Also I ordered the shirt to wear on Halloween in the park, but I’m also returning that as well it runs supper small to me. I am a large and I ordered XXL just to have room and it’s still snug (I hate things tight on me). I guess it would be better if it were cotton. Polyester doesn’t have much of a give to it. If you do order it you will love it, it is really pretty. I just wish it had a little more give... :( I’m still waiting on the Countdown Calendar. I hope it’s as nice as it looks. I am not a picky person, but this time I had a few things to pick at. I’m really bummed about the shirt. I really wanted to wear it in the park at the MNSSHP, oh well

OK I just had an idea on the Shirt. I'm going to try and stretch it. and see if it will flow better.. Fingers crossed ( I really don't want to return it )

Also, what are the Mickey ghost things in the middle of the picture?? are they glass figures or do they do something?

Brer_Fox
08-28-2012, 12:57 PM
I totally wish they would make a statue of the Headless Horseman... That is my favorite part of the parade when the Headless Horseman rides tonight........

Be there Oct. 28 again this year... cant wait.

SBETigg
08-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Great display! I'm so excited to see it all soon. Thanks!

minnie04
08-28-2012, 02:13 PM
I so wanted to buy a tee and the count down calendar last week but kept saying "walk away, just walk away".

I'm the same way I just "walk away", but then regret it later because I go back and the item is gone. :( not this time I bought early and they have an extra 25% of online right now..:mickey:

Kenny1113
08-28-2012, 05:35 PM
It's funny that you’re posted this. I just started receiving my stuff in the mail. I ordered the Halloween Lantern, Which I’m going to return. It doesn’t sit well on the stand (stand is too big kind of clumsy glass). Also I ordered the shirt to wear on Halloween in the park, but I’m also returning that as well it runs supper small to me. I am a large and I ordered XXL just to have room and it’s still snug (I hate things tight on me). I guess it would be better if it were cotton. Polyester doesn’t have much of a give to it. If you do order it you will love it, it is really pretty. I just wish it had a little more give... :( I’m still waiting on the Countdown Calendar. I hope it’s as nice as it looks. I am not a picky person, but this time I had a few things to pick at. I’m really bummed about the shirt. I really wanted to wear it in the park at the MNSSHP, oh well

OK I just had an idea on the Shirt. I'm going to try and stretch it. and see if it will flow better.. Fingers crossed ( I really don't want to return it )

Also, what are the Mickey ghost things in the middle of the picture?? are they glass figures or do they do something?

I would love to hear your reveiws of the countdown calendar. I wanted to get the door sign until I clicked on it and realized its more of a door knob sign. :( my next wish item is the countdown calendar, I am debating ordering it now or waiting until or trip mid-Oct (I would get to see it in personif it is still available but then I wouldn't get too much use out of it this year :confused: )

Please keep us posted.

minnie04
08-29-2012, 01:54 PM
I would love to hear your reveiws of the countdown calendar. I wanted to get the door sign until I clicked on it and realized its more of a door knob sign. :( my next wish item is the countdown calendar, I am debating ordering it now or waiting until or trip mid-Oct (I would get to see it in personif it is still available but then I wouldn't get too much use out of it this year :confused: )

Please keep us posted.

I will let you know as soon as I get it. It said it would be here by the end of the day today :mickey:

doombuggy
08-29-2012, 02:52 PM
We have these items in our shop (got 5 more of the tomb stones on Sunday as well, but they are probably gone by now). I bought the tombstones, the green bag, the popcorn can, the coffin, the place mat, the candleabra and the countdown calendar. It is like a little house with MN & MM out front and the blocks are orange with black ink/writing on them. I don't know if it give you an extra block like our Victorian Christmas countdown calendar does, as the one I used for display on Sunday when I was stocking was already out (and one of the 3 flying bats had been pulled off). I counted 67 days to Halloween but the blocks wouldn't let me say that - again I haven't opened mine yet so I don't know if a third block comes with it.

minnie04
08-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Doombuggy, I have a few questions for you. What is the Mickey Ghost in the picture above? is it glass or plastic? Does it do anything? Are they going to sell Halloween items in the local Disney stores??

minnie04
08-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Kenny1113, I got the countdown calendar last night. It is smaller then I thought , but I love it. :mickey: great detail :thumbsup:

P.S.only two blocks came with it.

doombuggy
08-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Doombuggy, I have a few questions for you. What is the Mickey Ghost in the picture above? is it glass or plastic? Does it do anything? Are they going to sell Halloween items in the local Disney stores??

the ghost Mickey is the same one from last year. It's a lantern/flashlight type of thing. the light shines out of the bottom and will show a pattern on the pavement. I think I saw a demo of this on the Disney Parks Blog recently.

These items are theme park and as such will most likely not be sold in TDS, as they are a different division of TWDC. Their online store has been partnering with WDP&R to sell theme park merch but that is probably for a few reasons (not to confuse the guest, not to have a totally seperate site). In the 8 years I spent at TDS we never sold park stuff, but I have been at the park for 8 years, so things may have changed (but I doubt it).

minnie04
08-30-2012, 04:11 PM
@doombuggy, Thanks :mickey:

Kenny1113
08-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks Minnie04. I was afraid it would be small :( after I saw the size of the sign I checked the dimensions on the countdown, but I'm really bad visualizing like that.

minnie04
08-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks Minnie04. I was afraid it would be small :( after I saw the size of the sign I checked the dimensions on the countdown, but I'm really bad visualizing like that.

Your welcome.. it's not to bad I love it. this one is a keeper. :mickey:

Kenny1113
08-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Maybe it wouldn't hurt to order it....How long was the 25% off good for?

minnie04
08-31-2012, 01:47 PM
till Monday. I would order it now, if I we're you. I always miss out when I wait... :mickey:

Kenny1113
09-19-2012, 01:10 PM
So the 25% off was not for the Halloween merchandise. I decided to wait. I should have listened. :( The countdown calendar is sold out!

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-23-2012, 10:30 AM
OH, I can't wait to go now!!! 19 days and looks like I'll be cleaning up!!!

I should probably try and budget more spending money :secret:

Was there a Halloween porch flag anywhere?

doombuggy
10-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes, there is a flag with the same picture as that is on the popcorn tin, the placemat and the bag with the green border.