PDA

View Full Version : Question about Discount Code ettiquette

Tinker-Brendie
08-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I've been an Intercot member here for a LONG time and love it here. I have noticed that some subjects can be a little sensitive, so if this is "just not discussed" please tell me - I don't want to commit a faux pas.

Over the years we have been fortunate enough to receive postcards and even emails from Disney offering room-only discounts for specific date ranges. These are not transferable, and they really do seem to cross-check their files to see if you are the person the code was sent to. We have not received any code offers this year and my question is:

"Do Intercot members ever post here that they have received a discount code from Disney?"

If they do, has anyone received one lately? I've received them pretty consistently and was hoping to get one so we could make our (almost) annual pilgrimage to the Food and Wine Festival...

Thank you SO MUCH for your replies! I LOVE Intercot and couldn't plan a trip without it! :cloud9:

Strmchsr
08-26-2012, 01:48 PM
It's not a problem for people to post that they received a code (as long as they don't try to post the code or give it to someone, which, as you noted is not allowed). Folks do that fairly regularly regarding an email or snail mail discount offer. Haven't heard of any lately, though, and I haven't received one in over a year.

AgentC
08-26-2012, 02:14 PM
We haven't received one in a long time either. I have done best this year with bounce back discounts and then annual pass holder discounts.

dobby2010
08-26-2012, 03:09 PM
We just got an email 2 or 3 days ago with a 30 percent off select resorts this fall/winter. We seem to get codes pretty often. It seems like we always get then when we can't go and never when we can.

disneymom15
08-26-2012, 03:28 PM
We use to get them quite often. Haven't gotten one lately.

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Yup, they've been pretty sparse lately.

Mousemates
08-27-2012, 11:18 AM
We also used to get them on a fairly regular basis, but it has been in the neighborhood of a year since we got our last one.

Tinker-Brendie
08-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Logged onto Intercot this morning to check for new replies to my post and - lo and behold - there was a new "sticky" post announcing up to 30% off select resorts for fall!!!!! Picked up the phone with trembling hands, got right thru and locked in the Disney vacation I've been waiting to book!:cloud9:

:number1:Thank you, Intercot! You are MAGICAL!:number1:

laprana
08-28-2012, 02:00 PM
I've received 2 e-mails with pin codes in the last 4-5 months, one for free dining and one for a certain % off a room-only ressie...unfortunately, neither one has been for me! Last year I went to WDW with my sister, who was going with several of her co-workers for a convention. (I was just a tagalong! :D) Anyway, I was appointed as the trip booker and keeper of all things associated with the trip, so I booked all the rooms under my WDW website login, but it was paid for with my sister's boss' credit card. So all the pin codes I've gotten have been sent to me under his name. Not a great help to me, but if he ever wants to go back to WDW, he can get some pretty good discounts! :funny:

Aggie97
08-28-2012, 08:05 PM
I received an e-mail message this afternoon with a PIN code room-only discount for September 30 - December 22. The discount is 25% or 30%, depending on dates. :mickey:

SBETigg
08-28-2012, 09:14 PM
I've never gotten one until this year and now I've had two offers.

NyDisneyGirl
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
I used to get these around twice a year, and I haven't received one in over a year. They're very sparse...

lawgirl
09-07-2012, 01:41 PM
We always used to get them regularly, and we always used them for our vacation. I haven't gotten one in over a year. We ended up renting DVC points, so its actually cheaper for us.

Gator
09-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Logged onto Intercot this morning to check for new replies to my post and - lo and behold - there was a new "sticky" post announcing up to 30% off select resorts for fall!!!!! Picked up the phone with trembling hands, got right thru and locked in the Disney vacation I've been waiting to book!:cloud9:

:number1:Thank you, Intercot! You are MAGICAL!:number1:

That's just funny right there. You have not because you ask not, I always say.

We've only seen two discount codes sent to us over the last 10 years. This trip will be the first time we use it.

Imalismom
09-07-2012, 05:30 PM
In the over {way-too-many} years I have been going to WDW, I have NEVER gotten a special code... ever...

WDW just does not like me :(

brownie
09-08-2012, 01:47 PM
In the over {way-too-many} years I have been going to WDW, I have NEVER gotten a special code... ever...

WDW just does not like me :(

They just know they've already got you hooked!

magicofdisney
09-08-2012, 03:30 PM
I received a pin offer in the mail once...addressed to my aunt...who's never lived with us. :confused:

forever a child
09-08-2012, 04:29 PM
We just got an email 2 or 3 days ago with a 30 percent off select resorts this fall/winter.

I have never ever received a post card, but I received the same email pin code offer a few weeks ago. I usually receive email pin codes when I get them. This last year I receive one for the spring month and one for the fall. During 2010, I was receiving them left and right! I guess things have changed lately though and I am not receiving near as many as before.

disneymom2000
09-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I have never received a pin-code but for a few years I would see people posting "Yea - I got a pin code for so and so". I said to heck with hoping to get anything randomly and started booking with Magical Journeys. When they hear of the codes - they apply them to your reservation if you meet the criteria. I love Magical Journeys and even though I am a travel agent - I still use them to book my trips.

eandrsmom
09-13-2012, 11:18 PM
I've only gotten one pin code via postcard in all of the years we've been going to Disney. The funny thing was that it was addressed to my babysitter who we brought with us the previous year. When I booked with the code, the lady who booked our trip questioned the different name. I explained to her that it was my babysitter from our previous trip, and that we had totally paid for her trip to go with us. She let me use it because it was sent to my home address.

Kaps
09-14-2012, 09:15 AM
We received one for the dining discount which is exactly what they eventually offered to the public anyway. Same exact dates

MIKESMOM
09-16-2012, 06:12 AM
I received one today for room only discount for our vacation dates this fall!:mickey: