PDA

View Full Version : If you leave your car in the parking lot at the park can you come back for it?

AmandaChan
08-25-2012, 10:52 AM
If you are staying on site and drive to the park, and you decide to take a bus to the hotel instead, can you leave your car overnight in the parking lot and come back for it???

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Although I'm not 100% sure, everything I've read says that you can't leave your car overnight in the park parking lot.

If you don't think you're going to want to drive back to your resort, I'd take a bus both ways, or budget a bit extra for a taxi to save time.

missastrocat
08-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't think you can park overnight in a park lot.

In a related way, we're having to figure this out ahead of time as we are going to a dinner at a resort that is not our home resort slightly before the parks close. While we could take bus transportation to the themepark and then themepark to the dinner resort, we can't get back to the home resort. To workaround this issue, we are going to park at our dining resort in the morning (hopefully we can do this), take the bus to the theme park and back.

faline
08-25-2012, 03:58 PM
To workaround this issue, we are going to park at our dining resort in the morning (hopefully we can do this), take the bus to the theme park and back.

Atually, you can't do this. When visiting a resort other than the one you're staying at, you would be given a 3 hour parking pass. The resorts are not meant to handle all-day parkers who are not staying at that resort and are off visiting parks.

Goofeygal
08-25-2012, 04:54 PM
We have visited different resorts on our stays and have never been issued a parking pass. Is that something new they have started?

faline
08-25-2012, 05:10 PM
We have visited different resorts on our stays and have never been issued a parking pass. Is that something new they have started?

No - that's always supposed to be their process.

buzznwoodysmom
08-25-2012, 09:51 PM
No - that's always supposed to be their process.

I know that is what they are supposed to do, but on our last several trips they have not handed out a parking pass when dining at, or visiting other resorts. Actually it's been years since they gave us anything.

I really wish they did something about the issue tho. While it's not a big deal at some resorts, it's a major pain at the more popular resorts. I know there have been several times we had dinner reservations at the Poly, and had to drive round and round looking for somewhere to park. One time we ended up having to valet because we had been looking for a spot for a while and were going to be late for our dinner. We asked if they would refund the valet with a reciept from dinner, or if we could valet for free since there were no parking places available. We were told "no" on both accounts, and we had to pay it. Not that big of a deal for a guest just going to dinner one night, but I'd imagine guests staying at the Poly would be annoyed that anytime they left the parking lot they would have so much trouble finding parking upon returning.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-25-2012, 11:04 PM
You can always take transportation from the resort to DTD, and back to your home resort, so you won't be stranded.

You can also take a taxi, it will be under $20 and is a quick way to get back to your resort at the end of the evening.

I agree that I would be super-annoyed if I couldn't park at my resort due to people parking there who shouldn't be.

buzznwoodysmom
08-26-2012, 10:39 AM
You can also take a taxi, it will be under $20 and is a quick way to get back to your resort at the end of the evening.

That is exactly what we do when in these kinds of situations in WDW. Even with our own car on property, it's often easier to just call a taxi. We've never paid more than $20, including tip, and may times it was much less if we weren't going far.

BrerGnat
08-27-2012, 02:02 PM
They are only really strict on the parking passes at the MK monorail hotels, as well as Boardwalk and Y&B Club, since they are within walking distance to Epcot. They do ask what your business is at the hotel and still do issue parking passes.

The other resorts, not so much.