PDA

View Full Version : Best Walking Shoes

gratuspater
08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Any recomendations for walking shoes? After a long day of walking and standing, my legs and feet are killing me! Anyone had any luck with any specific brand/model of shoes? I would like something with a significant amount of impact reduction. Thanks for any tips!

CuteAsMinnie
08-25-2012, 11:20 AM
You'll get dozens of different tips....

I like my trusty Mizunos. I buy a wide because my darn feet swell. In the evening I always change into comfy, cooshy flip flops so my feat can wiggle and breathe. I have a pair from the Loft that are cooshy and a pair from Aeropostle too. Cheap.

:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
08-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Birkenstocks!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-25-2012, 03:23 PM
I agree - what works for one person doesn't always work for another.

I alternate between my crocs (off roads) and my running shoes (saucony, since my feet are shaped like a duck!) and I find the switching is an important part of staying comfortable.

Pirate Granny
08-25-2012, 03:34 PM
My secret???? I never wear shoes with toes....fit-flop sandles (not flip-flop, no support there). And alternate with sandles that don't go between my toes. Feet need room to breath ans swell with all that walking. In the winter, I wear socks...yep, the sort you get at EPCOT in the Japan store...one toe, four toe... My feet have thanked me since this switch. I have wide, short feet and no matter how big, and how much I pay, I still had problems at the end of the day.

disneymom15
08-25-2012, 05:39 PM
95% of the time I wear flip flops. My secret is, you need a husband who is willing to give you a foot massage whenever you want.

stephicakes
08-25-2012, 06:22 PM
95% of the time I wear flip flops. My secret is, you need a husband who is willing to give you a foot massage whenever you want.

Ha! I'll have to remember that! :thumbsup:

I always wear running shoes. The best thing I have found is to always add gel inserts. Just make sure your shoe is big enough to accommodate one so it doesn't feel too tight. They seem to add that extra cushion that tired feet need.
Yup... I'm gellin' :walk:

Dopey's Girl
08-25-2012, 11:43 PM

I alternate between my crocs (off roads) and my running shoes (saucony, since my feet are shaped like a duck!) and I find the switching is an important part of staying comfortable.

Couldn't agree more. I have a pair of Teva mush flip flops that I love, but I have to hang it up. I wear one pair in the morning, and then wash my feet and change shoes after my midday break. I haven't had a blister since I started switching it up.

Tinkerbella16
08-25-2012, 11:49 PM

Isn't that the truth! I don't know how some girls wear flats or heels in the parks!!!

This year I am bringing sneakers with me, but only if I absolutely need them, I will wear them. I bought 3 pairs of the most comfortable flip flops I've ever worn in my life! The first pair is by Sanuk.. they are made of yoga mat! The other two are Reef's.. they are like a memory foam.. they feel amazing!!!