PDA

View Full Version : Taking our Princesses to the Castle - Day 8

IloveJack
08-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Magic Kingdom (Friday, June 8)
Ugh, the alarm went off at 6:00, but no snoozing today, breakfast is in the Castle! We had a mini-party, aka present time, for DD1, as today's her first birthday! She got a My first Duffy bear, dressed in pjs. I had made her a onesie with a Mickey outline and a Minnie polka-dot 1. It said "Birthday Girl" so everyone would know it was her birthday. We were at the bus stop at 7:15, but it took 2-3 busses for each of the other parks before an MK bus came by. We were still in the park by 8:00 for our 8:05 ressies.
DD3 was dressed as her favorite, Rapunzel (or "Tangled," to her), and DD1 was wearing Belle's yellow dress. We stopped for PP pics in front of the castle, and then DH took their pics by the fountain while I checked us in.
We spotted Jacq and Gus Gus keeping watch over Cindy, while waiting in line for pictures with her. I asked if many people notice them, and she said, "Oh yes!" Breakfast was nice, but rushed, and so were the princesses. In fact, when DH saw the bill (which I had warned him about, but still), he said he'd rather not do character meals anymore. It's a lot of money for very little time with the characters. Yes, in the parks you wait in line, but the characters spend much more time with the kids than they do at the high-priced meals. I think I agree with him on this one.
Because DD3 was in her Tangled dress, we went to see Rapunzel next. A very nice mother and daughter were behind us in line and entertained DD3 with their pins and some confetti Mickeys that a CM had thrown over us all. It was a slow moving line, as Rapunzel took frequent breaks, of 15 minute duration, but they kept DD3 happy.
We were next in line after a break, and had fun chatting with the CM at the rope. He happened to have lived in Nashville during his college years, and we're from just outside Nashville. Just before time for Rapunzel to return, they allowed us in the area. The PP photog took some great pics of just DD3 in her dress in front of the scenery. She also captured the smile on DD3's face when Rapunzel walked in. Her amazement was obvious!
We went straight from there to see Tiana, as DD3 has developed a recent love for Princess and the Frog. On our way, we stopped on Main Street and got a picture with digital Tink. Might as well fill that PP cd up! Tiana was probably my favorite character of the trip. She WAS Tiana. She talked to each and every kid for a while, asking if they'd been to see Mama Odie, or if they had heard from Ray. DD3 was yet again amazed.
We hung out for a while, waiting on a break for the PP photog, to get the digital pic of DD3 kissing Naveen as a frog. While we were waiting, Peter Pan ran in, hopped up on the column DD3 was standing beside, and proceeded to tease Tiana about needing to use her umbrella. It was funny to watch, and a nice surprise while we waited.
After the frog pic, the dresses came off, and we continued our day. We walked by the castle, on our way to see Merida, and found the Fairy Godmother. She spun DD3, and danced with her. The line for Merida was wrapped around the castle. I was surprised, as the movie was still a week from release. There's an activity while you wait, and DD3 was the only kid to hit the bulls-eye with the arrow. Merida was quiet, but the three bears were cute to watch, and they actually pose for the picture. DH and I spent a while trying to figure that one out.
Having met all the princesses that we planned to meet, it was time to ride. We got FPs for Space Mountain, and then went to Cosmic Rays for lunch. DH wanted me to park the strollers outside, but as both DDs were asleep, I said to take them in with us. Good thing we did, because it rained buckets while we were inside. Still, to this day, we haven't seen Sonny Eclipse while eating there.
We walked out to sunshine again, so we headed to the new Fantasyland. DD3 rode the Barnstormer with DH, while DD1 was still sleeping. She loved it, and we promised to return during EMH, but for now, it was time for Space. Ugh, I had forgotten how much this ride slings you around. We baby swapped, and I told DH once was enough for me.
We headed back to the room for a nap at 3:00, knowing it would be a very late night. We all slept, though it took a while to convince DD1, and returned to the park at 7:00.
Yet again, it was raining. We tried using our umbrellas, but DD3's legs were getting wet, so I bought her a little black MK umbrella for herself. Oh, and two Kingdom Keepers books for me. :-) We very quickly tired of trying to push the strollers while holding umbrellas, so we parked the strollers by the Country Bears, I put DD1 in the wrap, and we walked the rest of the night.
We never had gotten to use our BTMRR fast passes (or Splash for that matter), so we headed there. DD3 was not happy that she couldn't ride, not happy at all. We baby swapped BTMRR, decided we were wet enough already and skipped Splash, and then went straight to ride the carrousel for her.
I realized on the walk over that I hadn't gotten DD1's birthday card signed at the castle that morning. (We don't do autographs, except for birthday cards). So while DH took DD3 on the carrousel, I took DD1 to the castle. Only Belle and Cindy were there, but that was still more than nothing. Nice souvenir for a first birthday scrapbook.
We met them back at the carrousel, and all of us rode this time. Then it was time for Wishes, so we picked up the strollers, and headed out to watch it. We normally wouldn't do it again, having just seen it last night, but the girls were asleep through it then, and we fully missed the parade. This time, they got to see both and enjoyed them a lot. DD3 had been begging for popcorn the entire trip, so we got a bucket to share during the parade. I actually thought it would cost more than it did. Good to know for later, as much as she loves popcorn.
Then, it was DD3's time to ride. She'd been such a good sport (other than at BTMRR) by waiting while we rode all the big rides all week, that we let her have the night. She was wide awake, and ready to close the park. She rode IASW (with DH, who said he'd NEVER ride it... funny how daughters have that effect), Peter Pan, the Tea Cups, Dumbo, and the Barnstormer; all while DD1 slept. We even went to Tomorrowland to ride Stitch, but she was too short.
Per tradition, DH and I got our picture in front of the rose garden and the castle, before heading back to Main Street for more ice cream. DD3 got some this time, but was so tired, she fell asleep before eating any of it. She got through the whipped topping, but that was it. We packed everyone up, and headed back to ASM. It was 2:00 in the morning.

faline
08-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Wish the weather was a bit better for you but it's clear you're not letting that keep you from having a wonderful Disney trip!! Tiana sounds lovely - glad she was so gracious to your daughter.

January-2007
08-25-2012, 12:33 AM
2 in the morning! Glad your girls are having so much fun! What a wonderful first birthday!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I am amazed at how much you get done each day ... the girls are great Disney visitors!

We missed Tiana on our last trip, the line was just too long, and we're looking forward to it this trip, and I'll have to ask about the kissing the frog picture!

Dopey's Girl
08-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Mmm, popcorn. One of my favorite Disney treats.

Loving you reports!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow, that's a long day:party: