PDA

View Full Version : Taking our Princesses to the Castle - Day 4

IloveJack
08-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Hollywood Studios (Monday, June 4)
I lost my notes for the next two days, so I'm winging it by pictures. There will be lack of detail. Not happy.
We were at DHS at opening time, knowing that the DDs would want to ride TSM. We headed there first, with DH getting fast passes, and us girls getting in the stand by line. The DDs snacked on their Mickey goldfish while we waited. The posted time said 60 minutes, but it was less than 45. DD3 loved the ride, though her score wasn't great. Neither was mine, as it's difficult to both hold DD1 and shoot. Man, this ride wears my arms out!
Knowing we had no choice but to see Buzz and Woody, we got in the hour long line to meet them. I like the set up of being able to take pics "in the scenes," but it's hard to get a clear shot. DD3 put her palms on her cheeks in an "oh no!" expression while strapped to the rocket. It was quite cute.
The PP photog caught her first expression at seeing Buzz and Woody. That one pic is worth the cost of our trip. Her trip was made. We got pics with each of the girls, and Buzz and Woody fawned over both, "fighting" to get to be by DD1, and to tell DD3 they loved her. We also got a family pic, cause DH and I love the series, as well.
On our way around the park, we saw Jake (and the Neverland Pirates), so DD3 had to visit him. We also saw Handy Manny, though DD3 has never watched him, and thought he was Bob the Builder. (We only very recently got cable TV, can you tell?).
While we were in the Animation area, we headed in to see Sorcerer Mickey. DD1 was getting very fussy in line, as it was nap time, and she wasn't where she could lie down. However, DH held her up in the air, over everyone's heads, so she could see Mickey. She squealed, clapped her hands, and strained to see him until we were through the line. Mickey loved on her and didn't want to give her up when it was time to move on.
Quick service at DHS is slim pickings, in my opinion, but pizza is usually a crowd favorite, so we went to Pizza Planet. With DD3, you can't go wrong with Toy Story. On the way there, we spotted Chip and Dale (and most of the Fab 5, though we'd met them already) in their forties outfits. Just like when she was one, Chip and Dale tried to steal DD3 away from us. She walked off with Chip, then stopped, and said, "Come on, Mom." That's my girl! Dale didn't want to give DD1 up either. Our interactions with those two are always fun.
I got her a box lunch, and DH and I shared our pizzas with DD1. DD3 refused to eat, which isn't abnormal, but we kept pushing her to eat, as it was hot and she was burning a lot of energy. All of a sudden, she threw up. It was unexpected, and she hadn't complained of her tummy hurting, just didn't want to eat. We were all finished, so we moved from the table, and I went to find someone to clean it up. I asked the person wiping the tables, and was told to ask up front. I asked up front, and was told to find a janitor. I told the janitor, and they said they'd get to it. So we went to play a few games. Ten or fifteen minutes later, I notice an upset guest mad that "someone just left that there." I guess no one wanted to clean it up.
Then it was over to see Lightning and Mater (youngsters definitely keep you on the character hunt!), DD3's second favorites. It was so hot, and there's really no shade here. Parents were sending their kids to break line, just so they wouldn't have to be in the sun, though it meant others were blocked from the shade. This waiting area needs to be thought out better.
We decided the girls needed to expend some energy, so we took them to HISTK playground. DD1 stayed with me and crawled around in the shade, while DD3 and DH ran around playing. They only lasted about 20 minutes, when DH returned to say the slides were all closed because they were so hot. Ugh, I miss October.
We saw Mike Wazowski and Sully afterwards. DD3 was terrified of them last trip, but ate up all the attention this time. Sully hugged her and she completely dissapeared. Then Mike tried to dance with her, and she pretended to be shy all the time, giggling at him.
DD3 has really began to like the new Muppets movie, so we went to Muppets 3D next. Both girls liked it. DD1 really liked the bubbles, and playing spot the bunny. There was a group of Gay Days guys seated beside us. They're the only evidence of the group we ever saw in a park.
Our fast pass time had arrived for TSM, again, so we returned. Ah, so much quicker this time.
Our ADRs for Prime Time were early, but we were hungry already, so it was fine. DH and I both got the fried chicken with double mashed potatoes, and the DDs shared off our plates. I'd warned DH about the "service," but actually there was no teasing today. Our "cousin" loved on DD1, and we loved the food. We shared the Dad's dessert at the end. Mmm... mmm good!
By then DH was begging to ride ToT, our favorite. We got fast passes, and I got in the single rider line for RnRC. Wow, this line is slow moving. It took almost an hour for me to get through once. It took so long, that DH didn't ride, as our fast pass time had arrived. While DH rode ToT, I bought the DDs each a light up-spinner toy. DD3 got Buzz, and DD1 got Minnie. They loved them and played with them constantly. I figured we might as well get them the first night, so they could play with them all week.
I knew Fantasmic was showing twice, but I was hoping to make the first showing and then ride during EMH. Nope, it was standing room only before we got there. Oh well, we'll ride first. DD3 was begging to ride ToT. So DH took her with him. They let her past the first height marker, and then all the way to the boiler room. She's only 38 inches, by the way. She was literally about to board, and the "manager" (their term, not ours) said no way, she was too skinny. Now, she is skinny. She weighs just 30 lbs. But since when does that matter? I understand being safe, but it broke her heart to get all that way, and be told no later. DH brought her to me, was allowed to skip the line, and went right back on.
We caught the late showing of Fantasmic, but since DH had yet to ride RnRC, he was riding it when I got in line. I had to manage two strollers and both kids for the entire very crowded walk. I wasn't pleased. We were seated by the time he caught up with us. DD3 was slightly scared, but watched the whole time, just with ears covered. I love this show. One of these days, I'll be willing to stand in line long enough to get a seat in the middle.
After the show, we rode a little more, and then headed "home." Early ADRs are tomorrow.

faline
08-24-2012, 06:57 PM
What a busy day! Your girls sound like they're real troopers!! Sorry yout daughter was disappointed in beng turned away from Tower of Terror!

January-2007
08-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks for reporting.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Another busy day! So sad about DD and the ToT. I really dislike it when the kids are turned away at the end of the line ... tell them at the beginning that they can't ride.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Sounds great:mickey: