PDA

View Full Version : Taking our Princesses to the Castle - Day 2

IloveJack
08-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Clearwater Beach and Downtown Disney (Saturday, June 2)
I didn't set an alarm; I have DD1 for that. She woke me at 6:53, which is early for her, due to the time change, but was fine with me. I nursed her and then woke the others. DH didn't really want to get up , but he'd told me he wanted to leave by 8:00, so I kept at it til he got up. We ate continental breakfast in the lobby and packed up what little we'd taken in the room. We checked out around 8:30.
DH began driving and we were on our way to Clearwater. The DDs were back asleep in no time. DH sped, er, I mean made the three and a half hour drive in a little under three.
We'd had great experiences using state park beach accesses this year, so we decided to go to Honeymoon Island State Park instead of Clearwater beach main. Not such a great idea this time. It was so very crowded. I felt like we were intruding on people just to put down our blanket.
We forgot the umbrella in the car, so DH walked back to get it. While he was gone, a little four or five year old girl walked over and asked DD3 to play. She brought her sand toys to share, and for the most part, they shared with DD1, too. At one point, she asked DD3 what her sister's name was. DD3 responded with, "Lilliana Booger Bear" (one of her many nicknames). The little girl said, "No. I mean, what's her real name?" DD3 said, "Lill-i-a-na Boo-ger Bear!" Ha!
DH went for a swim when he returned, and then I wrapped DD1, and we all headed out for a walk. DD1 fussed a bit when we got in the water, especially when the waves hit her, but she never actually cried. DD3 even went out well over her head. She's becoming quite the daredevil. On our walk, we found a little crab and the DDs played with it for a while. It was about an inch and a half across, and the biggest crab they'd ever touched.
Our hungry tummies finally got the best of us and we decided to leave instead of eating there. It was great timing, as we'd no more than gotten the stuff in the trunk, than it began sprinkling. It was pouring by the time we got off the island.
We drove thru a McDonalds, getting apples for the DDs and fries and cokes for us. DD1 was out cold, so she didn't eat. We started to drive to WDW, but told DD3 we were headed to the hotel.
When we arrived, we went to check-in. Rico was our CM and he was earning his ears. He, and his "trainer," fell in love with our DDs. We hadn't even got past our name when they brought out balloons and plush Minnies for both girls. Then, when they told DD3 where she was (although she'd figured it out already), they gave her a coloring book and crayons. I'd told DH that I really wanted to stay in the Toy Story buildings (as it's DD3's favorite), but didn't want to pay the upcharge for a request. Well, lo and behold, they put us in "Buzz's house."
We headed back out to the car, and realized that DH had left his door standing open. Nothing was touched, though. Welcome to Disney.
We managed to get everything except some of the food in the first load by using the strollers as luggage carts. As we walked up to our building, DD3 screamed, "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!" She was very, very happy that we got to stay with Buzz. We showered and unpacked while DH returned to the car for the leftovers. As we exited the building, DD3, who'd brought her Woody with her, told him, "Woody, we're staying in your best friend's house!" This momma is loving seeing the World through 3-year old eyes!
It took 30 minutes for the DTD bus to arrive, but DD3 played with another 3-year old in line. They then rode together on the bus, oohing and ah-ing the whole way.
The plan was to pretty much window shop, as we definitely didn't want to spend all our souvenir money the first night. We always get an ornament, so we headed to the Christmas shop first. I looked around, found a Jack Skellington bag I liked, chose not to get it, and we went on. I traded four pins (I'd brought eBay traders) at the Pin store, but bought none. Then we walked all the way to the other end of DTD to Cirque. We have the DVD of La Nouba, but due to having the DDs, we've never seen it live. DH loves the DVD, though. He was wanting a wallet, and looked at one there, but it was a little (lot) pricey.
We returned to World of Disney, where a woman in her 20s, maybe, kept hitting on DH. It became comical after a while, as she was following him around the store to "accidently brush his toosh." After looking throughout the store, DD3 chose a plush Lotso and a hairtie. We also got DD1 a "my first trip" sippie. I got a blue "leather" scrapbook and the first book in the Kingdom Keepers series at the Memories store.
Both DDs fell asleep on DH on the bus ride back, as we were all exhausted. We still didn't make it to bed until 1:00, though.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Great start at Disney. The CM's at check-in sound great!

Too funny about the "tooshie touching" in the store.

faline
08-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Yay! You're at Disney World! Congrats on your upgrade to the house of Woody's best friend!!

January-2007
08-24-2012, 11:32 PM
I am sooo looking forward to going again with DS now that he's so much more verbal, that is too cute how the little one's see Disney World. Great arrival day! That's so nice that they gave them balloons and Minnies!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Sounds great except for the tushy brushing:blush: