PDA

View Full Version : Football Fun Question

JanetMegan
08-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Hey guys-for those of you playing-do you want me to leave it where you have to get all your picks in before the start of the first game of the week or do you want me to change it? We have always done it this way before but there are Wed/Thurs games almost all season...what do you think?

DisneyDINK
08-24-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure what the alternative would be. How many options are there?

It would be nice to be able to get in your picks after those late season Thursday Night Games. If you miss it by accident the whole week is lost. Having them in by 1:00pm Eastern on Sunday would be nice. Having until gametime for each game might be a bit excessive and cause one or two obsessive people (I'm not nanimg names here...) to spend too much time with their picks.

Nascfan
08-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Like DisneyDINK, I'm wondering what the alternative would be? Would you be able to make picks for games that haven't started, ie. if you miss Thursday, you could pick Sunday's and Monday's games but would forfeit Thursday's game? I'd be cool with that. It is rough to have to forfeit a whole week based on missing one or maybe two games on a Wednesday or Thursday. Would you be able to pick the early games (Wed/Thur) then go back later and pick the Sunday/Monday games? That could get interesting.

Totally off topic, but Wednesday games? Really NFL? I kinda get Thursday, but now we'll have games all week? It used to be NFL weekends, I liked that.

indytraveler
08-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Week 1 is Wednesday night opening. Every other week until Week 17 has a Thursday night game. Most of these games are on the NFL Network. The network must not be in every home yet. Nice way to get that done, have people miss those Thursday night games.

My vote would be to be able to pick the games before they start. For example pick the Thursday game and all others if you want or be able to wait until Sunday and pick those games before they start.

If you miss Thursdays deadline you only lose 1 game vs. missing 16 games.

However, if you miss Sunday's games then you miss those but could still pick Mondays game.

I can do whichever way the majority swings.

JanetMegan
08-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Well the options it gives me is either all picks in by first game or all picks in by 1pm eastern on Sunday, so you could miss the Wed/Thurs games but still be fine for Sunday and I'm pretty cool with that...

Melanie
08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Well the options it gives me is either all picks in by first game or all picks in by 1pm eastern on Sunday, so you could miss the Wed/Thurs games but still be fine for Sunday and I'm pretty cool with that...

I like that too.

Nascfan
08-27-2012, 12:57 PM
I like that too.

Ditto that.