PDA

View Full Version : question about mid september weather

dyin tago
08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
hi,

we have visited in early and late september and every visit we found the heat and humidity to be really really uncomfortable.:fan:

we visited in early september last year and there were actually a few days where we found it to be not too bad.

have we just been unlucky or is mid to late september sometimes nicer?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-23-2012, 07:32 PM
September is still a hot and humid month in Florida, although it may be a *bit* better than a crazy hot middle of the summer.

We're always surprised at how long it stays hot in Florida ...

honeebee86
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
I personally think you were lucky to have found those few "not so bad" days. I find September can sometimes be the same, if not even more humid than August. We try to avoid going to MNSSHP in September for this very reason. The days tend to be alright but the nights tend to feel so sticky and hot! I still don't understand why the nights can become so uncomfortable here in September!

Ed
08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
September is also statistically the height of hurricane season, so it can be a bit of a gamble. Other than that, it is usually still quite warm and humid through the month.

mydisneygirls
08-24-2012, 11:58 AM
I read the Farmer's Almanac this morning and it said Sept was going to be a bit cooler than normal.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Strmchsr
08-24-2012, 12:35 PM
we have visited in early and late september and every visit we found the heat and humidity to be really really uncomfortable.

Being from Canada and not used to the heat and humidity of the Deep South, September is always going to be hot and humid for you. For those of us who live here year round by the time we get to September, in general, it's feeling a good bit better than July-August. 90 feels a LOT better to us than 98-100. But in terms of what you're used to, always expect it to be hot and humid.

I read the Farmer's Almanac this morning and it said Sept was going to be a bit cooler than normal.

In general that should be correct. Orlando has been slightly below normal all summer. It can still be pretty warm in September, but I would expect highs to stay upper 80s to around 90 instead of the mid 90s we sometimes see in September.

Melanie
08-24-2012, 12:52 PM
In general that should be correct. Orlando has been slightly below normal all summer. It can still be pretty warm in September, but I would expect highs to stay upper 80s to around 90 instead of the mid 90s we sometimes see in September.

AKA - Hot still!

I never really felt a noticeable difference until October when we lived there. One thing I will not miss!

mydisneygirls
08-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for agreeing with the Almanac Chris!!! LOL We've had some brutally hots/humid days up here in the NE this summer so upper 80s low 90s is fine!!!