PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Disney Trip Report

Arielfan98
08-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Here are just a few things I noticed from my latest Disney trip which was last Friday to this following Wednesday.

Rides/Attractions:

1. Was highly disappointed in the Voyage of the Seas show. The strobe lights seem much stronger, and the woman who played Ariel wasn't that great of a singer. However, I do like the fastpass feature for it.

2. TMR wasn't as thrilling as it used to be. I don't know if my mind has changed, but it seems slow for a coaster and a more thrilling track would make it better.

3. Tried the Art of Animation drawing class for the first time and loved it!! Definitely worth the wait.

Restaurants:

1. Kona Cafe- what a huge disappointment :unsure: All the times we've gone there they've continued to change their menu. One plus I do have to say is that the Polynesian wasn't as cold as it used to be. The last time I was there they had a Pomegranate Pork chop which was served with 2 vegetable sides; Swiss chard and something else. I was now disappointed it had been changed to Coffee Rubbed pork chop. Nonetheless, they served me a bigger pork chop than I had the last time, except this time with unsatisfactory sides; corn and mushroom relish and sweet mashed potatoes. My mother ordered the scallops and shrimp, but it was served with a cabbage salad that was bare with no dressing. Next, my sister ordered the noodle stir fry, which the sauce was changed to a ginger-garlic, rather than its previous peanut sauce. The point is Kona keeps changing its menu, and for that reason we will not return.

2. Tony's Town Square- We had lunch there and celebrated my sister's birthday. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs and my sister ordered the eggplant stack while my mom ordered a salad. The food was delicious and they served my sister a free gelato sundae with fudge :D I ordered spumoni and was very good. I like Tony's Town Square and would recommend it to try once. It's not my favorite restaurant, but certainly a delectable choice.

Hotel:

1. We checked out the Art of Animation Resort Hotel, and I was really excited to take a peek at the Ariel complex, however Disney isn't offering the free dining plan at that hotel. I am very disappointed. Overall, it's a wonderful hotel.

Mfarquar
08-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the report!

Quick question - You mentioned that the AoA is not offering the free dining plan at the hotel do you mean: A) If you stay there, you are not eligible for the free dining promotion?; B) That they have quick service there but do not accept dining credits from the dining plan; or C) All of the above?

Just curious because I haven't heard that yet and we're thinking of staying there in 2013. "No dining plan accepted" would probably change that for us!

Thanks!

Arielfan98
08-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the report!

Quick question - You mentioned that the AoA is not offering the free dining plan at the hotel do you mean: A) If you stay there, you are not eligible for the free dining promotion?; B) That they have quick service there but do not accept dining credits from the dining plan; or C) All of the above?

Just curious because I haven't heard that yet and we're thinking of staying there in 2013. "No dining plan accepted" would probably change that for us!

Thanks!

I'm not actually sure as I heard this from my father, but I believe all of the above otherwise we would consider staying there if it were option B. I am just as disappointed as you are as I, a major Ariel fan, have always wanted to stay at an Ariel themed hotel and was anticipating on staying there in 2013 as well. However, I guess we can keep our fingers crossed if anything changes. I believe they do not have the free dining plan there because it's brand new. It is quit a shame, though, the food court was very upscale :/

Mfarquar
08-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Hmmmm, maybe it was because it opened so close to when the free dining offer ended. Maybe it did not neatly coincide with the "book by" date of the promotion. Interesting...

I would imagine that they would have to add it sometime in the future since free dining is offered at all of the other resorts (even Deluxe).

Arielfan98
08-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Hmmmm, maybe it was because it opened so close to when the free dining offer ended. Maybe it did not neatly coincide with the "book by" date of the promotion. Interesting...

I would imagine that they would have to add it sometime in the future since free dining is offered at all of the other resorts (even Deluxe).

Yes I'm sure they'll have to open it up there especially since large families stay there for the suites. But for now no dining plan.

brownie
08-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Going to send this over to the Trip Reports forum.

faline
08-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Hope the disappointments didn't outweigh the fun portions of the trip!!