PDA

View Full Version : Need your thoughts for arrival day

WDW&MK
08-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

10 days and counting..... On the day we fly in, we will not have park tickets to use that day. We are staying at WL. Just DH and myself. I have ressies already for the following non-park locations during our trip: Cape May Cafe, WCC, and Cap'n Jacks.

I need your suggestions about where we should go for dinner that night. Should be at WL by around 3:30 or so. Haven't been to Planet Hollywood in a long time and we have the $15 coupon with our package. Anybody been there recently - thoughts? It really doesn't matter if it is a CS or TS meal, although I am not sure I'd want to do a 2 credit meal. What do you think?
Thanks much!!
Kari

faline
08-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe and Kona Cafe come to mind. If you're going to Downtown Disney, Earl of Sandwich might be a nice choice.

Brer_Fox
08-23-2012, 01:39 PM
One of my top 5 disney restaurants is right at the WL, which is the Artist Point.

Since its only you and DH, why not spend your first night at a nice romantic restaurant like "Artist Point". The food there is spot on (Buffalo and Salmon are good choices) and they have a really good listing of wines too. That would be my best bet to set the mood for your whole vacation.

Enjoy.

buzznwoodysmom
08-23-2012, 02:35 PM
You could try to get a ressie at Artist Point at WL that way you can enjoy your resort that first day. After dinner you can watch the water parade from the beach at WL.

Another option is to take the boat from WL to Contemporary and spend some time on the monorail, stopping at each of the monorail resorts. That is what we usually do for our first night when we stay at WL. We always book Ohana's at the Poly for our first night in WDW. After dinner we walk the beach, watch the water parade, maybe watch Wishes from the beach, make a loop around the monorail, then boat back to WL.

Zippy 1
08-23-2012, 02:43 PM
We were at Planet Hollywood in February. We had a great meal. It was fairly well priced(we used our coupon there). We would go again. Liked being able to eat and then walk it off in DTD. Our server was a lot of fun too:mickey:

disneykidsince1970
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM
What about eating around the loop? I might like to eat an app/drink at Poly, main course/drink at Citrico's, dessert/coffee at Cali Grill?? or... start at other side..

sushi/champagne at Cali Grill
App/Main Course at Citrico's
Coffee / Dessert at Poly/WL?

WDW&MK
08-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Those are some really good ideas. I was thinking about Kona or AP. I just don't know if I want to spend that much for dinner. I don't think we'll make an ADR because of the weird flight schedule that day, I don't know when we'll be hungry for dinner.

Itchy
08-23-2012, 09:28 PM
In 9 days we will be eating at Raglan Rd again. We do this most trips as we do not have ticket for the first night.
Good entertainment and food. IMO...

I saw Capt Jack's on your hit list. We will not go there again as the last meal we had about a year ago was a disaster both in quality and service. It may have improved since but we are done. There are to many other places that we enjoy to take that chance again.

Hope this helps...

Bethanymouse
08-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi Kari!

My vote is for Kona. I love to do the monorail loop and shop in all the stores. What a great way to start off the vacation. We have never been disappointed with Kona. If you time it right, you might be able to hit Kona later and catch the water light parade after dinner!:mickey:

Lindsey310
08-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Love planet Hollywood. In fact it's a tradition we always eat there the first night we arrive in WDW. It's a great choice, all American fare with something for everyone's taste. :eat: enjoy!!

6 days to go!!!!!! :joy:

Cinderelley
08-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Raglan Road is amazing, and you could do some shopping in Downtown Disney.

Yachtsman Steakhouse or Flying Fish, then wandering around the Boardwalk.

Tigerinvestigator
08-24-2012, 03:03 PM
So many options to choose from. First off, we ate at Planet Hollywood a couple of weeks ago and had a good meal. They also give a AAA discount if you are a member. The atmosphere is good but its one of those places we only eat at every five years or so. At DTD I would highly recommend Fulton's. If you feel like resort hopping why not go to AKL so that you can enjoy the resort and view the animals at night. Jiko or Boma would be a great way to start your vacation. My next choice would be Kona or Ohana at the Poly and like others have said resort hop the monorail resorts. Maybe view Wishes from the Poly's beach. That would set the mood for the rest of the trip!:thumbsup:

Gator
08-24-2012, 05:41 PM
I would head over to Grand Floridian and do 1900 Park Faire. The character dinner is really great with the two step-sister. They steal the show. Plus the food is pretty good, too. :thumbsup:

WDW&MK
08-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Never thought about a character dinner. Didn't know there was one for dinner outside of the parks...

Lots to think about :blush:

CuteAsMinnie
08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Just you and your husband.....

At the Wilderness Lodge.....

Ummm...

Lemme see....

Artist Pointe is a fabulous choice

:cloud9: