PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest menu

epceddie
08-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Anybody else out there turned off by the menu items they're going to be serving at the new Be Our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland? Just wondering.

civilmousefan
08-23-2012, 08:17 AM
I looked at the menus also. I am very surprised that they do not offer gray stuff!!??. I asked the dishes and they said it was delicious.

Dulcee
08-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Ah, I'm glad someone said it. I was planning on trying to get reservations for our December trip. Then I saw the menu and was totally unimpressed!

We'll try to stop in for lunch, the counter service menu seems ok. It just doesn't seem worth it to me for dinner though with so many other nicer choices around the world.

azcavalier
08-23-2012, 09:27 AM
I know that "to each their own", but I think that it looks good. Obviously, being Beauty and the Beast, it needs to be French, and that looks like French cuisine to me! We're going to try to get ADRs there in early May.

Jayhorn
08-23-2012, 09:31 AM
I thought that both the lunch and dinner menus looked wonderful. That made me even more disappointed that we couldn't get ressies for our December trip. I guess we'll be doing CS for lunch.

Basket Mommy
08-23-2012, 09:35 AM
I was excited by the dinner menu. I shared it with my 11 YO son and he said it looked so good it made him hungry.

Lindsey310
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Lunch seems like a better option vs dinner. The dinner options are not too appetizing, in my opinion. Probably will try it but will stick with lunch. :mickey:

6 days!!! :joy:

1DisneyNut
08-23-2012, 09:44 AM
We have absolutely no desire to even try the place after viewing the menu.

minnie-mouse
08-23-2012, 10:02 AM
We are totally turned off by it too. My kids wouldn't eat anything there. I can barely get them to eat meatloaf at home! I am bummed because I really wanted to try it to see the place, but the menu has no "normal" items.

Dulcee
08-23-2012, 10:09 AM
I know that "to each their own", but I think that it looks good. Obviously, being Beauty and the Beast, it needs to be French, and that looks like French cuisine to me! We're going to try to get ADRs there in early May.

While it has French elements it pales in comparison to both Les Chef de France and Bistro de Paris. Both have which have far nicer classical french selections.

AgentC
08-23-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't think the menu is bad, but it is not a picky eater friendly menu. I have a picky adult and a picky child. There was very little on the dinner menu either was willing to eat except for dessert.

For us this is going to be a pass for dinner and a maybe for lunch.

FriendsofMickey
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Both my husband and I thought the menu looked great! Cannot wait to eat there.

disneykidsince1970
08-23-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't think the menu is bad, but it is not a picky eater friendly menu. I have a picky adult and a picky child. There was very little on the dinner menu either was willing to eat except for dessert.

For us this is going to be a pass for dinner and a maybe for lunch.

Good point - you can do an ADR for dessert only, can't you?

Ms. Mode
08-23-2012, 11:04 AM
The menu looks "ok" to me; but the reason I want to eat there is to "see" it...if you know what I mean. :blush:

epceddie
08-23-2012, 11:23 AM
I know what you mean Ms. Mode. The dining room with the falling snow outside sounds really interesting.
Just for fun, I just tried to make a lunch reservation for our Dec. 9-16 trip. Everything was booked, so a lot of people must be looking forward to trying it.

AgentC
08-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Good point - you can do an ADR for dessert only, can't you?

I don't see why not. Even outside of Disney , there are restaurants where I go for just dessert or drinks or appetizers.

DisneyDINK
08-23-2012, 02:01 PM
I was wondering if some of you that don't like the menu can be more specific? Are the offerings on the dinner menu too bland or unexciting? Are there things that aren't on the menu that you think should be?

I get the picky eater angle, but those people probably would have the same issues at most of the Epcot WS restaurants.

Kenny1113
08-23-2012, 05:09 PM
No!

As I posted on another thread. I had no interest in this resturaunt whatsoever UNTIL I read the menu. So exciting to get something different at MK. I think my kids would really enjoy it as well.

Jayhorn
08-24-2012, 09:14 AM
I just tried to make a lunch reservation for our Dec. 9-16 trip. Everything was booked, so a lot of people must be looking forward to trying it.

This is a CS restaurant for lunch. I am correct that this means that there are no reservations for lunch ... right?

AgentC
08-24-2012, 09:36 AM
This is a CS restaurant for lunch. I am correct that this means that there are no reservations for lunch ... right?

Yes, counter service for lunch. Reservations for dinner.

ElenitaB
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
We're rather happy about the BOG menus. Something for everyone, as far as our family is concerned. I've planned CS and TS meals at BOG to research both options. :eat:

hauntedmansiongirl
08-24-2012, 11:53 PM
I think that we'll be checking it out just because it's something new. We haven't been disappointed in too many places around the world! :mickey: