PDA

View Full Version : Disney Debit Visa

snowblack
08-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Dont know if this was brought up or not already, but Chase is bringing back the disney debit card. Yay!!!:mickey::mickey:

JROriole8Fan
08-23-2012, 10:53 AM
if you have the discipline to spend up to what you have on a debit card, why can't you use a credit card and reap the rewards? I simply do not get the allure of a debit card, when a credit card offers you "float" & rebates.

brownie
08-23-2012, 11:14 AM
if you have the discipline to spend up to what you have on a debit card, why can't you use a credit card and reap the rewards? I simply do not get the allure of a debit card, when a credit card offers you "float" & rebates.

Not only that, but your fraud liability is typically waived on a credit card (and the maximum allowed by law is $50). With a debit card, not only are you fighting to get money put back into your account, but your liability may be unlimited depending on when you report it.

dizneydeb22
08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
The Disney Debit card benefits those that either were not approved for the credit card or do not want to add to their debt. I have the debit card and it saved us over $100 on our trip last week between the shopping, dining and photo savings.

In these times when people are struggling to rebuild, a credit card is not always an available solution.

Hopefully when we are in a better place, we'll consider the credit card, but right now we don't want to add to our debt. It's great that they came up with an option for those of us that aren't in a position to get the credit card. :blush:

DisneyDINK
08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
In these times when people are struggling to rebuild, a credit card is not always an available solution.

Hopefully when we are in a better place, we'll consider the credit card, but right now we don't want to add to our debt. It's great that they came up with an option for those of us that aren't in a position to get the credit card. :blush:

Good point. My first thought was similar to the other posters, but thanks for the reminder to be more compassionate. I can think of a lot of situations now where the Debit Card is a good idea.

DizneyRox
08-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Truth is, many people live well beyond their means, so I agree that a credit card is often a dangerous tool. Kudos to those that know their limits.

For us, we use and abuse the Disney Visa, almost to the point of feeling guilty for the rewards. But hey, if they want to give me free money, I'll take it. With the premier card, we've got small fortune sitting in reserve.

But, without those rewards, Chase wouldn't be my choice of banks. Not by a long shot, I'd be using a credit union card.

luvdiznee
08-27-2012, 07:57 AM
I keep trying to tell my son to move on from his debit card to a credit card, but he likes it. It was a way for him to use plastic right away as a form of payment (not having to carry cash) and he says he knows how much he has at all times.

snowblack
08-29-2012, 01:51 PM
The Disney Debit card benefits those that either were not approved for the credit card or do not want to add to their debt. I have the debit card and it saved us over $100 on our trip last week between the shopping, dining and photo savings.

Thank you, you said everything I was going to say:mickey:

missastrocat
08-29-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm really glad they brought the debit card back. Unfortunately, they don't have banks in our area, so the website says that because I can't open an account, a debit card would not be an option.

I'm paying off my credit cards, only a few months left to go, and really don't want to open other credit cards again for awhile. Hopefully they will open up a bank around us soon.

jnfr2424
08-31-2012, 08:55 AM
I just signed up for the Debit Card and I already have the premier Disney Credit Card. I got the Debit card plain and simply because its cute! I will probably never use the card its just going to look cute in my wallet!!

Thanks for letting me know the card was available!!