PDA

View Full Version : DDp, appetizers and kids

kgoulash
08-22-2012, 07:26 PM
i am traveling with an actual child according to Disney (age 5) and i know she will have her own child ddp credits that cannot be shared with anyone else, but i also have a 10 year old who is not considered a child by ddp standards and though he can eat an adult's portion he is more often not interested in the adult choices.
could i...
for example when we go to Jiko, purchase him a flatbread (as appetizers are not part of the plan) and save his TS for that night for another night, meaning all of us but one would be using our TS credits and we would pay for his one meal?
and if so, could the reverse be true, meaning if we have an odd number of credits left could we use say 3 and pay for 3 on one night?
thank you all once again for your help

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Yes, you can do both.

If you don't want to use the adult credit, you can pay for their meal, and then use their credits another time (or for a signature meal).

Kairi_7378
08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
This is what my coworker did for his most recent trip. He didn't want to use a TS credit to buy chicken fingers for his 11 year old son (and sometimes his wife.) They paid OOP for the smaller meal and used the credits to go to some signature restaurants.

kgoulash
08-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Great! Thank you both:mickey:

mook3y
08-22-2012, 09:47 PM
We are traveling during free dining this year and upgraded our DD8 to an adult so that we could have extra adult credits. DS3 doesn't eat much, so we plan to have him share with us, DD will use the child credits and will pay OOP for some kids meals.

Allowed us a lot of flexability on eating at Signature dining and Hoop-Dee-Doo.

Can't wait!